Best Eye Doctors In Dawsonville, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Dawsonville Optometrists in Dawsonville, Dawsonville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Dawsonville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Dawsonville.
Milan Eye Center
1034 Haw Creek Cir E Suite 100, Cumming, GA 30041
The Milan Eye Center staff, especially Dr. Desai, provide exceptional, honest care. Their state-of-the-art facility enables comprehensive exams and improved vision. Reviewers commend the friendly, courteous staff and skilled doctors, with many calling it their best exam experience ever. Patients appreciate the quality care and kindness, pledging to be lifelong customers.
- State-of-the-art facility with friendly and professional staff.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams provided by knowledgeable doctors.
- Honest and upfront assessments of eye conditions and treatment options.
166 Crossroads Blvd #110, Dawsonville, GA 30534
Customers had mainly positive experiences at the eye care center, complimenting the friendly, helpful staff and convenient, quick service. Some mentioned good value on exams, glasses and contacts. Others appreciated the knowledgeable, professional staff who put them at ease during exams. A few negative reviews cited misleading ads and delays getting contacts. Overall most customers were satisfied with their visits.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center was nice, friendly, and accommodating. They were praised for their excellent customer service and for going the extra mile to help customers find the best fit for their glasses or contacts.
- Quick and efficient service: Many reviewers commented on the fast service at this eye care center. They mentioned that the eye exams were done quickly and efficiently, and that they didn't have to wait long to receive their glasses or contacts. This efficient service was appreciated by customers who were looking for a convenient and time-saving experience.
- Great selection and deals: Several customers were happy with the selection of frames and the deals offered at this eye care center. They mentioned that they received a good price for their glasses or contacts, and that they were satisfied with the quality of the products they purchased. The presence of special offers, such as a free trial pair of contacts or a discounted price for an eye exam and a supply of contacts, was also mentioned as a positive aspect of this eye care center.
Market Place Eyecare
1525 Market Pl Blvd, Cumming, GA 30041
The eye care center was reviewed positively for its professional, knowledgeable staff who took time to thoroughly explain exams and address patient concerns. Patients appreciated the doctors’ kindness and helpfulness in selecting frames and insurance navigation. However, one patient was dissatisfied with an extra test and copay required for a basic exam.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Multiple reviews mention the doctors at this eye care center being knowledgeable, kind, and friendly during eye exams, making the experience pleasant for patients.
- Courteous and helpful staff: The staff at the eye care center is praised for being courteous, helpful, and patient. They are mentioned to answer questions professionally and provide assistance with frame selection, pricing, and insurance coverage.
- Thorough exams and clear explanations: The eye care center is commended for conducting thorough and informative eye exams. Doctors are praised for taking the time to listen to concerns, explaining results clearly, and addressing any questions or issues raised by patients.
Clarity Vision Group
1780 Peachtree Pkwy Suite 301, Cumming, GA 30041
Clarity Vision Group garners mostly positive feedback for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and comprehensive eye exams. While isolated incidents of rude service and questionable expertise occurred, they pale in contrast to the preponderance of pleased customers. Patients also value the expansive eyewear options and clear pricing.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Clarity Vision Group is helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. They take the time to explain everything in detail and provide thorough and informative eye exams.
- Wide selection of glasses and eye care products: Reviewers are impressed with the extensive frame selection and options for lenses, including designer frames, progressive lenses, and anti-glare and blue light blocking options. The staff is patient and helps customers find what works best for them, without pushing unnecessary upgrades.
- Positive customer service experience: Many reviews highlight the excellent customer service at Clarity Vision Group. The staff is described as personable, professional, and attentive, making the entire experience from walking in the door to the eye exam and frame selection a positive one.
Eye Site Family Vision Center
1681 Thompson Bridge Rd, Gainesville, GA 30501
The eye center gets mostly positive reviews for helpful staff, knowledgeable doctors, efficient service and minimal wait times. However, one customer had a poor experience with an unthorough, uncommunicative doctor. Overall it’s recommended for the friendly, timely service and eyeglass selection.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are helpful, friendly, and patient. They assist with selecting glasses, answer questions, and provide a welcoming atmosphere.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers mention that their appointments were seen on time and the eye exams were quick. The doctors also answered questions and provided informative explanations during the exam process.
- Excellent with children: Many reviews highlight the positive experiences of bringing their children to this eye care center. The staff and doctors are described as great with kids, engaging them in conversation, making them comfortable, and providing a positive visit overall.
Woolfson Eye Institute – Cumming
1505 Northside Blvd Suite 1200, Cumming, GA 30041
Most patients reported positive experiences, citing thorough, professional, and caring doctors and staff. However, a few highlighted problematic interactions like impatient staff, poor communication about surgery costs, and dismissal of concerns. While most were pleased, some felt the quality of care and customer service fell short.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Dr. Brody and Dr. Wolfson performed thorough eye exams and reassured the patient that their eyes were healthy. They provided personalized care and instructions for eye care.
- Kind and caring staff: Many reviewers praised the kind and caring nature of the staff, from the front desk to the nurses and doctors. They felt comfortable and trusted the team with their eyes.
- Prompt response and quick appointments: Reviewers appreciated the prompt response to their eye conditions. In one case, the on-call doctor scheduled an ASAP appointment for the next day. In another case, Dr. Leff saw a patient within half an hour for a possible serious eye condition.
Eye Care For You
3830 Windermere Pkwy Ste 301, Cumming, GA 30041
Dr. Bharti Bathija-Lala receives consistent positive feedback for her comprehensive eye exams and kind, knowledgeable manner. Patients remark on her dedication to fully explaining procedures and findings. Her expertise and attentive care have earned her an excellent reputation and many loyal patients.
- Thorough and Informative Exams: The eye care center is praised for providing thorough and informative eye exams. Patients appreciate the knowledgeable and caring optometrists who take the time to explain each step and answer all questions.
- Personalized and Patient-Centric Care: The eye care center is known for its personalized and patient-centric approach. The optometrists are commended for their friendly and understanding demeanor, ensuring patients feel comfortable and listened to during their visit.
- Knowledgeable and Experienced Doctors: Patients consistently mention the expertise and knowledge of the eye care center's doctors. They appreciate the detailed explanations, recommendations for eye health management, and adherence to best practices in eye care.
For Your Eyes Only Eye Care
5851 S Vickery St, Cumming, GA 30040
The majority of reviews praise For Your Eyes Only’s knowledgeable, thorough, and friendly eye doctors, modern and pleasant office, great glasses selection, helpful staff, and excellent customer service. Specific mentions of Dr. Sivan’s expertise educating patients on eye health. However, one review cited an unpleasant staff experience and limited contact lens inventory.
- Knowledgeable and informative doctors who take the time to explain things during eye exams.
- Friendly and welcoming staff who provide excellent customer service and assistance in selecting glasses.
- Offers alternative treatments for myopia, such as Ortho-K lenses, that have shown positive results for patients.
29 Dawson Village Way S, Dawsonville, GA 30534
The eye care center is well-regarded for their friendly staff, efficient exams, and wide frame selection. Patients comment on the competence of the knowledgeable doctors. Though an error in prescription was mentioned, most customers report a positive experience and quality care.
- Super friendly and helpful staff
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams
- Wide selection of fashionable frames to choose from
3296 Thompson Bridge Rd, Gainesville, GA 30506
Patients enthusiastically endorse the friendly, knowledgeable staff, efficient service, and comprehensive eye exams by Dr. Keylee Brown and team at Key Optique. Many recommend the practice for the personalized care, help choosing frames, and immaculate, stylish office. Patients also appreciate the advanced technology and praise the clear communication and professionalism of Dr. Brown and staff. Overall, patients are very satisfied with the quality of care and customer service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable nature of the staff, including the optometrist. They felt comfortable and well taken care of during their eye exams.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Many reviewers praised the thoroughness of their eye exams, noting that they felt their vision needs were well-addressed. They also mentioned that the exams were efficient, without feeling rushed.
- Help with frame selection: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff went above and beyond in helping them choose the perfect pair of glasses. They appreciated the assistance and felt that their preferences and needs were taken into consideration.
890 Dawsonville Hwy, Gainesville, GA 30501
Reviews highlight helpful and friendly staff for quick exams and good frames at eye care centers, though some express frustration with communication issues, unexpected charges, delays and unhelpful staff. One patient recommends Yulanda Washington at Lakeshore Pearle Vision for exceptional customer service and excellent eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff who greet customers upon arrival and provide assistance throughout the process.
- Quick and easy eye exams, with a good selection of frames to choose from.
- Some staff members are praised for their knowledge, patience, and superior customer service.
Complete Family Eyecare & Optique
2350 Atlanta Hwy Unit 110, Cumming, GA 30040
The optometrist receives acclaim for helpful staff and short waits. Another reviewer compliments the welcoming, professional staff, thorough exam, personalized attention and extensive eyewear. However, one criticizes incorrect frame fittings blamed on facial features. Another expresses dissatisfaction with poor service and unprofessionalism. Dr. Scott Baylard earns praise for exceptional care, expertise and compassion. Overall, reviews show knowledgeable, caring doctors and eyewear variety, with some negatives about service and fittings.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff, from the front desk to the optometrists themselves. They make patients feel comfortable and take the time to thoroughly explain procedures and answer any questions.
- Wide range of eyewear options: Many customers appreciate the extensive selection of eyewear available at the eye care center. The staff is knowledgeable in guiding patients through the selection process, ensuring they find the perfect pair of glasses that suit their style and prescription requirements.
- Efficient and thorough examinations: Customers mention that the eye exams conducted at this location are thorough and quick. The optometrists are knowledgeable and provide personalized attention and treatment. Several customers also mention the use of modern technology and advanced equipment, emphasizing the commitment to maintaining high standards of eye care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.