Best LASIK Surgeon In Pinellas Park, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Pinellas Park LASIK Surgeons in Pinellas Park, Pinellas Park, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Pinellas Park reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Pinellas Park.
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
Patients consistently describe the LasikPlus Tampa staff as knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. They report quick, painless procedures with vision improvement in as little as 24 hours. Patients appreciate the thorough pre-procedure explanations and quality post-operative care. This practice comes highly recommended.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned how the staff at Lasik Plus Tampa were super nice, helpful, and professional. They provided excellent customer service and made patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviews mentioned that the lasik procedure was quick and painless. Patients reported that the surgery was over before they knew it, and they experienced little to no discomfort during the process.
- Excellent results: Numerous reviews highlighted the outstanding results achieved at Lasik Plus. Patients reported improved vision, with some even achieving better than 20/20 vision. Many reviewers expressed their satisfaction with the outcome and noted that their vision was better than ever before.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4301 W Boy Scout Blvd Suite 140, Tampa, FL 33607
The positive reviews for this lasik surgeon praise the improved vision and life-changing experiences of patients. Patients report quick, painless procedures and helpful, friendly staff. Reviewers commend the surgeons for their professionalism, calm manner, and clear explanations during procedures. Patients overwhelmingly recommend this practice and are grateful for the transformative results.
- Life-changing experience: Multiple reviews mention that the lasik surgery was a life-changing experience, with improved vision and the ability to see without prescription lenses.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers mention that the lasik procedure was quick, painless, and resulted in improved vision within a short period. They also highlight the helpful and friendly staff at the lasik surgeon practice.
- Highly recommended: Several reviewers highly recommend the lasik surgeon practice, praising the knowledgeable and professional staff, the attentive and informative doctors, and the overall excellence of the experience.
Updegraff Laser Vision – St. Petersburg
1601 38th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
Patients report extremely positive experiences with the lasik surgery practice, commending the caring and knowledgeable doctors, efficient and friendly staff, and comprehensive exams. Many express gratitude for the life-changing surgical results and professional expertise. However, some mention long wait times, unprofessional staff behavior, insurance difficulties, and post-surgery complications.
- Dr. K is highly knowledgeable and caring, making her an excellent ophthalmologist.
- The supportive staff is well-organized and helpful, ensuring accurate data collection and a smooth testing process.
- The staff is friendly, attentive, and makes patients feel comfortable throughout their experience.
Lasik Specialists LLC
2451 McMullen Booth Rd # 202, Clearwater, FL 33759
Lasik Specialists, under Dr. Burger’s leadership, garnered rave reviews. Patients were awed by their results and the painless procedures. The amiable, knowledgeable staff also won patients’ admiration. Patients found the practice excellent, transformative and budget-friendly compared to alternatives. They enthusiastically endorsed Lasik Specialists.
- Experienced and knowledgeable surgeon: Dr. Burger and his staff are highly praised for their expertise and professionalism. Patients mentioned feeling comfortable and reassured throughout the entire process.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers reported outstanding outcomes with their vision after the procedure. Several mentioned having better than 20/20 vision, which exceeded their expectations. Others mentioned improved vision even within a day after the surgery.
- Affordable pricing: Patients highlighted the affordability of the procedure compared to other options in the market. Several mentioned taking advantage of discounted rates or Groupon offers, without compromising the quality of the treatment.
Tampa Eye Laser Center – Dr. David Leach MD
4303 N Gomez Ave, Tampa, FL 33607
Patients praise Dr. David Leach and his staff at Tampa Eye Laser Center for their exceptional lasik surgery services and patient-centered care. Patients report smooth, comfortable procedures and improved vision, highlighting Dr. Leach’s surgical skill. His knowledgeable, helpful team and the clinic’s welcoming atmosphere also draw positive reviews, indicating an overall positive experience.
- Excellent patient care: Dr. Leach and his staff are consistently praised for their kindness, knowledge, and helpfulness throughout the entire lasik surgery process. Patients feel well-cared for and reassured.
- High success rate: Many reviews mention achieving 20/20 or even better vision after lasik surgery with Dr. Leach. Patients rave about the results and the freedom from wearing glasses or contacts.
- Calm and professional environment: The office is described as clean, beautiful, and welcoming. Patients appreciate the calming atmosphere created by Dr. Leach and his staff, which helps to alleviate anxiety and make the entire experience positive.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.