Best LASIK Surgeon In Plant City, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 95 LASIK Surgeons in Plant City, FL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 11017 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Plant City.
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
The Lasik Plus Tampa practice received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praised the friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff who provided excellent customer service throughout the process. Many were thrilled with their results, achieving 20/20 vision or even better. Patients highlighted the quick, painless procedure and the life-changing experience of no longer needing glasses or contacts. The surgeon, Dr. Groden, was highly recommended for his expertise and calming presence during the surgery. Overall, patients had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend Lasik Plus to others.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff: The lasikPlus Tampa team is described as super nice, helpful, knowledgeable, and professional. Patients appreciate the pleasant and informative interactions they have with the staff, which helps alleviate any anxiety or concerns about the procedure.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviewers express how the lasik procedure at LasikPlus is quick, painless, and seamless. Patients report being able to see clearly, with vision ranging from 20/20 to 20/15, within 24 hours or a few days after the surgery.
- Life-changing results: Many patients describe their experience at LasikPlus as life-changing, stating that the results of the procedure have greatly improved their quality of life. They no longer need to rely on corrective lenses, and some even achieve better than perfect vision with 20/15 clarity.
- Overall, the pros of choosing LasikPlus Tampa based on the reviews include a professional and knowledgeable staff, a quick and painless procedure, and life-changing results that greatly improve vision.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4301 W Boy Scout Blvd Suite 140, Tampa, FL 33607
Overall, the positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight the life-changing experience and improved vision that patients have had. Many reviewers mention the quick and painless procedure, friendly and helpful staff, and the ability to see without glasses or contacts. Dr. Ireland is specifically praised for his calm demeanor, thorough explanations, and reassurance throughout the process. Patients also appreciate the clear instructions for post-operative care and the affordability of the procedure.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers mentioned that the LASIK surgery process was quick and painless, with minimal discomfort during and after the procedure.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews praised the staff for being welcoming, friendly, and informative. They made patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to post-operative care.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviewers expressed their satisfaction with their improved vision after LASIK surgery. Several mentioned achieving better than 20/20 vision, allowing them to see without the need for glasses or contacts.
LasikPlus: Dr. Lewis Groden
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
Patients consistently praise Dr. Groden and his staff for their friendly and professional demeanor. Many reviewers mention that they had a positive and life-changing experience with Lasik surgery, with improved vision and no pain post-surgery. The staff is described as informative, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed throughout the process.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The practice has a team of friendly and supportive staff who walk patients through the entire LASIK experience, making them feel comfortable and well-informed.
- Transparent and thorough: The practice is transparent about pricing, answers all questions thoroughly, and provides detailed explanations of the procedure, ensuring that patients feel confident and knowledgeable about their decision.
- Quick and efficient: Many reviewers mention that the LASIK procedure itself was quick and painless, with minimal complications. The efficient process helps reduce stress and anxiety for patients.
- Note: These pros are based on the positive reviews provided and may not reflect the experience of every patient.
Lasik Specialists LLC
2451 McMullen Booth Rd # 202, Clearwater, FL 33759
The Lasik Specialists practice, led by Dr. Burger, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Many mention that the procedure was painless and resulted in excellent vision. Patients appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff, as well as the affordable prices compared to other providers. Overall, patients highly recommend Dr. Burger and his team for their expertise and quality of care.
- Excellent results: Multiple reviewers praised the excellent results they experienced after their Lasik surgery, with some achieving better than 20/20 vision and 20/15 vision.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff, including Dr. Burger, were described as friendly, caring, and professional. They answered all questions and made patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Affordable pricing: Reviewers mentioned that the pricing at Lasik Specialists was more affordable than other options they had considered. They highlighted the great value they received for the quality of the procedure.
Tampa Eye Laser Center - Dr. David Leach MD
4303 N Gomez Ave, Tampa, FL 33607
Dr. Leach and his staff at Tampa Eye Laser Center receive glowing reviews from patients who have had LASIK surgery or other laser eye procedures. Patients praised Dr. Leach's knowledge and expertise, as well as his calming demeanor during the procedures. The staff was consistently described as friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Many patients reported excellent results and improved vision, with some achieving 20/15 vision. Overall, patients highly recommend Dr. Leach and Tampa Eye Laser Center for their professionalism and quality of care.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at Dr. Leach's practice are described as nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. Patients feel well taken care of throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to post-operative checkups.
- Successful results: Many patients report achieving 20/20 vision or better after undergoing lasik surgery with Dr. Leach. Patients are happy with the outcomes and experience improved vision without complications.
- Personalized care: Dr. Leach and his staff take the time to know their patients and address any concerns or anxiety they may have about the procedure. Patients feel comfortable and supported throughout the entire process, from pre-op consultations to post-operative care.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article