Best LASIK Surgeon In Ormond Beach, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Ormond Beach LASIK Surgeons in Ormond Beach, Ormond Beach, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Ormond Beach reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Ormond Beach.
155 Cranes Roost Blvd # 1060, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Patients consistently report outstanding outcomes from the lasik surgeon practice. Many achieve better than 20/20 vision within days. Patients describe the staff as friendly, informative and supportive throughout the process. The procedure is quick, painless and transformative. Patients strongly recommend this practice for its professionalism, efficiency and life-changing results.
- Efficient and Quick Procedure: Many reviewers mentioned that the lasik procedure at this practice was quick and easy. Some woke up the next day with improved vision, and others achieved 20/20 or even better vision within a few days.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They felt well-taken care of throughout the entire process, from the pre-op consultation to the post-op appointments. The staff was also described as informative, answering questions and addressing concerns.
- Successful Results: Numerous reviewers expressed satisfaction with the outcome of their lasik surgery. Many achieved 20/20 or better vision, and some mentioned improved vision without the need for glasses or contacts. Several reviewers described their experience as life-changing and highly recommended the practice to others.
- Note: While most reviews were positive, there were a few negative comments related to pressure for reviews and difficulty reaching the office by phone.
The LASIK Vision Institute
1800 Pembrook Dr Suite 120, Orlando, FL 32810
Patients consistently report excellent experiences with this lasik surgeon. Their vision commonly improves to 20/20 or better right after the procedure. Patients appreciate the friendly, knowledgeable staff who thoroughly address questions and provide detailed post-op instructions. Patients describe the staff as professional, the procedure as quick and painless, and the visual results as life-changing.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and accommodating staff, highlighting their positive experiences with the team.
- Excellent vision results: Multiple reviewers expressed their satisfaction with their improved vision, with many achieving 20/20 or better results.
- Knowledgeable and thorough care: Reviewers appreciated the surgeon's ability to answer their questions and guide them through the entire process, from the initial consultation to post-operative care.
Magruder Laser Vision
120 E Par St # 2000, Orlando, FL 32804
Patients report the lasik procedures are quick and easy, with most experiencing improved vision immediately. Reviews frequently describe the knowledgeable and attentive surgeons and staff as professional and friendly. Many patients say the procedures changed their lives and highly recommend this practice for vision correction.
- Quick and easy procedure: Many reviews mentioned that the laser vision correction procedures were fast and easy, with some patients seeing immediate improvement in their vision.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews praised the staff at the lasik surgeon practice, noting their professionalism and friendliness. They mentioned that the staff members were knowledgeable, answered questions, and made them feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Positive results and improved vision: Several reviews expressed satisfaction with the outcomes of their surgeries. Patients reported improved vision, including achieving 20/20 or better vision, and being able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contact lenses.
Lasik Pro, P.A.
105 Bonnie Loch Ct, Orlando, FL 32806
Patients report outstanding experiences with Lasik Pro Eye Consultants, led by Dr. Brian Den Beste and Dr. Kyle Den Beste. They describe a caring, attentive staff, from pre-op to transport. The doctors calmly explain LASIK and post-op care in detail. Skilled surgical staff and excellent overall service lead patients to recommend Lasik Pro Eye for surgical vision correction.
- Compassionate and attentive staff: The lasik surgeon practice is praised for their compassionate and kind staff who go out of their way to ease patients' minds and provide excellent care throughout the surgical procedure and follow-up visits.
- Excellent results: Many patients report experiencing significant improvement in vision and color perception after undergoing surgery at the practice. They are able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contacts and have minimal discomfort during the recovery process.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at the practice are highly skilled and have a thorough understanding of the procedures they perform. They take the time to explain the process and post-care routines to patients, ensuring that they feel confident and well-informed before undergoing surgery.
Herschel LASIK and Cataract Institute: Kelly Herschel, M.D.
5452 Lake Howell Rd, Winter Park, FL 32792
Patients consistently praise Dr. Herschel’s attentive care and clear communication throughout the lasik process. His accommodating staff receives positive reviews for their understanding and supportive guidance. Many patients credit Dr. Herschel with profoundly improving their vision and enthusiastically recommend him to those considering eye surgery.
- Dr. Herschel takes pre-op and post-op care seriously, ensuring a thorough examination and explanation of the procedure.
- The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and accommodating, making the overall experience great.
- Many patients experienced life-changing results, with better vision than 20/20, thanks to Dr. Herschel and his team.
Magruder Laser Vision
1071 S Sun Dr Suite 1043, Lake Mary, FL 32746
The Lasik surgeon practice is highly recommended for their professional, caring staff and excellent surgical outcomes in a modern, welcoming facility, though a few reviewers cited issues with pre-op communication and costs.
- Highly experienced and professional ophthalmologists who have completed thousands of successful surgeries. They are friendly, caring, and take the time to fully answer any questions.
- State-of-the-art machine learning technology used in the surgery, making the procedure painless and only taking 15 minutes.
- Friendly and welcoming staff at the clean and modern facility, providing a comfortable and relaxing environment. The package also includes a 10-year warranty for FREE minor corrections as needed.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.