Best LASIK Surgeon In Valrico, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Valrico LASIK Surgeons in Valrico, Valrico, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Valrico reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Valrico.
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
The LasikPlus Tampa staff receive consistent positive feedback for their friendliness, expertise, and attentive care throughout the quick, painless procedure that leaves most patients with 20/20 vision or better. Patients describe the dramatic improvement to their vision as life-changing and highly recommend the practice.
- Super nice, helpful, knowledgeable, and professional staff
- Quick and painless procedure with 20/20 vision results
- Excellent results with improved vision and little to no side effects
The LASIK Vision Institute
4301 W Boy Scout Blvd Suite 140, Tampa, FL 33607
Patients report life-changing experiences and improved vision after undergoing LASIK with Dr. Ireland. They describe a quick, painless process and friendly staff. Many achieve 20/15 or better vision and highly recommend this practice for the transformative results.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers mentioned that their experience with this lasik surgeon was life-changing and resulted in improved vision. Some even reported seeing better than 20/20 vision, with one reviewer going from -5.50 to 20/15 vision.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the lasik procedure was quick, painless, and easy. Some even compared it to getting a tattoo or piercing, emphasizing how manageable the process was.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers consistently praised the staff at this lasik surgeon practice for their professionalism, kindness, and knowledge. They highlighted the staff's ability to explain the procedure, provide reassurance, and make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
Kaufman Eye Institute – Wesley Chapel
2145 Cypress Ridge Blvd. #201, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
Patients describe noticeable improvements in vision following surgery at this lasik practice. They appreciate the knowledgeable doctors who take time to answer questions and friendly staff. Overall, patients report great experiences including successful procedures and attentive follow-up care.
- Improved vision after cataract surgery.
- Accommodating staff who speak multiple languages.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors who provide detailed explanations.
LasikPlus: Dr. Lewis Groden
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
The positive reviews highlight Dr. Groden’s personable and knowledgeable staff, efficient procedures with minimal discomfort, and dramatic visual improvements. Patients were pleased with the in-depth consultations and ongoing support from Dr. Groden. Many reported life-changing vision correction and an overall smooth experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff as being friendly and helpful, providing a comfortable and reassuring experience.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the results of their LASIK surgery, noting improved vision and the ability to see clearly without glasses or contacts.
- Transparent pricing and thorough answering of questions: The practice is praised for being transparent about pricing and addressing all patient questions thoroughly, making the LASIK experience more positive and stress-free.
Tampa Eye Laser Center – Dr. David Leach MD
4303 N Gomez Ave, Tampa, FL 33607
Dr. Leach provides excellent care and results at Tampa Eye Laser Center according to many satisfied patients. His knowledgeable staff ease patients through the process with their friendliness and attentiveness. Patients comment on Dr. Leach’s skill and care leading to good vision post-surgery without complications. Highly recommended by patients for Lasik and other eye surgeries.
- Highly skilled surgeon and knowledgeable staff: Dr. Leach and his team are described as being highly skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced in the field of lasik surgery. They provide thorough explanations and reassurance to patients, making them feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers mention achieving 20/20 or even better vision after the surgery, indicating successful outcomes. The positive results speak to the effectiveness of Dr. Leach's techniques and expertise.
- Friendly and caring staff: Patients consistently mention the kindness, friendliness, and caring nature of Dr. Leach and his staff. They take the time to know their patients, answer questions, and address any concerns, creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
Behler Eye And Laser Center
2346 Drew St, Clearwater, FL 33765
Dr. Behler provides quality LASIK care with expert knowledge and attentive service. Patients praise his professional, friendly staff. Many have successfully undergone refractive lens replacement, cataract surgery and LASIK here. Dr. Behler uses advanced lasers. His accommodating team helps ensure positive experiences.
- Experienced and skilled surgeon: Dr. Behler is praised for his expertise and successful outcomes, particularly with refractive lens replacement and cataract surgeries.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendliness and professionalism of the staff at Behler Eye. Patients appreciate the warm and accommodating atmosphere.
- Advanced technology: Dr. Behler is known for using innovative laser equipment, which sets him apart from other doctors. This technology contributes to successful results and improved vision for patients.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.