Best Eye Doctors In Pinellas Park, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Pinellas Park Optometrists in Pinellas Park, Pinellas Park, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Pinellas Park reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Pinellas Park.
Updegraff Laser Vision – St. Petersburg
1601 38th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
Updegraff Laser Vision receives largely positive reviews for thorough eye exams and professional staff. A minority cite long waits, unprofessionalism, and appointment issues. Patients report high satisfaction with Dr. Updegraff’s Lasik surgery and overall care.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviews mention that the eye exams at Updegraff Laser Vision were the most thorough they have ever received, with the doctors noting minute eye problems and offering solutions to each one.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praise the staff at Updegraff Laser Vision for their professionalism, expertise, and helpfulness. They mention that the doctors and employees were highly trained, knowledgeable, and provided an excellent experience from start to finish.
- Cutting-edge technology and facilities: Some reviews highlight the use of cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art facilities at Updegraff Laser Vision. They mention being impressed by the equipment used and the comfortable ambiance of the facility.
Bay Vision Optometry
6951 22nd Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710
Bay Vision Optometry provides professional and friendly service. Dr. Patel comes highly recommended for thorough and informative eye exams. Helpful staff assist in selecting frames and lenses. Customers consistently have an efficient and comfortable experience at this clinic.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this location were thorough, informative, and conducted by knowledgeable doctors.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center were consistently described as friendly, patient, and accommodating. They were praised for answering questions, providing guidance on frame selection, and making the overall experience enjoyable.
- Efficient and quick service: Many reviewers mentioned that they experienced minimal wait time and were able to have their eye exams and order new glasses in a timely manner.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
4010 Park Blvd, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
The eye care center received largely favorable feedback regarding the expertise and amiability of the optometrists. Numerous patrons remarked on the cleanliness and modern equipment at the exam locations. In summary, this eye care provider appears to be a sound option for those seeking eye doctors and exam facilities.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for its staff's friendly and helpful attitude. They emphasized that the staff members were knowledgeable, took the time to explain procedures, and answered any questions they had, making the overall experience comfortable and reassuring.
- State-of-the-art technology: Numerous reviews mentioned that the eye care center used cutting-edge technology and equipment. Patients appreciated the level of precision and accuracy in their eye exams, making them confident in the diagnoses given and the recommended treatment plans.
- Convenient and prompt service: Several reviewers highlighted the eye care center's efficiency and ability to provide timely appointments. They appreciated the convenience of being able to schedule visits easily and having minimal waiting times when they arrived for their appointments.
2143 Tyrone Blvd N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough, patient eye doctors who provide a good exam experience. However, a few reviews mention unprofessional staff behavior and prescription issues that should be considered when choosing an eye care provider.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being super nice, professional, and friendly. They are described as helpful, knowledgeable about insurance, and willing to educate and answer questions.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews mention being in and out fairly quickly, even with an eye exam. The staff is described as quick and efficient, with some mentioning the ability to schedule last-minute appointments.
- Exceptional customer service: There are multiple instances of reviews praising specific staff members for their exceptional customer service skills. From going above and beyond to help customers pick out frames to repairing glasses on the spot, these staff members receive high praise.
- Note: Keep in mind that these pros are based on the provided reviews and may not encompass the entire experience at this eye care center. It is always recommended to research further and read additional reviews to make an informed decision.
Gulfcoast Eye Care – Pinellas Park
6036 Park Blvd, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
Gulfcoast Eye Care provides quality eye care with friendly staff, prompt appointments, and a comfortable environment. Drs. Manning and Luther are attentive during thorough exams, recommending helpful solutions. The Pinellas Park clinic offers excellent eye care.
- Convenient location: The eye care center is located in a convenient and easily accessible area, making it convenient for patients to visit.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The office staff and doctors are described as friendly, welcoming, and professional. Patients feel comfortable asking questions and have a positive experience interacting with the staff.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: The eye exams are described as thorough and efficient. The doctors take the time to explain the exam process and address any concerns. Patients feel confident in the care they receive.
Eye Associates of Pinellas at Opti-mart
4359 35th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33714
This eye care center provides a positive experience for most customers. The friendly and professional staff adheres to COVID-19 safety guidelines. Thorough eye doctors conduct high quality eye exams. Customers appreciate help selecting eyeglass frames. However, one customer cited issues with delayed and incorrect glasses orders.
- Large selection of frames for glasses.
- Short wait times for appointments.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide thorough eye exams and listen to customer concerns.
Eye Associates of Pinellas – A Sight360 Company
9375 66th St N, Pinellas Park, FL 33782
The eye doctors receive consistently high marks for their thorough exams and professional manner. Patients describe the staff as friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. One negative review cited billing problems, which the center should address.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye examinations conducted by Dr. Victoria Haines
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, providing excellent customer service
- Professional and experienced physicians and surgeons for specialized eye care needs, such as retina and glaucoma issues
Eye Designs Vision in St Petersburg
2875 Tyrone Blvd N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710
This eye care center receives glowing reviews for the friendly and patient staff, thorough eye exams where doctors listen to patients’ needs, a great selection of glasses at various price points, and an overall professional yet personalized level of service.
- Friendly and patient doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center are kind, patient, and take the time to listen to their patients' concerns and preferences during eye exams. Patients feel comfortable and valued during their visits.
- Thorough and professional exams: Reviewers highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams at this center, describing them as extensive, modern, and utilizing clean and up-to-date equipment. The doctors and staff are knowledgeable, efficient, and provide detailed explanations of the exam findings.
- Excellent selection of eyewear: The eye care center offers a wide variety of frames, including designer options, with different price points to accommodate varying budgets. The staff is helpful in assisting with frame selection and providing honest feedback.
Mason Eye Clinic- Dr. John H. Mason P.A.
5712 5th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710
Mason Eye Clinic is highly recommended for their expert eye doctors, kid-friendly staff, thorough exams using advanced equipment, and clear communication. While most reviews are positive, one patient did have issues with incorrect glasses and weak bifocals.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at Mason Eye Clinic is incredibly friendly, accommodating, and great with both children and adults. This creates a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and comprehensive exams: Several reviewers praised the clinic for their use of state-of-the-art equipment, which allows for a more comprehensive and thorough eye exam experience. The optometrists are also described as knowledgeable, patient, and willing to take the time to answer all questions and explain procedures clearly.
- Efficient and high-tech: In addition to being thorough, the clinic is also praised for being efficient and utilizing high-tech equipment. The exams are described as quick and the clinic is equipped with up-to-date medical devices, ensuring a modern and efficient eye care experience.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.