Best Eye Doctors In Plant City, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Plant City Optometrists in Plant City, Plant City, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Plant City reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Plant City.
3408 Florida Ave S, Lakeland, FL 33803
Most reviews praise the professional and friendly staff, attentive service, and informative doctors. However, a couple express frustration with poor customer service and upfront payment policies.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they were able to make same-day appointments and didn't have to wait long past their scheduled appointment times. This indicates that the eye care center prioritizes prompt and efficient service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the staff, including the optometrists and other employees, for their professionalism, friendliness, and expertise. This suggests that the eye care center has a team that is attentive, caring, and able to provide helpful information and support throughout the eye care process.
- Advanced technology: One reviewer mentioned being impressed with the advanced technology used during their eye exam. This indicates that the eye care center invests in state-of-the-art equipment, which can contribute to accurate and comprehensive eye care services.
Southern Eye Care Associates
3307 Lithia Pinecrest Rd, Valrico, FL 33596
Southern Eye Care Associates is acclaimed for their friendly staff, efficiency, knowledgeable doctors, cleanliness, and COVID-19 precautions. While one review cited issues with prescriptions and communication, most recommend the center for exams and eyewear.
- Friendly and efficient staff: The staff at Southern Eye Care Associates is described as friendly and helpful, providing a positive experience for patients.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams are thorough and comprehensive, ensuring that all aspects of eye health are addressed.
- Wide selection of frames: The office is well-stocked with a variety of frames and sunglasses, giving patients plenty of options to choose from when selecting new glasses.
Florida Eye Specialists & Cataract Institute – Plant City
2002 S Alexander St, Plant City, FL 33563
Patients overwhelmingly praise this eye care center for the attentive and thorough exams by the doctors. They find the staff friendly, professional, and accommodating. A minor negative comment about one front desk staff member did not detract from the overwhelmingly positive reviews.
- In-depth and thorough eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that they had the most in-depth and thorough eye exams at this eye care center. The doctors take the time to explain the tests and results, ensuring that patients understand their eye health and any conditions they may have.
- Knowledgeable and attentive doctors: Reviewers consistently praised the doctors at this eye care center for their knowledge and attentiveness. They feel listened to and valued as patients, with the doctors taking the time to answer questions and address concerns.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as friendly, polite, and professional. From the receptionist to the technicians, reviewers appreciated the positive attitude and helpfulness of the staff members. They felt welcomed and well taken care of during their visits.
924 Florida Ave S, Lakeland, FL 33803
Dr. Hubbell provides thorough eye exams and is praised as an amazing optometrist at this eye care center. The friendly, professional staff helps patients select frames and delivers excellent care. Patients describe the experience as fast, efficient and enjoyable.
- Dr. Hubbell is highly regarded as an excellent optometrist, providing thorough and comprehensive eye exams.
- The office has a friendly and welcoming staff, who are knowledgeable about eye care and willing to help patients choose the right glasses.
- The clinic is clean, efficient, and provides fast service, ensuring a smooth and convenient experience for patients.
King’s Way Eye Clinic & Optical
107 Kingsway Rd, Brandon, FL 33510
Patients spoke highly of Dr. Walter’s attentive eye exams and ability to determine the optimal prescription while addressing each person’s needs. Additionally, they found the staff to be both friendly and helpful.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that Dr. Walter and his team provide thorough and comprehensive eye exams, ensuring accuracy in prescriptions and taking the time to understand individual needs.
- Friendly staff: Many reviewers appreciated the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center, finding them attentive and professional throughout their visits.
- State-of-the-art equipment: Some reviewers were impressed by the state-of-the-art equipment used at the eye care center, which contributed to the overall quality of the exam and the level of care provided.
Dr Alex Cayon Associates
1371 Town Center Dr, Lakeland, FL 33803
Dr. Cayon provides thorough, professional, and personable eye care. His explanations during exams are appreciated. The friendly, knowledgeable staff earn praise, though some critique long waits and repetitive check-in. Overall, patients feel satisfied from years of loyalty.
- Dr. Cayon is highly professional, thorough, and informative during eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, attentive, and efficient in providing eye care services.
- The eye exams are described as the most thorough and best experiences that patients have had, with a focus on personalized attention and care.
Dr. Alex Cayon
1371 Town Center Dr, Lakeland, FL 33803
Customers recommend this eye care center for their attentive service, knowledgeable doctors, and comprehensive eye exams. They appreciate the friendly staff, clean office, and time doctors take to address questions and concerns. Overall, customers feel cared for, educated on eye health, and confident in the care received.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center are friendly and welcoming, providing exceptional service from the moment you walk in. They are knowledgeable and efficient, ensuring a great experience for their patients.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: The eye exams performed at this center are thorough and informative. The doctors take the time to answer all questions, address concerns, and explain each step of the exam process. Patients feel well-informed and confident in their care.
3730 US Hwy 98 N, Lakeland, FL 33809
Customers reported positive experiences with this eye care center’s helpful, knowledgeable staff. Multiple reviewers praised specific employees like Stacy and Brennan for exceptional service in frames and lenses. The atmosphere was described as clean and bright. However, one reviewer had a negative impression of a doctor’s behavior toward the receptionist.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were knowledgeable, helpful, and respectful. They made customers feel comfortable and took the time to explain options and assist with picking out glasses.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Customers praised the eye exams at this location, stating that they were thorough and informative. The digital eye exam was particularly appreciated by some reviewers.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviews praised individual employees for providing exceptional customer service. Customers mentioned specific employees by name and highlighted their friendly and personal interactions.
Eyes on Lakeland
1400 Florida Ave S, Lakeland, FL 33803
Eyes On Lakeland provides a thorough, personalized eye exam experience with friendly staff. Knowledgeable doctors take time to explain and offer treatment options. The clean, upscale office has frame selections for all budgets. Customers recommend them for exams and eyewear.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the eye care center has friendly and welcoming staff who take the time to listen, answer questions, and provide thorough explanations. This personal and attentive approach creates a positive experience for patients.
- Clean and upscale office: Many reviewers highlight the cleanliness and upscale feel of the office space. This contributes to a comfortable and professional environment, making patients feel at ease during their eye exams.
- Wide selection of frames: Multiple reviewers mention that there is a wide selection of frames available at different price ranges. This allows patients to find the perfect pair of glasses that suits their style and budget.
1371 Town Center Dr, Lakeland, FL 33803
Customers highlight the expertise and caring service of the eye doctors. They appreciate the thorough, efficient exams and feeling well cared for. Many also compliment the clean, modern facilities, contributing to an overall positive experience.
- The staff at this eye care center is incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. They provided me with a thorough and detailed eye exam, and took the time to explain everything to me. I felt comfortable and well-informed throughout the entire process."
- The eye care center is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and equipment. Their advanced diagnostic tools allowed for precise and accurate measurements, resulting in an accurate prescription and optimal eye care recommendations."
- I was impressed with the efficiency of this eye care center. Despite being a busy place, the staff managed to maintain a smooth flow, minimizing wait times and keeping appointments on schedule. I appreciate their attention to punctuality and respect for patients' time."
407 N Plant Ave, Plant City, FL 33563
Patients praise the friendly staff and thorough eye exams at this eye care center. Doctors take time to explain procedures and answer questions. However, one patient reported incorrect prescriptions resulting in migraines.
- Accommodating for limited mobility: The eye care center has a room that caters to individuals in wheelchairs, allowing them to receive a thorough eye exam without any issues.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff, including Dr. Holliday, are friendly, patient, and take the time to answer questions and explain the exam process.
- Timely and efficient service: Several reviewers mention short wait times and a quick, yet thorough, eye exam experience, making it a convenient option for those seeking eye care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.