Best LASIK Surgeon In Tarpon Springs, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 104 LASIK Surgeons in Tarpon Springs, FL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 7307 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Tarpon Springs.
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
Lasik Plus Tampa has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from satisfied patients. Many reviewers have expressed their happiness with their improved vision, with some achieving 20/15 or 20/20 vision. The staff and doctors are described as friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and caring, making the entire process from consultation to post-operative care seamless and reassuring. Patients have also appreciated the quick and painless procedure, as well as the clear instructions and explanations provided throughout. Overall, Lasik Plus Tampa is highly recommended for anyone considering lasik surgery.
- Super nice, helpful, knowledgeable, and professional staff
- Quick and painless procedure with 20/20 vision achieved within 24 hours
- Excellent results, improved vision (20/15), and little to no side effects
Updegraff Laser Vision - St. Petersburg
1601 38th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
Positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight the amazing skills and care of Dr. K and the supportive and organized staff. Patients appreciate the thorough exams and the attentive and friendly nature of the staff. The practice is praised for providing a stress-free experience, addressing concerns, and improving patients' vision significantly.
- Dr. K is highly recommended for her expertise and care.
- The supportive staff is organized and helpful, ensuring accurate data collection.
- The staff is friendly, attentive, and provides thorough explanations to address concerns.
St. Luke's Cataract & Laser Institute Tarpon Springs
43309 US Hwy 19 N, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
Positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice mention accommodating staff, kind and professional service, and successful surgeries resulting in improved vision. Reviewers appreciate the caring and thoroughness of certain individuals, such as Antonio Mentor, Dr. Gill, and Dr. Howard. Overall, many people express satisfaction with the surgery outcomes and the overall experience at the practice.
- Accommodating and professional staff for cataract surgery: The staff was kind and professional during the cataract surgery, accommodating the patient's preferred dates and providing excellent care.
- Excellent surgeon for LASIK: Dr. Howard is highly recommended by a satisfied patient who had LASIK surgery. The patient experienced life-changing results and expressed gratitude towards Dr. Howard and Rita for their help.
- Skilled and caring technicians: Antonio Mentor, a tech at St. Luke's Eye Clinic, received special praise for his patient, detailed, and caring approach during an eye exam. Patients appreciate the thoroughness and expertise of the clinic's technicians.
Michael H. Manning, MD, FACS - Palm Harbor Ophthalmologist
2650 Tampa Rd, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the staff's friendliness, professionalism, and care. Many reviewers mention that Dr. Manning is knowledgeable, thorough, and takes the time to answer questions. The overall experience is described as excellent, with quick and painless procedures. Patients have reported improved vision and highly recommend Dr. Manning and his team for eye care and surgeries.
- Dr. Manning is caring, thorough, and knowledgeable, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed.
- The staff at Gulfcoast Eye is friendly, efficient, and professional, providing excellent care and service from start to finish.
- The procedures performed by Dr. Manning have resulted in improved vision and successful outcomes for many patients, with high satisfaction levels.
Lasik Specialists LLC
2451 McMullen Booth Rd # 202, Clearwater, FL 33759
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the excellent results and lack of pain associated with the procedure. Patients highly recommend Dr. Burger and his staff, praising their friendly demeanor and ability to answer all questions. Many reviewers express gratitude for the improved vision and recommend the practice to others.
- Excellent results: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they were impressed with the results of their Lasik procedure and experienced no pain during or after the surgery. They were very happy with their new vision and saw better than 20/20 or 20/15.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers praised Dr. Burger and his staff for being friendly, informative, and professional. They felt comfortable throughout the process and appreciated the team's care and reassurance. The staff answered all questions and provided a calming atmosphere.
- Affordable pricing: Reviewers mentioned that the practice offered competitive pricing, with one person mentioning a Groupon deal. They found the procedure to be a great value compared to other options and felt that they received high-quality medicine and care despite the lower price.
Tampa Eye Laser Center - Dr. David Leach MD
4303 N Gomez Ave, Tampa, FL 33607
Patients consistently praise Dr. Leach and his staff at the Tampa Eye Laser Center for their professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness. Many appreciate the thorough explanations and reassurances they received before and after their surgeries, especially those who were initially nervous. The majority of patients report excellent results, with improved vision ranging from 20/20 to 20/15, and express satisfaction with their decision to have lasik done by Dr. Leach.
- Excellent patient care: Dr. Leach and his staff are described as kind, welcoming, and knowledgeable, making patients feel comfortable and reassured throughout the entire lasik procedure.
- Exceptional results: Many reviewers report achieving 20/20 or better vision after the surgery, with improved visual clarity and vividness of colors.
- Personalized attention: Dr. Leach takes the time to get to know his patients and is described as relaxed, warm, and confident. Reviewers appreciate the individualized care they receive at Tampa Eye Laser Center.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article