Best Eye Doctors In Covington, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Covington Optometrists in Covington, Covington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Covington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Covington.
1285 GA-138, Conyers, GA 30013
Customers noted friendly staff and thorough, informative eye exams at this eye care center. They described excellent customer service overall. However, one review cited a rude manager and issues with glasses quality.
- The staff at this eye care center are highly praised for their personable and friendly service. They make sure to explain the eye exam process thoroughly and ensure that patients are comfortable throughout the visit.
- Customers appreciate the knowledgeable and accommodating staff at this location. They go above and beyond to provide excellent customer service, including offering free eye exams and assisting with finding glasses within a budget.
- The eye exams at this center are described as seamless and up to date with current technology. Customers feel that their eye care needs are attended to with care and attention, and they appreciate the comfortable and welcoming atmosphere.
3135 U.S.278 NW, Covington, GA 30014
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback, with customers commending the comprehensive eye exams and attentive service from staff members including Dill, Kim, Pamela, Gabriel, Jacob, and Brianna. Appreciated conveniences included quick appointments and walk-in availability. A couple reviews cited aggressive sales tactics and brief virtual exams as areas for improvement. In general, customers found their experiences pleasant and satisfactory.
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, specifically mentioning Dill, Kim, Pamela, Olivia, Gabriel, Jacob, Brianna, Ashton, and Nuno. Customers appreciate their knowledge, patience, and customer service expertise.
- Thorough Eye Exams: Many reviews mention that the eye exams were thorough and comfortable. Customers appreciate that the staff takes the time to explain the exam results in detail and answer any questions they may have.
- Wide Selection of Frames: Several reviews mention that the staff was helpful in picking out frames and that they had a good selection to choose from. Customers appreciate the assistance in finding frames that fit their style and preferences.
The Eye Center
1192 Dogwood Dr SE, Conyers, GA 30012
The Eye Center is highly regarded for its friendly, attentive staff and skilled doctors who put patients at ease during exams. Drs. Healey and Grosswald stand out for expertise, thorough exams, and clear communication. Patients also appreciate the cutting-edge equipment and extensive eyewear selection.
- The staff at the Eye Center is described as super friendly, attentive, and involved in the eye exam process. They ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for both adults and children.
- The doctors at the Eye Center are highly knowledgeable, thorough, and communicative. They provide accurate evaluations, diagnoses, and prescriptions, and take the time to answer all questions and concerns.
- The Eye Center has state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring a comfortable and efficient eye exam. Patients appreciate the thoroughness and clarity of the exams, as well as the comprehensive explanations provided by the doctors.
1013 E Freeway Dr SE, Conyers, GA 30094
Patients appreciate the eye care center’s knowledgeable and friendly staff, quick service, and professional doctors like Dr. Foster and Dr. Oyegunle. They highlight the supportive staff including Jessica and Sharon. The nice office atmosphere and kind, knowledgeable receptionists also receive praise. Patients are satisfied with the care and service.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. This can create a positive and comfortable experience for patients during eye exams and consultations.
- Efficient service and short wait times: Several reviews mentioned that the wait times at this eye care center were not long, and the eye exams were conducted quickly yet thoroughly. This can be a benefit for individuals who prefer prompt and efficient service.
- Caring and attentive doctors: Reviewers praised specific doctors at the center for their caring and attentive approach during eye exams. This can be reassuring for patients, especially those who have specific concerns or conditions that require personalized care.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
3159 Hwy 278 NE, Covington, GA 30014
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their helpful, friendly staff, quality service, and knowledgeable doctors. Patients mention employees like Deanna, Susan, and Alexis who provide excellent care. Overall, reviewers describe a pleasant experience where staff make them feel welcomed and cared for.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this location were friendly, polite, and patient. They were described as being knowledgeable and professional, providing excellent service throughout the visit.
- Great customer service: Several reviewers praised the customer service provided by the staff, noting that they went above and beyond to assist them. They were impressed with the staff's willingness to help, problem-solving abilities, and their efforts to make the customers feel welcome and comfortable.
- Convenient and efficient: One reviewer mentioned that the process, from booking the appointment to picking up the glasses, was excellent and well-organized. They appreciated the virtual appointment option and the thoroughness of the eye exams.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
1596 Dogwood Dr SE Suite D, Conyers, GA 30013
Customers frequently described friendly, helpful staff at this eye care center. Multiple reviewers greatly appreciated the professional eye exams, aid in selecting frames, and resolving prescription issues. However, a few negative reviews noted unprofessional behavior from one doctor and rude, unhelpful staff members.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned positive experiences with the staff, including employees like Mekal, Leah, Mekei, and Seluwa. They were described as welcoming, knowledgeable, and patient.
- Efficient and quick service: Several customers mentioned that they were able to get eye exams, select glasses, and even have contacts fitted in a short amount of time. This efficient service was appreciated by reviewers, along with the fact that the staff did not try to upsell add-ons for glasses.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Reviewers mentioned specific doctors who provided excellent care and were knowledgeable about different eye care options, such as Dr. Merritt and Dr. Rasheed. Their expertise and professionalism were seen as positive aspects of the eye care center.
The Eye MD
1359 Milstead Rd NE # 103, Conyers, GA 30012
Dr. Day’s eye care center is known for outstanding patient care, professional staff, and thorough eye exams. Appointments run smoothly. Dr. Day explains eye health clearly and compassionately. Her expertise and quality service come highly recommended.
- Outstanding care: The eye care center provides exceptional care with efficient appointment scheduling, minimal waiting time, and thorough eye exams conducted by Dr. Day and her professional staff.
- Knowledgeable and attentive: Dr. Day is highly knowledgeable in her field and takes the time to explain eye conditions and treatment options in a way that is easily understood by patients. The staff is also responsive, personable, and caring.
- Professional and welcoming: The office environment is clean, orderly, and welcoming. The staff follows strict Covid-19 protocols, including sanitization measures, handwashing, and mask-wearing, ensuring a safe and comfortable experience for patients.
4106 Mill St NE a, Covington, GA 30014
Dr. Washington provides attentive, professional eye care. Patients comment on her thorough exams, caring manner, and ability to address concerns. The Spectacular Eyecare staff delivers friendly, helpful service. The office follows strict COVID-19 protocols for a safe patient experience.
- Dr. Washington is thorough and caring, with a focus on patients' needs and concerns.
- The front office team is courteous, caring, and professional.
- The eye care center follows COVID restrictions strictly, ensuring the safety of high-risk individuals.
Dr. Peter Moresi and Associates
2195 GA-20, Conyers, GA 30013
The eye care center receives excellent reviews for Dr. Moresi’s warm and thorough care, and the helpful, friendly staff. Patients value the knowledgeable answers to their questions and quick, enjoyable exams. Highly recommended.
- Dr. Moresi and the staff were friendly, attentive, and provided excellent customer service.
- The eye exams were fast and efficient, with minimal upselling.
- The doctor took the time to explain everything and answer any questions, ensuring a thorough and informative experience.
10269 Industrial Blvd, Covington, GA 30014
Frame Masters provides an exceptional eye care and eyewear experience. Patients appreciate the clean, organized showroom and vast selection. Staff are praised for their attentiveness, patience and excellent customer service. Patients feel valued, heard and confident in their choices.
- Clean and organized showroom with a vast selection of eyewear to meet anyone's needs.
- Attentive and patient staff, both in the showroom and during the eye exam.
- Excellent customer service, with friendly and knowledgeable staff who go above and beyond to assist customers.
David L. Grosswald, OD
1192 Dogwood Dr SE, Conyers, GA 30012
Dr. Grosswald provides excellent care and customer service. He specializes in keratoconus treatment and vision options. Patients report improved vision and satisfaction with eyewear quality.
- Dr. Grosswald is highly recommended and provides exceptional care, especially for conditions like keratoconus.
- The staff at the eye care center provides superb customer service and the center has a fantastic selection of eyewear.
- Dr. Grosswald is highly skilled and has the ability to custom design contacts for specific conditions, improving patients' vision significantly.
1800 Dogwood Dr SE, Conyers, GA 30013
Dr. Shawn receives consistent positive feedback from patients for his warm demeanor, helpful attitude, and excellent customer service. Patients recommend him highly.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers consistently mention the helpful and friendly staff, particularly mentioning Shawn's exceptional service.
- Positive and professional attitude: The licensed optician at this eye care center is praised for having a great attitude and wearing a warm smile, which contributes to a pleasant and professional atmosphere.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.