Best LASIK Surgeon In Nokomis, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 72 LASIK Surgeons in Nokomis, FL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 8792 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Nokomis.
Center For Sight - Sarasota (SRQ Main)
2601 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239
Overall, the positive reviews of the lasik surgeon practice highlight the professionalism, thoroughness, and great patient care provided by the staff and doctors. Patients appreciate the informative and attentive approach of the doctors, as well as the friendly and knowledgeable staff. The surgical procedures are described as seamless and efficient, resulting in excellent outcomes.
- Professional and thorough staff: Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and thoroughness of the staff, indicating that they are knowledgeable and provide high-quality care.
- Excellent patient care: Several reviews highlight the excellent patient care provided by the surgeons and staff, expressing gratitude for their attentiveness and dedication to ensuring patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Informative and helpful: Many reviews mention that the surgeons take the time to explain diagnoses, treatment options, and procedures in detail, answering questions and ensuring that patients fully understand their care.
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
The LasikPlus practice in Tampa has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients are consistently satisfied with the professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness of the staff. The procedure is described as quick, painless, and life-changing, with many patients achieving 20/20 or better vision the day after surgery. The overall experience is described as seamless, with thorough explanations provided at every step of the process. Highly recommended by numerous patients, LasikPlus is praised for its excellent customer service and exceptional results.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews praise the staff at LasikPlus Tampa for being super nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. Patients feel well taken care of and appreciate the professional and friendly atmosphere.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers mention that the procedure itself is quick and painless. They were pleasantly surprised by how fast and easy the process was, with one patient achieving 20/20 vision less than 24 hours after the surgery.
- Excellent results: Numerous reviews mention achieving excellent vision results after the procedure. Patients report seeing better than ever, with some achieving 20/15 vision. The positive results and improved quality of life contribute to the overall satisfaction with the practice.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4301 W Boy Scout Blvd Suite 140, Tampa, FL 33607
The majority of the positive reviews highlight the incredible results and life-changing experience provided by the lasik surgeon practice. Patients praise the quick and painless procedure, with some even achieving better than 20/20 vision. The staff is highly praised for their friendliness, knowledge, and professionalism. Additionally, many reviewers express regret for not having done the procedure sooner, and they highly recommend the practice to others.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers express their amazement at the improvement in their vision after the procedure. They have experienced clear and crisp vision, sometimes even better than 20/20 or 20/15.
- Quick and painless process: Multiple reviews mention that the procedure was quick, easy, and painless. The surgery itself lasted around 5-10 minutes, and the healing process typically took only a day or a few days.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Patients appreciate the welcoming and friendly nature of the staff at the Lasik Vision Institute. They mention that the staff members were professional, knowledgeable, and took the time to explain the process and answer any questions or concerns.
Center For Sight: Priya Mathews M.D. M.P.H.
2601 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239
Patients had overwhelmingly positive experiences with Dr. Priya Mathews and the staff at the lasik surgeon practice. They praised the thoroughness of the exams and the attentiveness of the staff, as well as Dr. Mathews' knowledge and skill. Many patients also commended the friendly and caring demeanor of both Dr. Mathews and her team. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice for anyone needing lasik surgery or other eye care.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough examination: The lasik surgeon, Dr. Matthews, and her team provide excellent and extensive eye examinations. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the exams and feel confident in receiving the best treatment for their vision problems.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mention the friendly and professional nature of the staff at the lasik surgeon practice. From the front desk to the surgical team, patients feel at ease and well taken care of throughout their experience.
- Successful procedures and improved vision: Numerous reviewers express their satisfaction and gratitude for successful procedures performed by Dr. Matthews. Patients report improved vision and even life-changing results after the surgeries, such as cataract removal and lens replacement.
LasikPlus: Dr. Lewis Groden
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
Overall, the positive reviews for this lasik surgeon practice highlight the friendly and professional staff, the thoroughness of the doctors in answering questions and addressing concerns, and the life-changing results of the surgery. Many reviewers express gratitude for improved vision without glasses or contacts, and recommend the practice to others. They also appreciate the quick and painless procedure, as well as the cleanliness and comfortable environment of the offices.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff at the lasik surgeon practice. Patients felt comfortable and supported throughout the entire process.
- Transparent and knowledgeable: The reviews highlight that the lasik surgeon and their staff were transparent about pricing and were thorough in answering all questions. This led to a sense of trust and confidence in the practice.
- Life-changing results: Many patients express their satisfaction and gratitude for the life-changing results of their lasik surgery. They report improved vision without the need for glasses or contacts, leading to a better quality of life.
Robert Sambursky, MD
6310 Health Park Way #340, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
Patients consistently praise Dr. Sambursky's professionalism, punctuality, and thoroughness. They appreciate his willingness to answer questions and the comfort they feel with him as a surgeon. Many patients mention the efficiency and professionalism of the staff at Coastal Eye Institute, and they express high confidence in Dr. Sambursky's skills and care. Several patients specifically mention the positive outcomes of their cataract and LASIK surgeries, highlighting Dr. Sambursky's meticulousness and the life-changing results.
- Dr. Sambursky's office is always professional and on time, providing a thorough exam.
- Dr. Sambursky is caring, reassuring, and prepared, making patients feel safe and confident in his skills.
- The staff at Coastal Eye Institute is knowledgeable, courteous, and professional, creating a friendly and efficient environment.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article