Best Eye Doctors In Augusta, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Augusta Optometrists in Augusta, Augusta, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Augusta reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Augusta.
Eye Guys – Eye Physicians & Surgeons of Augusta, PC
1330 Interstate Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their professional, friendly, and compassionate staff and doctors who provide efficient and thorough eye exams in a comfortable setting. However, some reviews mention issues with billing, scheduling, and dissatisfaction with certain procedure results.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight that the eye exams at this location are quick, efficient, and thorough. The optometrists perform a range of tests to provide a clear understanding of the condition of the eyes.
- Compassionate and friendly staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as professional, friendly, and attentive. They make an effort to explain the exam process, answer any questions, and ensure a positive experience for patients.
- Excellent care and skilled doctors: Patients have expressed high levels of satisfaction with the care they received from the doctors at this eye care center. The doctors are described as thorough, caring, and skilled in their field. They offer a range of services, from eye exams to surgeries, making it a one-stop-shop for eye care needs.
3412 Wrightsboro Rd Ste 905, Augusta, GA 30909
The eye care center was commended for thorough exams, friendly staff, affordable prices, and expertise in selecting eyewear. Customers could customize their glasses to their needs. However, some experiences included lengthy waits and dissatisfaction with one doctor’s service.
- Quick and efficient eye exams
- Staff is knowledgeable, patient, and helpful in choosing glasses frames
- Affordable prices for glasses and lenses
- Thorough eye exams that address both distance and reading glasses
- Knowledgeable staff who can recommend glasses for specific lifestyles and needs
- Military discount available
- Glasses ready within an hour
- Friendly and professional staff throughout the entire process
Eye Care by Design
217 Bobby Jones Expy, Martinez, GA 30907
Customers speak highly of the friendly staff and comprehensive eye exams. Patients value the expertise of the optometrists and their commitment to customer satisfaction. Reviews highlight the staff assisting patients in finding affordable options for glasses and contacts.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, making the overall experience pleasant and comfortable.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the comprehensive explanations provided by the optometrists, ensuring they have a clear understanding of their eye health.
- Assistance with cost-saving options: The eye care center goes above and beyond to help customers save money on their eyewear, finding ways to maximize insurance benefits and applying deals and combinations to reduce costs.
Augusta Eye MD
905 Stevens Creek Rd, Augusta, GA 30907
Augusta Eye MD provides comprehensive eye exams and attentive, expert care. Their friendly, knowledgeable staff foster a welcoming atmosphere. Doctors take time to explain procedures in detail. Patients recommend this office for their professional, highly-rated eye care services.
- Highly recommended by multiple patients for both eye exams and surgical procedures.
- Friendly and attentive staff who provide thorough eye exams and take the time to explain observations and address concerns.
- Well-organized and efficient office with state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring a seamless and valuable experience for patients.
Eye Associates of Georgia at Augusta Mall
3450 Wrightsboro Rd, Augusta, GA 30909
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for efficient visits, minimal wait times, and friendly staff. Patients describe the doctors as knowledgeable, taking time to explain exams and answer questions. A few patients experienced long appointment wait times and delays receiving glasses.
- The eye care center provides a pleasant and smooth experience for eye exams, with polite staff and minimal wait time.
- The doctors at the center are knowledgeable, friendly, and thorough in performing eye exams, ensuring a positive experience for patients.
- The office is equipped with new and updated equipment, providing a high level of care and accurate assessments for eye health.
Horizon Eye Center – Nadeem Fatteh, MD
1212 Augusta W Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909
Patients consistently mention the Horizon Eye Center’s professional yet friendly staff, comfortable environment, and thorough exams. Drs. Fatteh and Nadeem earn particular praise for their knowledgeable, patient, and attentive care. Patients appreciate the helpful staff, minimal wait times, and clear explanations. Reviews overwhelmingly recommend Horizon for its quality, compassionate eye care.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center are professional, friendly, and make them feel comfortable during their visit and eye exam.
- Thorough and patient-centered care: Many reviewers highlight the doctors' thoroughness during exams, taking their time to explain everything in a way that the patients can understand. They also appreciate the personal attention and the doctors' willingness to listen to their concerns.
- Efficient and quick service: Reviewers mention that the waiting time is minimal, and the staff provides fast and efficient service, ensuring a quick experience without feeling rushed.
Martinez Eye Associates
3412 Wrightsboro Rd Suite 905, Augusta, GA 30909
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback for their friendly and knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams, and prompt service. Though a few reviewers cited long wait times and difficulty getting appointments.
- Great customer service: Many reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, polite, and knowledgeable, providing excellent customer service during eye exams and while helping customers select glasses.
- Quick turnaround time: Multiple reviewers mention that they were able to receive their glasses on the same day of their eye exam, and some even mentioned that their glasses were ready sooner than expected.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Several reviewers praise the eye exams they received at this location, mentioning that they were thorough and provided detailed information about their eye health.
3440 Wrightsboro Rd, Augusta, GA 30909
Dr. Brodil receives mostly positive feedback for her pleasant, professional demeanor and expertise. Patients also appreciate the wide selection of eyeglass frames. One customer did have issues with poor service and glasses fitting.
- Pleasant and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff at this eye care center is pleasant, professional, and personable. This creates a positive and comfortable experience for patients during their eye exams and fittings.
- Excellent with kids: The eye care center's optometrist, Dr. Brodil, is noted for being wonderful with children. Parents feel at ease bringing their kids for eye exams as Dr. Brodil is knowledgeable, caring, and good with kids. This makes it a great place for families seeking eye care for their children.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, reasonable prices: Many reviewers mention that the staff and doctors are friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. They appreciate that the eye care center offers a large selection of frames and reasonable prices. This makes it a good option for individuals looking for a wide variety of choices and affordable eye care services.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.