Best Eye Doctors In Sarasota, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Sarasota Optometrists in Sarasota, Sarasota, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Sarasota reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Sarasota.
Center For Sight – Sarasota (SRQ Main)
2601 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its professional, knowledgeable doctors and caring staff. Patients report satisfaction with comprehensive eye exams using advanced technology. Cataract surgeries successfully restore vision. Patients recommend this center for its excellent patient care and surgical outcomes.
- Professional and caring staff: Several reviews mention the professionalism and caring nature of the staff, indicating that they provide a good level of care during eye exams and procedures.
- Advanced technology: The eye care center is praised for having the latest equipment and diagnostic machines for eye exams. This includes the option to have photos taken of the eyes instead of undergoing dilation, which is seen as a positive aspect by some reviewers.
- Competent doctors: There are positive mentions of specific doctors who are praised for their expertise, bedside manner, and ability to explain procedures and treatment options.
Gulfcoast Eye Center
2940 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239
Most reviewers of Gulfcoast Eye Center commend the friendly, professional staff, comprehensive eye exams, and modern, immaculate facilities. However, one critic alleges dishonest practices, Medicare fraud, improper care, and inaccurate exam results. On balance, satisfied customers outnumber critics, indicating Gulfcoast Eye Center is a viable option for quality eye care.
- Same-day appointments: Customers have praised the eye care center for offering same-day appointments, allowing for convenient and timely access to eye exams and services.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews highlight the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at Gulfcoast Eye Center, creating a welcoming and positive environment for patients.
- Modern facility and equipment: The facility is described as clean, modern, and well-equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring high-quality eye exams and diagnostic testing for patients.
The Eye Associates – Sarasota
2111 Bee Ridge Rd, Sarasota, FL 34239
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly, professional staff, caring doctors, and comprehensive eye exams. However, some reviewers cite issues contacting the call center and frustration with scheduling disorganization. While they offer quality eye care, improvements in communication and scheduling would further enhance the patient experience.
- Friendly and Compassionate Staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and compassionate nature of the staff at this eye care center. Patients appreciate the kindness, attentiveness, and thoroughness of the staff during their eye exams and procedures.
- Knowledgeable and Caring Doctors: Patients have positive experiences with the doctors at this eye care center, specifically mentioning Dr. Friedman, Dr. O'Neill, and Dr. Han. They praise their expertise, care, and willingness to take the time to answer questions and explain the condition of their eyes.
- Professional and Well-Run Office: The office is described as clean, comfortable, and well-run. Patients appreciate the professionalism and efficiency of the staff, making their overall experience pleasant and positive.
Moon & Co Eyewear
105 S Lemon Ave, Sarasota, FL 34236
Customers consistently commend Fatima at Moon & Co Eyewear for her seamless service and adept frame selection, tailored to complement individual styles. Her expertise and the personalized experience make Moon & Co a go-to for quality eyeglasses and sunglasses.
- Wide selection of stylish and designer eyewear: Customers appreciate the great selection of designer and luxury eyewear brands available at Moon & Co. Eyewear, offering a range of styles for both men and women.
- Excellent customer service and personalized assistance: Fatima, the owner, is highly praised for her friendly and professional customer service. She takes the time to listen to customers' needs, provide expert advice, and help them find the perfect frames that complement their features and style.
- Comprehensive eye care services: Moon & Co. Eyewear offers not only a range of fashionable eyewear, but also eye exams and repairs. Customers appreciate the convenience of having all their eye care needs met in one place.
Center For Sight – Dr. Soto
2650 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239
Dr. Soto is lauded for his meticulous and enlightening eye exams at the eye care center. Patients report an attentive and compassionate staff, with a conveniently located office. However, some cite concerns over billing, prescriptions and customer service on the optical side. Despite this, Dr. Soto’s skill and professionalism earn him high marks from most.
- Dr. Soto provides thorough and detailed eye exams, ensuring that patients learn and understand a lot during the process.
- The staff at Dr. Soto's eye care center is caring, attentive, and professional, providing excellent customer service.
- Dr. Soto has a consistent track record of providing thorough eye examinations and wellness care, with a 'no frills' and 'just the facts' demeanor, which some patients appreciate.
Pooja Khator, MD
111 S Pineapple Ave Suite 301, Sarasota, FL 34236
Dr. Khator’s patients commend her expertise, clear communication, and attentive care. The eye center’s knowledgeable, friendly staff provide an efficient, welcoming experience. Patients strongly recommend Dr. Khator and her team for their exceptional eye care.
- Dr. Khator is highly skilled, caring, and professional, providing excellent care and treatment for various eye conditions, including glaucoma and cataracts.
- The staff at the eye care center is friendly, efficient, and professional, ensuring a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- The office is well-managed and runs efficiently, with minimal wait times for appointments and thorough, detailed examinations.
1286 N Palm Ave, Sarasota, FL 34236
Customers strongly recommend Dr. Doyle at Spectacle Gallery for her comprehensive eye exams, clear explanations, and patience. They also appreciate the wide selection of eyewear. However, one dissatisfied customer reported inaccurate exams and poorly fitted glasses, resulting in wasted money. In general, most customers report positive experiences with Dr. Doyle’s expertise and Spectacle Gallery’s offerings.
- Dr. Doyle provides incredibly thorough and informative eye exams, ensuring customers have peace of mind about the health status of their eyes.
- The staff at Spectacle Gallery is friendly, knowledgeable, and consultative, providing excellent customer service and helping customers find the right frames and lenses for their needs.
- The selection of eyewear at Spectacle Gallery is extensive and diverse, offering top-quality sunglasses and a variety of frame types and designers to choose from.
SK Retina Sarasota
1700 S Tuttle Ave, Sarasota, FL 34239
Dr. Stelton is highly regarded for his exceptional skills and compassion. His exams are thorough, and the facility is clean with the latest tech. The staff is polite, caring and professional. One reviewer felt there was a lack of courtesy, but most praise Dr. Stelton for the excellent care and making them feel valued.
- Exceptional doctor: Dr. Stelton is highly skilled, friendly, and knowledgeable, putting patients at ease during eye exams and providing thorough examinations.
- Caring and compassionate staff: The office staff is described as friendly, professional, accommodating, and caring, making patients feel valued and important.
- State-of-the-art facility: The facility is equipped with the latest diagnostic technology, ensuring a comprehensive and accurate evaluation of patients' eye conditions.
Center for Sight: Casey Maloney, O.D.
2601 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239
The Center for Sight is highly recommended for eye exams, with patients mentioning the professional service and thorough exams. Dr. Maloney stands out for his expertise, professionalism, and attentiveness. While waits can be longer, patients overwhelmingly praise the staff for a positive experience and quality care.
- Prompt and professional care: Multiple reviews praise the Center for Sight for providing prompt and professional care during eye exams. Patients felt well taken care of and appreciated the efficiency and thoroughness of the exams.
- Dr. Maloney's expertise: Dr. Maloney is highly recommended by patients for his knowledge, thoroughness, and ability to answer questions. He takes the time to give a thorough eye exam and explain different options, providing a confident and informative experience for patients.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at the Center for Sight, including Dr. Maloney's assistants, are described as kind, personable, and professional. Patients appreciated their assistance and found them to be knowledgeable and supportive throughout the appointment process.
Dr Susan M Sloan
500 S Orange Ave, Sarasota, FL 34236
Dr. Sloan’s office is highly recommended for professional, thorough, attentive eye care. Patients appreciate the expertise, state-of-the-art facility, affordable rates, and exceptional customer service. Dr. Kerris is also praised. One negative review seemed unfounded.
- Professional, caring, and timely service
- Thorough examinations that provide reassurance about the health of the eyes
- Expertise in handling complicated conditions like astigmatism and ability to modify prescriptions accurately
- Excellent customer service and attention to detail, even for non-official patients
- Ability to handle eye emergencies and provide immediate care
- Attentive and knowledgeable doctors who take the time to explain and answer questions
- State-of-the-art facility and advanced technology for comprehensive eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff, including front desk and frame selection assistance
- Overall exceptional service and a warm, kind manner that instills confidence in the patient
- Appreciated for accommodating patients from out of town and going above and beyond to assist them
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.