Best Eye Doctors In Stuart, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Stuart Optometrists in Stuart, Stuart, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Stuart reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Stuart.
Schmidt’s Optical and Hearing
2341 SE Federal Hwy, Stuart, FL 34994
Schmidt’s Optical receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff providing professional eye exams and helpful frame selection. Customers appreciate the prompt service, great deals, and reasonable prices. A small number of negative reviews cite insurance coverage issues and dissatisfaction with lens quality.
- Friendly and knowledgeable sales associates and professional exams by Dr. Miller and the staff.
- Excellent and kind staff throughout the eye exam and glasses selection process.
- Prompt and efficient service with a wide selection of frames and lenses.
Florida Vision Institute
1050 SE Monterey Rd #104, Stuart, FL 34994
Drs. Hruban, Allen, Goldberg, and Brockman receive favorable reviews for eye exams and surgeries. Florida Vision’s staff draws appreciation for professionalism, friendliness, and responsiveness. However, some reviews cite long wait times, impersonal treatment, and scheduling problems.
- The eye care center has highly knowledgeable and caring doctors who take the time to answer questions and provide thorough eye exams.
- The staff at the center are courteous, friendly, and professional. They make the experience pleasant and relaxing for patients.
Jewell R Chang OD & Osceola Optique
3201 NE Skyline Dr D, Jensen Beach, FL 34957
Dr. Chang provides thorough and informative eye exams, earning her high marks from patients. Her friendly, professional staff help create a welcoming environment. Patients appreciate Dr. Chang’s caring approach, the office’s advanced technology, and wide selection of frames.
- Dr. Chang is thorough, explains things well, and takes the time to listen to patients' questions and concerns.
- The entire staff, including Kim, is friendly, helpful, and professional.
- The office provides a great experience with flexible scheduling, advanced technology, and a wide selection of frames for glasses.
Nehemiah E.Spencer, MD
915 SE Ocean Blvd STE 2, Stuart, FL 34994
Patients speak highly of this eye care center, noting the kind and attentive staff. Dr. Spencer stands out for his expertise and skill with children during exams. The office offers a child-friendly environment including toys to entertain kids while waiting.
- Friendly and patient staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, patient, and accommodating. They take their time with patients, especially children, and make the entire process fun and easy.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctor: The doctor at this eye care center is described as knowledgeable, thorough, and attentive. They take the time to explain findings and recommendations to patients and address any concerns. They also have a great approach with children, making them feel comfortable during the exam.
- Kid-friendly environment: The office is described as kid-friendly, with toys and distractions available to keep children entertained during waiting times. This helps create a positive and comfortable experience for both children and their parents.
Coastal Eye Center
304 SE Hospital Ave, Stuart, FL 34994
The Coastal Eye Center receives consistently positive reviews for their skilled, caring doctors and exceptional, friendly staff. Patients describe thorough exams in a professional, clean office and report confidence-inspiring experiences with surgeries and treatments. Multiple reviewers highly recommend the Coastal Eye Center.
- Highly recommended doctors - Dr. Pare and Dr. Freedland come highly recommended by a retired ophthalmologist, inspiring confidence in their skills.
- Extensive eye exams - The eye exams at Coastal Eye Center are more extensive than other ophthalmology offices, ensuring thorough care.
- Friendly and professional staff - The staff at Coastal Eye Center is exceptional, being professional, skilled, patient, and kind.
Fier Eye Care & Surgery Center
1441 SE Ocean Blvd, Stuart, FL 34996
Fier Eye Care & Surgery Center receives mainly positive feedback for short wait times, professional and friendly staff, and thorough, detailed eye exams. Patients praise Dr. Seith’s expertise in successful cataract surgeries. A few patients found the front office staff rude, but most recommend Fier for quality care.
- Short wait times: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their wait times at Fier Eye Care & Surgery Center were minimal, with one reviewer specifically stating that their wait was no more than 5 minutes.
- Professional and friendly staff: Reviewers consistently praised the personnel at Fier Eye Care for their professionalism and friendly demeanor. They described feeling comfortable and well-treated during their visits.
- Successful eye surgeries: Several reviewers specifically mentioned having cataract surgery performed by Dr. Seith at Fier Eye Care and expressed satisfaction with the results. They described the procedure as pain-free, efficient, and resulting in improved vision.
The Eye Man Optical
2201 SE Indian St # I82, Stuart, FL 34994
The Eye Man is lauded for attentive customer service and quality eyewear. Customers commend the staff’s professional assistance with frame selection and fit. Many also laud the lenses for optimal vision clarity and comfort. This exceptional service and eyewear makes The Eye Man a top choice.
- Excellent customer service and attentive staff
- Wide selection of frames and high-quality lenses
- Quick turnaround time for glasses and repairs
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
2610 SE Federal Hwy, Stuart, FL 34994
Customers speak highly of the eye doctors at America’s Best in Stuart for their extensive knowledge and skill, with one customer declaring it the best eye exam they’ve received. The staff, Melanie and Guissella in particular, earn acclaim for their accommodating and congenial assistance choosing eyewear. Patients also compliment the doctors’ considerate and patient manner, notably when administering exams to children.
- Knowledgeable and attentive staff: The eye doctors at this location are described as amazing, knowledgeable, and willing to go above and beyond to help with special eye problems. They also take the time to listen to patients' concerns and provide comprehensive exams.
- Great customer service: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful staff, who assist with picking out frames, answer questions, and provide great customer service. They are described as professional, courteous, patient, and accommodating.
- Wide selection of frames: There is a large variety of frames to choose from, according to one reviewer. This allows for more options when selecting glasses.
- Note: These pros are based on the majority of positive reviews and may not reflect every individual’s experience.
Palm City Eye Care
2660 SW Immanuel Dr, Palm City, FL 34990
Palm City Eye Care receives mostly positive reviews for Dr. Davis’ attentive eye exams and friendly staff, though one patient did have an unsatisfactory encounter with a confrontational front desk employee. Patients appreciate the office’s organization and efficiency.
- Exemplary service and great staff: Customers mentioned that the staff at Palm City Eye Care is knowledgeable, accommodating, and patient. They appreciate the assistance in choosing the right glasses and the thorough explanations provided during their visit.
- Dr. Davis' expertise and care: Customers appreciate Dr. Davis for his professionalism, knowledge, and ability to address their concerns. They mentioned that he takes the time to understand their vision issues and provides accurate prescriptions. Customers also mention that he is patient and caring in dealing with their unique situations.
Ronald Frenkel M.D.
509 SE Riverside Dr STE 302, Stuart, FL 34994
Dr. Frenkel’s ophthalmology practice is highly regarded for his skilled diagnosis and treatment of vision conditions. Patients report noticeable improvements in their sight after receiving care for issues like glaucoma and cataracts. His knowledgeable support staff and streamlined office operations also draw praise.
- Dr. Frenkel is highly skilled and experienced in performing cataract surgery, with many patients reporting improved vision and successful outcomes.
- The staff at Dr. Frenkel's office is described as friendly, professional, and supportive, providing excellent care and addressing any concerns or problems promptly.
- Patients appreciate Dr. Frenkel's thoroughness in diagnosis and treatment, his caring and compassionate approach, and his ability to stay current with advancements in his field.
Dr. Brad J. Waronicki, O.D.,P.A
2626 SE Willoughby Blvd, Stuart, FL 34994
Patients report exceptional service from Dr. Waronicki and his knowledgeable staff. Appointments start on time and staff take time to explain procedures and recommend frames personalized to patients’ needs. Overall, Dr. Waronicki comes highly recommended for quality vision care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, pleasant, and skilled in their work.
- Clear and thorough explanations: Dr. Waronicki takes the time to explain procedures, diagnoses, and changes in vision to his patients, which is appreciated by the reviewers.
- Efficient and quick service: The eye care center provides quick and timely service, with most reviewers mentioning that they are seen right at their appointment time.
Michael F. Carelli, OD
2090 SE Ocean Blvd, Stuart, FL 34996
Patients consistently commend Dr. Carelli’s kind bedside manner and high-quality care. A longtime patient’s mother appreciates the doctor’s excellent service over the years. Reviewer Elyse Mues thanks Dr. Carelli for going the extra mile during her visit.
- Highly skilled and experienced doctor: Multiple reviews highlight the excellent and kind nature of the doctor at this eye care center, indicating that he has been treating patients for several years. This implies a level of expertise and experience that can be trusted for eye care and eye exams.
- Outstanding service and dedication: One reviewer specifically mentions that Dr. Carelli went above and beyond, suggesting that the center provides exceptional service and personalized care to its patients. This dedication can be particularly important when it comes to eye exams and overall eye care needs.
- Note: Based on the given reviews, there is only one specific mention of Dr. Carelli, so it is difficult to provide additional pros. However, these two pros still convey positive aspects of the eye care center.
Dr. Ryan O’meilia
2090 SE Ocean Blvd, Stuart, FL 34996
The eye care center’s ophthalmologists received acclaim for expertise in cataract surgery and attentive consultations that alleviate patient anxiety.
- Highly skilled and successful cataract surgery: Many reviewers praise Dr Omelia for performing flawless cataract surgeries, indicating a high level of expertise in this area of eye care.
- Knowledgeable and reassuring: The doctor at this eye care center is praised for being knowledgeable and having a great bedside manner. Reviewers mention that he was able to calm anxious patients and provide reassurance during their visits.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.