Best LASIK Surgeon In Plant City, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Plant City LASIK Surgeons in Plant City, Plant City, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Plant City reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Plant City.
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
Lasik Plus Tampa patients reported excellent experiences, with praise for the friendly, professional staff and Dr. Groden’s expertise and calm demeanor. Many achieved 20/20 or better vision and were thrilled with the quick, painless procedure and life-changing freedom from glasses and contacts.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff: The lasikPlus Tampa team is described as super nice, helpful, knowledgeable, and professional. Patients appreciate the pleasant and informative interactions they have with the staff, which helps alleviate any anxiety or concerns about the procedure.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviewers express how the lasik procedure at LasikPlus is quick, painless, and seamless. Patients report being able to see clearly, with vision ranging from 20/20 to 20/15, within 24 hours or a few days after the surgery.
- Life-changing results: Many patients describe their experience at LasikPlus as life-changing, stating that the results of the procedure have greatly improved their quality of life. They no longer need to rely on corrective lenses, and some even achieve better than perfect vision with 20/15 clarity.
- Overall, the pros of choosing LasikPlus Tampa based on the reviews include a professional and knowledgeable staff, a quick and painless procedure, and life-changing results that greatly improve vision.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4301 W Boy Scout Blvd Suite 140, Tampa, FL 33607
Patients report life-changing vision improvements from quick, painless procedures by Dr. Ireland. His calm demeanor and clear explanations reassure patients throughout. Staff receive high marks for their friendliness and helpfulness. Patients appreciate the affordable pricing, thorough post-op instructions, and freedom from glasses and contacts.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers mentioned that the LASIK surgery process was quick and painless, with minimal discomfort during and after the procedure.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews praised the staff for being welcoming, friendly, and informative. They made patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to post-operative care.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviewers expressed their satisfaction with their improved vision after LASIK surgery. Several mentioned achieving better than 20/20 vision, allowing them to see without the need for glasses or contacts.
LasikPlus: Dr. Lewis Groden
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
Patients consistently commend Dr. Groden and his staff for their amiable and professional manner. Numerous patients report transformative Lasik experiences, with improved vision and minimal discomfort after surgery. Patients find the staff knowledgeable and caring, keeping them at ease and informed.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The practice has a team of friendly and supportive staff who walk patients through the entire LASIK experience, making them feel comfortable and well-informed.
- Transparent and thorough: The practice is transparent about pricing, answers all questions thoroughly, and provides detailed explanations of the procedure, ensuring that patients feel confident and knowledgeable about their decision.
- Quick and efficient: Many reviewers mention that the LASIK procedure itself was quick and painless, with minimal complications. The efficient process helps reduce stress and anxiety for patients.
- Note: These pros are based on the positive reviews provided and may not reflect the experience of every patient.
Lasik Specialists LLC
2451 McMullen Booth Rd # 202, Clearwater, FL 33759
Patients consistently praise Dr. Burger and his team at The Lasik Specialists for their expert care, affordable pricing, and excellent results. Patients report painless procedures and improved vision. The knowledgeable staff receives accolades for their friendliness. Overall, Dr. Burger comes highly recommended for lasik surgery.
- Excellent results: Multiple reviewers praised the excellent results they experienced after their Lasik surgery, with some achieving better than 20/20 vision and 20/15 vision.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff, including Dr. Burger, were described as friendly, caring, and professional. They answered all questions and made patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Affordable pricing: Reviewers mentioned that the pricing at Lasik Specialists was more affordable than other options they had considered. They highlighted the great value they received for the quality of the procedure.
Tampa Eye Laser Center – Dr. David Leach MD
4303 N Gomez Ave, Tampa, FL 33607
Patients consistently commend Dr. Leach and the Tampa Eye Laser Center team for their expertise, professionalism, and attentive care throughout vision correction procedures. Many describe clear post-op results, including some achieving 20/15 vision. The office’s welcoming atmosphere and Dr. Leach’s reassuring manner ease patients through the process.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at Dr. Leach's practice are described as nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. Patients feel well taken care of throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to post-operative checkups.
- Successful results: Many patients report achieving 20/20 vision or better after undergoing lasik surgery with Dr. Leach. Patients are happy with the outcomes and experience improved vision without complications.
- Personalized care: Dr. Leach and his staff take the time to know their patients and address any concerns or anxiety they may have about the procedure. Patients feel comfortable and supported throughout the entire process, from pre-op consultations to post-operative care.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.