Best Eye Doctors In Yulee, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Yulee Optometrists in Yulee, Yulee, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Yulee reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Yulee.
Jacksonville Eye Center
2001 College St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
Reviews for this eye care center are largely positive, with patients highlighting attentive doctors and friendly, helpful staff. Some patients experienced long wait times and unprofessional staff. However, most praise the quality eye exams and doctor care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center being super nice and helpful. They provide excellent customer service and show genuine care for their patients.
- Accommodating and personalized care: One review highlights how the doctors took the time to address the patient's concerns and gave them their undivided attention. Another review mentions how they helped the patient find the perfect pair of contacts, catering to their individual needs.
- Highly skilled ophthalmologist: Several reviews praise Dr. Schnipper for his expertise and the successful eye surgeries he performs, such as cataract removal and LASIK.
790 Skymarks Dr #107, Jacksonville, FL 32218
Reviews highlight both positive and negative experiences at the eye care center. Praise is given for friendly staff, thorough exams, and helpful service. Concerns include unprofessionalism, dirty facilities, incorrect prescriptions, and unclear insurance coverage. Overall, many recommend the location and name specific staff who provide excellent care.
- Prompt and convenient service: The eye care center was able to accommodate same-day appointments and even stayed late to ensure proper contact fitting.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. They provided clear explanations, answered questions, and assisted with frame selection.
- Affordable prices and discounts: Many customers mentioned that the eye care center offered great deals and discounts on eye exams, glasses, and contact lenses. Some even received special promotions like half off lenses and free frames for multiple years.
Coastal Vision Center – Fernandina Beach – 14th Street Clinic
6 S 14th St, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
This eye care center receives glowing reviews for its friendly, professional staff and thorough, detailed exams by knowledgeable doctors who take time to explain results. Many reviewers enthusiastically recommend it for comprehensive eye care and eyewear.
- Courteous and friendly staff
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors
- Thorough and detailed eye exams
Dr. Amy Beckham
463688 State Rd 200 Unit #9, Yulee, FL 32097
Dr. Beckham comes highly recommended for her thorough yet efficient eye exams. Patients appreciate her friendly, patient manner. However, some reviews mention issues with front desk staff and lack of communication during exams. In all, patients describe positive experiences with Dr. Beckham’s professional and welcoming approach.
- Dr. Amy Beckham is highly recommended for eye exams and eye care. She is thorough, patient, and has a friendly personality.
- The staff at this eye care center is friendly, welcoming, and helpful. They provide a pleasant and professional experience.
- Dr. Beckham and her staff are efficient and provide quick and easy eye exams. They are also personable and make the experience relaxing.
River City Vision Center
12961 N Main St Ste 203, Jacksonville, FL 32218
This eye care center received mixed reviews. While some customers were pleased with the professional, clean office and comprehensive eye exams, others faced issues with glasses prescriptions and orders, resulting in delays, miscommunications, and multiple return visits to resolve problems.
- Friendly and personable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the staff at the eye care center being friendly, helpful, and providing excellent customer service.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviewers commented on the thoroughness and professionalism of their eye exams. They felt that the doctors took their time and ensured they had top-notch care.
- Quick and efficient service: Some reviewers mentioned that their wait times were minimal and that the staff was quick and efficient in handling their appointments and providing services.
Eye Envy Optical and Sunglasses
1523 Sadler Rd, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Eye Envy provides professional, friendly service and quick, thorough eye exams. Patients commend Dr. Bradley’s expertise and commitment to exceptional care. However, some mention longer waits and ill-fitting glasses due to overbooking and inexperienced staff. In general, Eye Envy is known for skilled, dedicated providers and quality vision care.
- Quick and efficient eye exams, with no feeling of being rushed
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, offering helpful recommendations for frames and providing excellent customer service
- Accommodating and flexible with appointment times, even in cases of unexpected delays or scheduling conflicts
14021 Lunar Drive #1, Jacksonville, FL 32218
Customers speak highly of the friendly and helpful staff, thorough doctor exams, clean facility and large frame selection at this eye care center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, accommodating, and providing excellent customer service.
- Thorough eye exams: Some reviews highlight the optometrists being thorough during the eye exams and taking the time to explain everything to the patients.
- Large selection of frames: One review mentions a wide variety of cute frames to choose from, indicating a diverse selection for customers.
- Clean and safe environment: A review specifically mentions the staff constantly cleaning and practicing safe measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eye Envy Optical and Sunglasses
463867 State Rd 200, Yulee, FL 32097
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and comprehensive eye exams. A few customers report issues with incorrect prescriptions and delayed glasses, but overall the office is recommended for its professional, attentive service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly and knowledgeable, making them feel comfortable during their eye exams and glasses selection process.
- Professional and efficient service: Reviewers described the office as professional and efficient, with thorough explanations of procedures and outcomes. They appreciated the use of technology to ensure a timely and efficient experience.
- Helpful and caring staff: Many reviewers appreciated the caring and attentive nature of the staff. They felt that their needs and concerns were listened to and addressed, and they were given the time and attention they needed during their appointments.
Florida Eye Specialists – Northside
13453 N Main St Unit 306, Jacksonville, FL 32218
This eye care center receives highly positive reviews for the thorough and professional exams performed by Drs. Patel and Lott. Patients describe the staff as friendly, helpful, and attentive. While some note room for improvement in wait times and scheduling, most reviewers strongly recommend this center for its excellent service and skilled ophthalmologists.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye care center, particularly Dr. Patel, conducts thorough eye exams, ensuring comprehensive care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at the eye care center is consistently described as friendly and helpful, creating a welcoming environment for patients.
- Compassionate doctors: Several reviewers highlight the compassion and attentiveness of the doctors, specifically mentioning Dr. Lott, making patients feel listened to and prioritized.
Florida Eye Specialists – Fernandina Beach
1886 S 14th St Suite 5, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
The majority of reviews for this eye care center are positive, highlighting the professional and knowledgeable staff. Patients frequently comment on the comprehensive eye exams and welcoming environment. A few complaints surface about wait times and scheduling at one location. In general, the center’s doctors are highly regarded for expertise and clear communication.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: The reviews consistently mention the professionalism and knowledge of the staff, making it a reliable choice for eye exams and eye care.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere: Patients appreciate the welcoming and cheerful environment, especially for elderly individuals, creating a positive experience during their visit.
- Timely and comprehensive care: The eye care center is praised for providing timely and comprehensive care, addressing concerns and providing detailed explanations to patients about their eye health.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.