Best LASIK Surgeon In Plantation, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 160 LASIK Surgeons in Plantation, FL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 13826 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Plantation.
The LASIK Vision Institute
8211 W Broward Blvd PH 2, Plantation, FL 33324
The Lasik Vision Institute and their staff received high praise for their excellent service, amazing customer service, and knowledgeable staff. Patients reported fast recovery times, 20/20 or even 20/15 vision, and pain-free procedures. The staff members were described as attentive, friendly, and professional, with special shout-outs to individuals such as Dr. Fox, Dr. Huang, and SHERWIN. Overall, patients highly recommend The Lasik Vision Institute for their next procedure. However, there was one negative review regarding an appointment scheduling issue.
- Excellent customer service and knowledgeable staff
- Fast and painless procedure with quick recovery and amazing results
- Staff ensures patients are comfortable and calm throughout the entire process, with thorough explanations and attentive care.
7867 N Kendall Dr # 260, Miami, FL 33156
The lasik surgeon practice receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the friendly, professional, and helpful staff, particularly Jessy and Carolina. Dr. Therese Alban is highly praised for her expertise, kindness, and communication skills during procedures. Patients also comment on the smooth and painless process, with quick recovery times and excellent results. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice for anyone considering Lasik surgery.
- Friendly and professional staff make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- The doctor is knowledgeable, kind, patient, and explains the entire procedure to patients, making them feel confident in her abilities.
- Quick and painless procedure with minimal discomfort and a fast recovery time, resulting in clear vision. The staff also provides post-operative care instructions to ensure a smooth healing process.
Pannu Laser & Vision Institute- Davie
10650 W State Rd 84 STE 100, Davie, FL 33324
Patients who visited the Lasik surgeon practice had an amazing experience and were grateful for the amazing staff. They reported having perfect vision and a quick and painless procedure. The staff and doctors were professional, informative, and kind. Patients recommended the practice to anyone considering eye surgery and appreciated the excellent service and professionalism.
- Amazing and knowledgeable staff that made the entire experience effortless and made patients feel at ease
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon who provides honest recommendations and individualized care, with excellent results
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment, top-notch facilities and a very clean and comfortable environment, with great pre- and post-surgery care and communication.
1951 SW 172nd Ave Suite 304, Miramar, FL 33029
The lasik surgeon practice has received glowing reviews from patients for their professionalism, attentive staff, painless procedure, quick healing process, and impressive results. Patients have expressed satisfaction with their decision to undergo the lasik surgery at the practice, citing liberation from glasses and contacts as well as a life-changing experience. The staff is lauded for providing clear explanations, thorough consultations, and patient comfort throughout the process.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who explain the procedure thoroughly and answer all questions.
- Quick and painless procedure, with many patients reporting improved vision shortly after surgery.
- Affordable prices and flexible payment plans, as well as a one-year coverage for future visits.
CorrectVision - Weston
2300 N Commerce Pkwy Suite 308, Weston, FL 33326
Patients highly recommend CorrectVision Laser Institute for their expertise and exceptional customer service. The doctors and staff are professional, kind, and knowledgeable, making every patient feel cared for and comfortable. Patients have seen amazing results and life-changing improvements in their vision, whether through LASIK, cataract surgery, or other procedures. The facilities are clean, modern, and well-equipped, and the team is always available to answer questions and address concerns.
- Highly skilled and professional surgeons.
- Excellent bedside manner and patient care.
- Life-changing results with little to no complications.
3850 Hollywood Blvd # 203, Hollywood, FL 33021
The CorrectVision Laser Institute and their lasik surgeon, Dr. Bosem, received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praised Dr. Bosem's skill and experience, as well as the friendly and informative staff. Some reviewers even experienced life-changing results and expressed gratitude for the improvement to their quality of life. Overall, CorrectVision Laser Institute was commended for providing exceptional service and professionalism. There were some issues with the Hollywood location's parking, but this did not detract from the positive feedback on the practice and Dr. Bosem's expertise.
- Skilled and experienced lasik surgeon, Dr. Bosem, who puts patients at ease and uses triple-checking to ensure correct vision.
- Friendly and informative staff who offer luxury service and treat patients like family.
- Life-changing experiences with successful surgeries resulting in 20/20 or 20/15 vision for patients with previously poor vision.
Millennium Laser Eye Centers
1601 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy #410, Sunrise, FL 33323
Millennium Laser Eye Center has a reputation as a top-notch facility with a friendly and professional staff. Patients rave about their quick healing and easy pre and aftercare. Dr. Cory M. Lessner is highly recommended for his ability to walk patients through the whole process and provide top-level care, leading to life-changing experiences.
- Friendly and welcoming staff
- Quick and painless procedure
- High success rate with achieving 20/20 vision
Cory Lessner, MD - LASIK Surgeon
1601 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy #410, Sunrise, FL 33323
Dr. Cory Lessner and the team at Millennium Laser Eye Center are highly recommended for their great work in LASIK procedures. Patients have praised their professionalism, friendliness, and ability to make them feel comfortable and at ease during the process. Many patients have reported excellent results with improved vision and have expressed gratitude to Dr. Lessner and his team for the life-changing experience.
- Dr. Cory Lessner is very experienced, skilled, and knowledgeable in LASIK surgery.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and helpful, making patients feel comfortable and well-cared for.
- The office is clean, modern, and well-equipped. The procedures are painless and fast, and most patients report clear vision within minutes to hours after surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article