Best LASIK Surgeon In Palm Harbor, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 100 LASIK Surgeons in Palm Harbor, FL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 8953 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Palm Harbor.
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
Lasik Plus in Tampa has received numerous positive reviews from patients. Many reviewers express their happiness and satisfaction with the results of their procedure, stating that their vision is now 20/20 or even better. The staff is consistently praised for being friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, with reviewers noting that they felt well taken care of throughout the entire process. The fast and painless procedure, as well as the seamless experience from consultation to follow-up, are frequently mentioned as reasons why individuals highly recommend Lasik Plus to others considering the surgery.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at LasikPlus Tampa being super nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate the professionalism and friendliness of the entire team.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers describe the lasik procedure as quick and painless. They appreciate the efficiency and ease of the process, with some reporting 20/20 vision less than 24 hours after the procedure.
- Excellent results: Numerous reviews highlight the excellent results achieved at LasikPlus Tampa. Patients report improved vision, with some achieving better than 20/20 vision. They express satisfaction with the outcome and recommend the practice to others.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4301 W Boy Scout Blvd Suite 140, Tampa, FL 33607
The positive reviews for this lasik surgeon practice highlight the life-changing results, quick and painless procedures, and friendly staff. Many reviewers express gratitude for the improved vision and the ability to see without glasses or contacts. The surgeons, particularly Dr. Ireland and Dr. Fox, are praised for their professionalism and calming demeanor during the surgery. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice for lasik procedures.
- Quick and painless procedure with fast healing: Many reviewers mentioned that the lasik surgery process was quick, painless, and they experienced little to no discomfort during the healing period.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Numerous reviewers praised the staff at the lasik surgeon practice for being friendly, informative, and professional. They felt well taken care of and appreciated the staff's efforts to make them feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Life-changing results: Multiple reviewers expressed their excitement and satisfaction with the outcome of their lasik surgery, stating that they experienced significantly improved vision, often surpassing 20/20 and achieving 20/15 vision. They highlighted that being able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contacts has greatly enhanced their daily lives.
Updegraff Laser Vision - St. Petersburg
1601 38th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
Overall, the positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight the amazing ophthalmologists, caring and knowledgeable staff, thorough exams, friendly and attentive service, and the life-changing results of the surgery. The team is praised for their professionalism, expertise, and ability to make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process. The practice is also commended for being well-organized, thorough, and efficient.
- Highly skilled and caring ophthalmologist (Dr. K).
- Supportive and organized staff.
- Friendly and attentive service.
St. Luke's Cataract & Laser Institute Tarpon Springs
43309 US Hwy 19 N, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
Patients have had positive experiences with the surgeons at the lasik practice, praising their expertise and professionalism. The staff members were described as kind, helpful, and accommodating to patient needs. The surgery has been life-changing for some, resulting in improved vision.
- Accommodating and kind staff - Several reviews mention that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice are kind and professional, making patients feel comfortable and well-taken care of.
- Successful surgeries and improved vision - Multiple reviewers mention that they had successful cataract or lasik surgeries at the practice and are happy with their improved vision, with some achieving 20/20 vision.
- Capable and skilled surgeons - Some reviews specifically highlight the skills and expertise of the surgeons at the practice, praising them for accurately diagnosing and treating eye conditions that other doctors had missed.
Lasik Specialists LLC
2451 McMullen Booth Rd # 202, Clearwater, FL 33759
The positive reviews for Lasik Specialists and Dr. Burger highlight the excellent results and lack of pain experienced during the procedure. Reviewers mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff who answer all their questions. Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the outcome of the surgery and recommend the practice to others.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers mentioned that they had excellent results after getting Lasik at this practice. Some even mentioned achieving better than 20/20 vision.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff at this practice for being friendly, caring, and knowledgeable. They felt comfortable and reassured throughout the process and appreciated how their questions were answered.
- Good value: Several reviewers mentioned that they found this practice to be a great value. They compared the price to other options and felt that they received high-quality care at a more affordable cost. Some mentioned using a Groupon deal and still being highly satisfied with the quality of the service.
Tampa Eye Laser Center - Dr. David Leach MD
4303 N Gomez Ave, Tampa, FL 33607
Dr. Leach and his staff at Tampa Eye Laser Center receive high praise for their expertise, professionalism, and exceptional patient care. Patients appreciate the smooth and painless lasik surgeries, as well as the thorough explanations and reassurance provided throughout the process. Many reviewers highlight the improved vision they have achieved, with some achieving better than 20/20 vision. Overall, Dr. Leach and his team are highly recommended for anyone considering lasik surgery.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced surgeon: Dr. Leach and his staff have been praised for their expertise and knowledge in performing lasik surgery. Patients have reported successful outcomes and improved vision, with some achieving 20/15 vision.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviewers have mentioned the kindness and helpfulness of the staff at Tampa Eye Laser Center. From the initial consultation to post-operative care, patients felt well taken care of and comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Excellent communication and patient care: Dr. Leach and his team have been commended for their ability to address patient concerns, explain procedures thoroughly, and provide reassurance, resulting in a positive overall experience. Patients have reported feeling well-informed and supported throughout their journey with Tampa Eye Laser Center.
Behler Eye And Laser Center
2346 Drew St, Clearwater, FL 33765
Positive reviews for Dr. Behler and his staff at Behler Eye highlight their friendliness, professionalism, and attentiveness. Patients also appreciate the thoroughness of Dr. Behler's procedures and the successful outcomes of surgeries like refractive lens replacement, cataract surgery, and Lasik. The accommodating nature of the staff, clean facility, and use of innovative equipment contribute to the overall positive experiences at Behler Eye.
- Experienced and skilled surgeon: Dr. Behler is experienced and did a wonderful job with refractive lens replacement and cataract surgery with vision improvement lenses.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The staff at Behler Eye is friendly, professional, and welcoming, creating a comfortable environment for patients.
- Good results and improved vision: Multiple reviewers reported positive outcomes, including 20/20 vision after lasik surgery and successful cataract surgery with improved vision.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article