Best Eye Doctors In Dalton, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Dalton Optometrists in Dalton, Dalton, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Dalton reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Dalton.
Brilliant Eyes Vision Center
2450 Atlanta Rd SE Suite 200, Smyrna, GA 30080
The majority of reviews laud the friendly and professional staff, comfortable office, and comprehensive eye exams by Dr. Janelle Davison. Customers also note the convenience of booking appointments and abundant frame options. However, one criticizes an unsatisfactory contact lens experience and inflexible refund/exchange policies. In general, this eye care center garners acclaim for attentive service and expertise.
- Easy appointment scheduling: Multiple reviewers mention that it was easy and convenient to schedule an appointment at the eye care center. This indicates that the process is efficient and user-friendly.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Reviewers consistently praise the staff at the eye care center for their professionalism and knowledge. This suggests that the staff is well-trained and capable of providing high-quality eye care services.
- Wide selection of frames: Many reviewers mention that the eye care center has a great variety of high-quality glasses frames to choose from. This is a positive aspect for those looking to purchase new frames with their prescription.
Arthur Park, OD PLLC
100 Cobb Pkwy, Ringgold, GA 30736
Patients were pleased with the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at this eye care center, singling out Dr. Park. The thorough eye exams and detailed explanations from doctors were appreciated. Appointment convenience and efficiency earned positive marks, though a few reviewers felt rushed during exams, and some cited difficulties scheduling.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Several reviews mentioned that the office staff and Dr. Park were professional, kind, and provided a thorough explanation of test results. This indicates a high level of expertise and a positive patient experience.
- Efficient and convenient: Many reviews highlighted the quick and easy nature of the eye exams, with patients being in and out of the office within a short amount of time. The appointment scheduling process was also praised for being convenient. This suggests that the eye care center values their patients' time and strives to make the process as streamlined as possible.
- Thorough and detailed exams: Customers mentioned that Dr. Park performs thorough exams and takes the time to answer questions and explain the results. This indicates that patients felt confident in the quality of their eye exams and appreciated the level of attention given to their individual needs.
Lookout Eye Care
1895 Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742
Lookout Eye Care patients appreciated the doctors’ expertise, especially Drs. Catarino and Wellford. The friendly, helpful staff put customers at ease during exams. The office offers quality frames. One parent, however, had an unsatisfactory encounter with a rude staff member during their child’s visit. Overall, customers recommend Lookout for its professional, quality eye care.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this location were very thorough and detailed. The optometrists took the time to explain the results and findings, making the experience informative and educational.
- Friendly and patient staff: Numerous reviews praised the staff for being friendly, patient, and professional. The staff members were described as personable and attentive, making patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the visit.
- Wide selection of frames and no pressure to purchase: Several reviewers mentioned the great variety of frames available, catering to different price ranges. Additionally, patients appreciated that there was no pressure to purchase glasses beyond their budget.
Professional Eye Associates
1111 Professional Blvd, Dalton, GA 30720
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and comprehensive eye exams. While wait times can run long and some specialty eyewear is hard to find, the bigger concerns are around surgical scheduling and communication.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many customers mentioned that the eye exams at this location were thorough and the doctors took the time to answer all their questions and concerns.
- Friendly and professional staff: Customers consistently praised the friendly and professional staff at the eye care center, from the front desk to the nurses and doctors.
Dalton Ear, Nose & Throat Associates
1436 Chattanooga Ave, Dalton, GA 30720
Patients appreciate the eye center’s friendly, knowledgeable doctors, helpful nurses, and kind staff. While some mention longer waits, most consider the quality care worth it, and recommend the center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and courteous staff at the eye care center, emphasizing their kindness, professionalism, and respect.
- Knowledgeable and attentive doctors: Customers positively review the doctors at the eye care center, mentioning their expertise, listening skills, and appropriate bedside manner. They appreciate the time taken by the doctors to address their concerns and the respect shown towards their opinions.
- Excellent customer service: Several customers mention the exceptional customer service they received at the eye care center. This includes going above and beyond to ensure comfort, providing clear explanations, and treating patients like family.
Dr. Nick Malerbi
1207 W Walnut Ave, Dalton, GA 30721
The eye care center receives positive reviews for their thorough and friendly staff. Patients describe Dr. Malerbi as attentive in explaining procedures and answering questions. While some found the frames costly, most considered their visit quick, professional, and educational.
- Quick, thorough, and informative eye exams: The eye care center has been praised for providing quick yet thorough eye exams. Patients appreciated that the doctor took the time to explain their prescriptions and show them the difference between their current and new prescriptions.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Numerous reviews mentioned the friendly and welcoming staff at the eye care center. Patients felt comfortable during their visits and appreciated that the staff was transparent about the tests conducted and the results.
- Excellent customer service: The eye care center was praised for its excellent customer service. Patients mentioned that the staff was helpful, answered all of their questions, and took great care of them during their visits.
Tulman Eye Group
880 Crestmark Dr #101, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
Tulman Eye Group receives mostly glowing reviews for their thorough eye exams, professional doctors and staff, and patient, friendly manner with children and first-timers. One negative review describes an isolated incident with a staff member, but overall the practice offers excellent customer service and comprehensive exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and patient nature of the staff, including doctors and technicians. They take the time to explain procedures and make patients feel comfortable.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviews highlight the detailed and thorough nature of the eye exams at Tulman Eye Group. Patients appreciate the level of care and attention given to their eye health.
- Clean and sanitized environment: One review specifically mentions the cleanliness and sanitization protocols followed by the eye care center. Patients feel reassured that every precaution is taken to ensure a safe and hygienic environment for their eye care needs.
U & M Family EyeCare
1871 N Elm St, Commerce, GA 30529
U&M Family EyeCare patients report satisfied experiences, citing friendly staff, informative exams, and talented doctors like Islam, Ishaque, Collins, and Nguyen.
- Highly knowledgeable and attentive doctors: Multiple reviewers mentioned receiving exceptional care from Dr. Islam, Dr. Ishaque, and Dr. Collins. These doctors were described as thorough, informative, patient, and willing to go above and beyond to address concerns and provide personalized solutions.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff consistently received praise for being friendly, helpful, and well-trained. Reviewers appreciated the pleasant and welcoming atmosphere of the eye care center.
- Comprehensive and thorough exams: Several reviewers mentioned that their eye exams at this location were the most thorough they had ever experienced. The doctors were commended for taking the time to explain test results, discuss options, and educate patients on maintaining good eye health.
Ross Eyecare Group
2625 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
Ross Eyecare receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for their attentive doctors, comprehensive exams, and exceptional customer service, though some cite issues with frame selection and staff interactions. Patients praise the knowledgeable, thorough doctors and friendly staff, and many express loyalty and a willingness to travel long distances. While a minority critique the frames or staff, Ross Eyecare is regarded overall for their quality eye care and extensive frame options.
- Quality service from start to finish: The eye exams and customer service from the optician team are highly praised, making it a reliable choice for eye care.
- Professional and attentive doctors: The doctors at Ross Eyecare take their time listening to patients' issues and perform thorough eye exams, ensuring a comprehensive and personalized experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at Ross Eyecare are described as courteous, professional, and knowledgeable, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
1675 Cumberland Pkwy SE Suite 103, Smyrna, GA 30080
Clarkson Eyecare receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, helpful staff and thorough eye exams. While many customers praise Tabby and Dr. Bang, a few express frustration with insurance confusion and aggressive sales tactics from Taylor.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, professional, and helpful. They assist customers in selecting glasses, explain insurance information, and make the overall experience pleasant.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Customers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted by the doctors at this location. They explain the reasons behind changes in eyesight and take the time to address concerns. The doctors are described as knowledgeable and patient during the examination process.
- Excellent frame selection: Many customers praise the wide selection of frames available at this eye care center. With designers such as Andy Wolfe, Tory Burch, Kate Spade, and Gucci, customers are likely to find a pair of glasses that suits their taste.
1207 W Walnut Ave, Dalton, GA 30720
The Dalton Pearle Vision location is well-regarded for attentive service, comprehensive eye exams, and expert guidance in selecting eyewear. Most customers enthusiastically recommend them for all vision needs. Isolated complaints concern sporadic phone issues and rare problems with glasses quality or refund processing.
- The staff at this location is described as super nice, competent, and welcoming, creating a positive and comfortable atmosphere for eye exams and eye care.
- The optometrist at this location is praised for being thorough, explaining everything in detail, and being easy to talk to, ensuring that patients have a clear understanding of their vision health.
- The employees at this location are commended for their exceptional service and dedication to helping customers find the perfect frames, ensuring a personalized and enjoyable experience.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.