Best Eye Doctors In Brunswick, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Brunswick Optometrists in Brunswick, Brunswick, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Brunswick reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Brunswick.
Vision Source Family Eye Care (Brunswick)
90 Village At Glynn Pl, Brunswick, GA 31525
The eye care center received overwhelmingly positive feedback for their professional, thorough exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff who take time to explain procedures. Long-time patients highly recommend the welcoming environment. However, one review mentioned a payment/prescription issue. Overall, the reviews indicate quality care and service.
- Exceptional staff: The staff is described as welcoming, courteous, polite, respectful, and professional. They treat patients like family members and provide excellent service.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors are described as professional, patient, thorough, caring, funny, attentive, and they take the time to explain everything in detail. They provide advanced and thorough eye exams and have great bedside manners.
- Friendly and efficient service: The customer service is described as friendly and professional. The staff makes patients feel comfortable and at ease during the entire visit. The eye exam process is efficient, with cleaning after each patient, and the doctor explains everything well.
Stay Focused Eyecare
120 Commerce Dr STE 100, Brunswick, GA 31525
Customers highly recommend this eye care center for its excellent, courteous staff. Patients report thorough exams and attentive service from Dr. Rittenhouse. They appreciate the welcoming atmosphere, prompt service, and knowledgeable staff. The main downside mentioned is a limited frame selection, but improvement is expected. Overall, exceptional service makes this eye care center a top choice.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is knowledgeable and friendly, providing excellent service and making patients feel welcome and comfortable.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviewers state that they had the most thorough eye exams they've ever had at this center, with the optometrist taking the time to explain everything and answer any questions.
- Accommodating and flexible scheduling: One review mentions that the staff always works with patients to find the best appointment times, and the center has good business hours, making it convenient for those with busy schedules.
Glynn Eye Care
1909 Gloucester St, Brunswick, GA 31520
Glynn Eye Care is well-reviewed for their friendly, professional staff, especially Dr. Parmelee’s skill in diagnosing and treating eye conditions. Though a couple customers expressed dissatisfaction with the receptionist and vision department, the majority strongly recommend Glynn Eye Care for eye exams and eyeglass needs.
- Outstanding, friendly, professional, and thorough eye care.
- Quick and easy appointments with thorough care.
- Excellent staff, very patient with children, and great with both kids and adults.
McConnell Eye Associates
2712 Parkwood Dr, Brunswick, GA 31520
Dr. McConnell provides comprehensive eye exams and personalized treatment at his beautifully-appointed office. Patients extol his expert care for various conditions, attentive manner, and accessibility outside regular hours. Reviewers also appreciate the friendly staff and advanced technology.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Reviewers consistently mention that Dr. McConnell provides thorough and extensive eye examinations, ensuring that all aspects of their eye health are addressed.
- Compassionate and caring staff: The staff members at McConnell Eye Associates are described as genuine, sincere, patient, and caring. Patients feel well taken care of and appreciate the compassionate approach of the entire team.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Patients mention that appointments at McConnell Eye Associates are scheduled promptly and run efficiently. They appreciate that wait times are minimal, and they can receive the care they need without long delays.
Coastal Eye Care LLC
312 Redfern Village #2522, St Simons Island, GA 31522
Patients speak highly of Coastal Eye Care’s comprehensive and efficient eye exams. Dr. Hicks provides knowledgeable and thorough care. The practice offers excellent customer service, a wide selection of eyeglasses, and quick repairs. One negative review mentioned an incident with a staff member, but overall Coastal Eye Care is recommended for their professional and quality care.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams provided at this eye care center. The knowledgeable and friendly staff take the time to explain the procedures and ensure a comprehensive experience for patients.
- Excellent customer service: There are numerous mentions of the staff being friendly, attentive, and polite. Patients appreciate the welcoming atmosphere and the willingness of the staff to listen, answer questions, and accommodate scheduling issues.
- Trustworthy and caring doctor: Dr. Hicks is repeatedly praised for his professionalism, expertise, and patience. Patients feel that he genuinely cares about their eye health and safety, and they appreciate his thoroughness in examining their eyes.
Millican Eye Center
1626 Frederica Rd # 101, St Simons Island, GA 31522
The eye care center has received positive feedback from vacationing customers who required urgent care. Patients commented favorably on Dr. Milligan’s prompt service, accurate diagnoses, and suitable prescriptions. Customers also appreciated the center’s excellent service, like repairing broken eyewear without issue and offering free contact lens samples.
- Prompt and efficient service: Multiple reviewers praised the eye care center for providing quick appointments and diagnoses, allowing them to get the necessary prescriptions and treatment promptly.
- Helpful and accommodating staff: The staff at the center were commended for their friendly and courteous attention, as well as their willingness to fix broken glasses and provide samples of contact lenses free of charge.
- Convenient location: While not explicitly mentioned in the reviews, the fact that the eye care center is located in a popular vacation destination suggests that it may be convenient for those seeking eye care while on vacation or in the surrounding area.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
150 Altama Connector, Brunswick, GA 31525
Customers largely commend the professional, friendly staff’s attentiveness at this eye care center. Reviews also indicate affordable pricing and frequent frame sales. However, some experienced insurance denial and limited assistance. Manager Cal garners widespread acclaim for providing excellent customer service.
- Professional eye exams and glasses: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for providing proper, professional eye exams and offering a wide selection of glasses.
- Welcoming and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at the eye care center were friendly, helpful, and provided excellent customer service. They were willing to assist immediately, repair glasses, and go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
Millican Eye Center
149 Altama Connector, Brunswick, GA 31525
The eye doctors receive consistently positive feedback for their thorough exams and kind manner. Patients mention the office’s advanced technology and precise diagnosis of conditions like astigmatism. Many loyal customers commend the excellent service they’ve received over multiple years.
- Thorough and kind eye exams: Reviewers mention that the eye care center provides thorough and comprehensive eye exams, ensuring that customers receive the best care possible.
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers appreciate the expertise and experience of the eye doctors at this center, with one reviewer specifically mentioning how their astigmatism was caught and corrected by Dr. Millican.
- Positive and welcoming atmosphere: Multiple reviewers express their love for the office and mention the awesome service provided by the employees, indicating a positive and welcoming atmosphere at the eye care center.
Millican Eye Center
2500 Starling St STE 104, Brunswick, GA 31520
The eye care center receives positive feedback for attentive service, including assisting a patient who arrived without contacts. However, one review is incomplete.
- Convenient and accommodating: The eye care center proved helpful and accommodating in a situation where the reviewer forgot their contacts at home. This suggests that they go above and beyond to assist customers in need.
- Reliable and preferred choice: The fact that the reviewer states they "wouldn't go any other place" indicates a high level of satisfaction and trust in the eye care center. This suggests that the center consistently provides dependable and satisfactory services.
Dr. Tara Jordan
3303 Glynn Ave, Brunswick, GA 31520
Dr. Jordan receives positive feedback for her attentive, caring approach. Patients say she listens thoughtfully to their concerns and makes adjustments to optimize their vision. Her expertise and affable bedside manner are praised.
- Dr. Jordan takes the time to listen to patients' concerns and adjusts prescriptions accordingly, resulting in improved vision.
- She is knowledgeable and caring, providing a positive experience for patients in terms of both expertise and personality.
Seema Bhula, OD
149 Altama Connector, Brunswick, GA 31525
Customers were pleased with Dr. Bhula and Millican Eye Center. One customer mentioned their injury was treated successfully. The eye care center is highly recommended overall.
- Dr. Bhula provides pleasant and effective treatment for eye injuries.
- Millican Eye Center is highly recommended for eye care and exams.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.