Best Eye Doctors In Acworth, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Acworth Optometrists in Acworth, Acworth, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Acworth reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Acworth.
6121 Cedarcrest Rd Suite 108, Acworth, GA 30101
The eye care center receives consistently positive reviews for the thorough exams performed by knowledgeable doctors like Poteet, Valle, and Draper. Patients also appreciate the friendly staff who help select affordable glasses and insurance plans. The professional yet enjoyable experience makes this a top choice for eye care.
- The eye care center has friendly and knowledgeable staff members who take the time to explain and answer questions during eye exams.
- The center offers a wide selection of frames and assists customers in finding the perfect pair of glasses within their budget.
- The center is praised for the efficiency and professionalism of its staff, making the overall experience pleasant and enjoyable.
Acworth Family Eyecare
4900 Ivey Rd #1226, Acworth, GA 30101
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews praising the friendly staff, thorough exams, and good service. A few negative reviews cite issues with prescriptions, billing, rushed exams, and limited frame options.
- Great staff and well-organized eye exam experience
- Friendly and helpful staff members
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrists
Dr. Kristy Q. Le
3378 Cobb Pkwy NW, Acworth, GA 30101
Customers have consistently positive experiences at this eye care center. Patients describe the staff as friendly and welcoming. Dr. Kristy Le receives high marks for her kindness, attentiveness, and thorough eye exams. Many appreciate the helpful front office employees and efficient exam process. Patients are pleased with the professional and attentive service from the doctors.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mentioned how friendly and welcoming the staff at the eye care center were. Patients felt comfortable and heard during their appointments.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: The doctors at the eye care center were praised for being knowledgeable, thorough, and taking their time to explain everything during the eye exams. They were also commended for making patients, including children, feel comfortable during the process.
- Excellent customer service: The front office employees were described as helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. They assisted patients with choosing frames and answered all their questions thoroughly. The overall customer service experience was highly rated.
Marietta Eye Clinic
4450 Calibre Xing Suite 1104, Acworth, GA 30101
Positive reviews praise the professionalism and thoroughness of the eye exams. Patients appreciate the optometrists’ knowledge and patience when explaining procedures clearly. The attentive doctors, friendly staff, cleanliness, and convenient location make this a commended eye care center.
- Thorough and professional eye exams
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Convenient location and clean facilities
Classic Vision Care – Kennesaw
1615 Ridenour Blvd # 201, Kennesaw, GA 30152
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews for friendly staff and comprehensive exams, though some patients noted high prices, insurance hassles, and dissatisfaction with particular doctors. Overall, they seem to offer quality care but may struggle with costs and customer service at times.
- Timely appointments: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they were seen promptly at their appointment times, indicating efficient scheduling and minimal wait times.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being thorough, informative, and attentive. They were described as polite, helpful, and willing to answer questions, ensuring a positive experience throughout the eye exam process.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were thorough and covered all necessary aspects. This suggests that the eye care center provides comprehensive assessments to address individual needs and ensure accurate prescriptions.
1720 Mars Hill Rd Suite 160, Acworth, GA 30101
Eye Contact provides excellent eye care with state-of-the-art technology in a clean, inviting office. Patients commend the thorough exams, helpful staff, wide product selection, and Dr. Mobley’s professionalism and friendly manner. Efficient, kid-friendly services are also praised, though two reviewers cited issues with staff attentiveness and a recent decline.
- The office is spotless and equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- Dr. Mobley is thorough, knowledgeable, and provides clear and concise information about vision.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and provides excellent customer service.
Hester Eye Associates, PC
3745 Cherokee St NW #404, Kennesaw, GA 30144
Dr. Hester and his friendly, knowledgeable staff at Hester Eye Associates provide thorough exams and quality care, earning them stellar reviews. Patients appreciate Dr. Hester’s expertise and attentiveness. The sole negative review stems from a new scheduling policy limiting family appointments.
- Highly qualified and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers praised Dr. Hester and his staff for their expertise and thoroughness in addressing eye concerns and providing accurate prescriptions. They felt well taken care of and appreciated the personalized attention.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere: Multiple reviews mentioned the warm and cheerful demeanor of the staff, creating a pleasant experience for patients. The office was described as being like visiting family, which made patients feel comfortable and valued.
- Comprehensive eye exams and quality care: Patients appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at Hester Eye Associates. They felt that their concerns were taken seriously and that the doctors took the time to explain everything and answer questions. The quality of care was consistently highlighted as top-notch.
3245 Cobb Pkwy NW #105, Acworth, GA 30101
Customers consistently describe the staff at this eye care center as helpful, friendly, and attentive, singling out Sharnicia, Kyle, Alisa, Jemima, Haley, and Shar. The convenient eye exam process and affordable prices appeal to many. Knowledgeable explanations during appointments give customers confidence, leading them to enthusiastically recommend this provider.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention the helpfulness, friendliness, and attentiveness of the staff, particularly Sharnicia, Kyle, Alisa, Jemima, Haley, and Shar. Customers appreciated their assistance during the eye exam process and in finding the right glasses.
- Knowledgeable and informative staff: Customers mentioned that the staff, such as Haley and Hailey, had extensive knowledge about different frame types, lens options, and the eye exam procedure. They were thorough in explaining the tests and answering any questions, making customers feel valued and well-informed.
- Efficient and affordable: Several reviews highlighted the quick turnaround time, with customers being in and out of the eye care center within 30 minutes. They found the prices for glasses and contacts to be reasonable and even cheaper than other eye doctors they had visited before. Saving money and receiving efficient service was highly appreciated by customers.
1415 Wooten Lake Rd NW #100, Kennesaw, GA 30144
Patients consistently comment on the professional, personalized care from staff at this eye care center. They find the eye exams informative and reasonably priced. Multiple reviewers name Jyrell, Ellen and Dr. Tasman as providing friendly, helpful service.
- The staff at MyEyeDr in Kennesaw is friendly and great at their jobs, providing a pleasant and efficient experience.
- Dr. Covington and Dr. Tasman are professional, personable, and provide excellent eye exams.
- Jyrell and Alex are patient and helpful when it comes to selecting frames for glasses.
Huffman Family Eye Care
80 Seven Hills Blvd Bldg 200, Dallas, GA 30132
The eye care center receives predominantly positive reviews for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough eye exams. Drs. Huffman and Vazquez stand out for their professionalism and attentive care. One disappointed patient cited issues with scheduling and customer service. In general, reviewers highly recommend the quality of care provided.
- Friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable staff
- Thorough and fast eye exams
- Emphasis on eye health along with prescription needs
- Seamless process for ordering contacts
- Great options and recommendations for glasses
3378 Cobb Pkwy NW, Acworth, GA 30101
Patients consistently commend the eye care center’s respectful and helpful office staff. Dr. Kristy Q. Le earns excellent reviews for clearly explaining eye care and patiently answering questions. Staff member Heather makes choosing frames enjoyable with her exceptional assistance.
- Dr. Le is highly recommended by satisfied patients for her professionalism and knowledge. She takes time to explain eye terms and answer questions, making patients feel confident and well-informed.
- The staff, particularly Heather and Jessica, are praised for their exceptional customer service and ability to help customers find the right frames that suit their face. They are patient, friendly, and go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
- The office staff is described as respectful, welcoming, and efficient, creating a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.