Best LASIK Surgeon In Port Orange, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 116 LASIK Surgeons in Port Orange, FL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 3189 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Port Orange.
Filutowski Eye Institute
110 Yorktowne Dr, Daytona Beach, FL 32119
The positive reviews about this lasik surgeon practice highlight their great staff and doctor, with many reviewers recommending them to others. The staff is praised for being professional, knowledgeable, and friendly, making patients feel well-cared for. The facility is also described as beautiful and clean, and many reviewers are happy with the clear and detailed explanations provided during their visits.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers for the staff and the doctor's expertise.
- Professional and efficient staff who provide thorough explanations and address all questions.
- Ethical practice that prioritizes the best procedure for each individual's situation, even if it is less expensive.
Magruder Laser Vision
120 E Par St # 2000, Orlando, FL 32804
Most of the reviews for the lasik surgeon practice were positive, with many patients expressing their satisfaction with the overall experience and results. Reviewers praised the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, particularly highlighting the knowledge and expertise of the surgeons. Many mentioned how the surgery had significantly improved their vision, allowing them to see clearly without the need for glasses or contacts. The efficient and seamless process, along with the attentive and comforting approach of the doctors, were also commonly mentioned as reasons for recommending the practice to others.
- Quick and easy procedure with immediate improvement in vision
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable and reassured
- Wide range of vision correction options tailored to individual needs
Lasik Pro, P.A.
105 Bonnie Loch Ct, Orlando, FL 32806
Lasik Pro Eye Consultants, led by Dr. Brian Den Beste and Dr. Kyle Den Beste, receives highly positive reviews from patients. Patients appreciate the compassionate and kind treatment they receive from the entire staff, including Dr. Kyle, who performed the surgery. Many patients report improvement in vision and color perception shortly after the procedure. The staff is described as professional, knowledgeable, and friendly, providing excellent patient care. Overall, patients highly recommend Lasik Pro Eye Consultants for lasik and cataract surgery.
- Highly skilled surgeons: Dr. Brian Den Beste and Dr. Kyle Den Beste are praised for their expertise and skill in performing LASIK and cataract surgeries. Patients have experienced improved vision and clear results after their procedures.
- Compassionate and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention the compassionate and kind treatment provided by the staff at Lasik Pro Eye Consultants. From the front office to the surgical staff, patients feel supported and cared for throughout their entire experience.
- Excellent patient care and service: Lasik Pro Eye Consultants is consistently praised for their outstanding patient care and service. The staff is professional, thorough, and knowledgeable, creating a positive and efficient environment for patients.
Dr. Konrad Filutowski, MD
110 Yorktowne Dr, Daytona Beach, FL 32119
Overall, the positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the professionalism and expertise of the staff. Many patients had successful surgical procedures and were pleased with their improved vision. The staff was described as friendly, knowledgeable, and thorough in explaining the process. The modern facility and organized operations were also appreciated.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice were friendly, kind, and professional, making the overall experience more comfortable and reassuring.
- Modern facility and updated equipment: Numerous reviewers praised the modern facility and updated equipment at the lasik surgeon practice. This indicates that the practice is equipped with the latest technology to provide high-quality care.
- Successful results: Several reviewers expressed their satisfaction with the results of their laser eye surgery or cataract procedures. They reported improved vision and a life-changing experience, indicating that the practice has a track record of successful outcomes.
Magruder Laser Vision
7350 Sand Lake Commons Blvd Suite 1115, Orlando, FL 32819
Patients rave about the lasik surgeon practice, specifically praising the staff's professionalism, friendliness, and knowledge. Dr. Shumski, Dr. Nguyen, Dr. Hunter, and Dr. Robin are highly recommended and have exceeded expectations. Many patients express their gratitude for the clear vision they now have and emphasize the excellent customer service and welcoming atmosphere provided by the staff. The new location is also praised for its cleanliness and convenience. Overall, patients feel well taken care of and would highly recommend the practice to others.
- Professional and Knowledgeable Staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff at the practice. Reviewers highlight the expertise of the surgeons, including Dr. Shumski, Dr. Nguyen, Dr. Hunter, Dr. Robin, and Dr. Bassion, among others.
- Excellent Results: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the results of their LASIK surgery. They mention clearer vision, no longer needing glasses or contacts, and achieving 20/20 or even 20/15 vision.
- Friendly and Welcoming Atmosphere: Numerous reviews praise the welcoming and friendly atmosphere of the practice. The staff is described as kind, caring, and treating patients like family. Reviewers mention specific staff members, such as Aaliyah, Savanna, Janis, Juan, Sonnie, Sunnie, and Iris, highlighting their exceptional service and positive attitude.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article