Best Eye Doctors In Palatka, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Palatka Optometrists in Palatka, Palatka, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Palatka reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Palatka.
Atlantic Eye Institute: St. Johns
105 Nature Walk Pkwy Suite 105, St. Augustine, FL 32092
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their professional, friendly doctors and staff. Patients comment on the thorough exams and clear explanations of diagnoses and treatments. The clinic offers a range of services from routine exams to LASIK surgery. However, one patient complained of poor customer service and long waits for prescription approvals.
- Professional and friendly doctors and staff
- Thorough eye exams with diagnostic tests
- One-stop shop for all eye care needs, including glasses and surgeries
Anastasia Eye Associates
2225 A1A S Suite C2, St. Augustine, FL 32080
Anastasia Eye Associates is highly recommended for thorough eye exams, expert consultations, and excellent customer service. Dr. Greene and optician Matt Lee explain eye changes and help select well-fitted frames. Quick service and a robust optical selection are noted assets. A sole concern emerged regarding cataract costs.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviewers praised Dr. Greene for providing the most thorough eye exams they have ever had. He takes the time to explain any changes in the eyes and makes patients feel comfortable.
- Well-stocked optical department: The optical department, managed by Matt Lee, is highly praised for having a wide selection of frames and lenses to suit any budget or style preference. Customers have consistently had positive experiences with Matt's expertise in putting together great pairs of glasses.
- Excellent customer service and quick turnaround time: Reviewers appreciated the helpful and friendly staff at Anastasia Eye Associates. They mentioned that the staff goes above and beyond to make sure customers are satisfied, from assisting with frame selection to ensuring a perfect fit. Additionally, the efficient service allows for quick delivery of glasses.
Eye Center of St. Augustine
1400 US-1, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Some reviews mentioned dissatisfaction with cataract surgery results and billing for follow-up care. Others described problematic scheduling, pricing surprises, and ownership changes causing poor communication. However, many praised the professionalism, thoroughness, and compassion of specific doctors and staff regarding eye care.
- Experienced and knowledgeable doctors: Many reviewers mentioned positive experiences with specific doctors at the eye center, praising them for their expertise and thoroughness during eye exams and surgeries.
- Efficient and professional staff: Several reviewers commended the staff for their professionalism and efficiency, noting that appointments were timely, processes were quick and painless, and the receptionists were pleasant and helpful.
- Well-equipped facility: A few reviewers mentioned that the eye center had sophisticated equipment and a surgical suite comparable to a hospital, giving them confidence in the quality of care provided.
SightHealth Primary Eyecare
140 Gateway Cir UNIT 5, St Johns, FL 32259
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for its welcoming staff, thorough exams, and family-friendly atmosphere. Patients describe the knowledgeable, helpful staff as creating a pleasant and efficient exam experience for adults and kids alike.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, patient, and professional, creating a positive and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the efficiency of the process, with several reviews mentioning quick and timely appointments.
- Great experience with children: The eye care center receives positive feedback for its ability to handle and engage with young children during their eye exams, making it a recommended option for pediatric eye care.
Florida Eye Clinic
5727 Canton Cove, Winter Springs, FL 32708
Patients highly recommend Dr. Alice Sterling’s eye care center for her attentive exams, expertise, and commitment to quality care. Her courteous, helpful staff also receive acclaim. While some reviews cited long waits and contact lens ordering issues, Dr. Sterling promptly resolved concerns, ensuring patients’ positive experiences.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the comprehensive and detailed eye exams received at this eye care center. Patients appreciate having their questions answered and issues addressed professionally.
- Friendly and courteous staff: Reviews consistently mention the courteous and helpful nature of the staff at this eye care center. From the receptionist to the assistants and eyewear professionals, the staff is praised for their friendly demeanor and willingness to assist.
- Responsive and attentive care: In one review, it is mentioned that after experiencing an issue, the patient reached out to the practice and Dr. Sterling personally reached out to resolve the concern promptly. This highlights the practice's commitment to responsive and attentive care.
Atlantic Eye Center: Alexandra Kostick MD
3 Pine Cone Dr #104, Palm Coast, FL 32137
Patients laud the professionalism, expertise, and attentiveness of the eye care center’s doctors and staff. Many cite the thorough exams and helpfulness of Deloris, John, and Dr. Kostick, whose skill shines in complex cases. Thoughtful post-op care earns appreciation. These reviews reflect strong satisfaction with the center overall.
- Highly skilled and dedicated doctor: Dr. Kostick and her staff are praised for their expertise and ability to address severe eye issues. They have successfully corrected various eye problems and treated patients with conditions such as dementia and eye birth defects.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Patients appreciate the comprehensive exams conducted by Dr. Kostick, who takes the time to address any concerns and explain procedures in easy-to-understand language. The staff is also commended for their attention to sterilization techniques and friendly demeanor.
- Excellent surgical outcomes: Several patients who underwent cataract surgery were thrilled with the results. Dr. Kostick's surgical skills, along with her staff's care and follow-up, ensured the best possible visual outcomes for these patients.
Dr. Ted Brink & Associates
135 Jenkins St #104, St. Augustine, FL 32086
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback, with customers highlighting the friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, and quick, painless exams. Many report clearer vision with their new glasses. However, one reviewer cited high exam fees and an incorrect prescription. Overall, most recommend this facility for examinations and eyewear.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, welcoming, and helpful throughout their visit.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Several reviewers were impressed with the thoroughness of their eye exams and appreciated that the doctors took the time to answer their questions and provide detailed explanations.
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology: Some reviewers mentioned that the eye care center had state-of-the-art equipment, which helped them identify visual improvements and made their experience more enjoyable.
124 Tuscan Way, St. Augustine, FL 32092
The eye care center received largely positive feedback for its helpful staff and thorough exams, though some patients mentioned issues with appointment availability and customer service.
- Accommodating staff: The practice manager, Michelle Dillevig, went above and beyond to accommodate a difficult customer's requests, even correcting a major problem at no charge. Patients appreciated the friendly and helpful reception from other staff members as well.
- Excellent eye exams and thorough explanations: Multiple reviews praised the thoroughness of the eye exams and the doctors' ability to explain everything clearly to patients. They appreciated the knowledgeable and caring approach of Dr. Ashley Noegel, Dr. Reed, and Dr. Vieth.
- Friendly and compassionate service: Several patients mentioned the friendly and compassionate service they received from the staff. They felt respected and cared for, with the staff going the extra mile to ensure their comfort and needs were met.
Florida Eye Specialists – St. Augustine
3780 US-1, St. Augustine, FL 32086
The Florida Eye Specialists were widely praised for their exceptional care, professionalism, and comprehensive eye exams. Patients spoke highly of Drs. Miles and Koike, citing their exemplary skills and compassionate care. The attentive staff, pristine facilities, and diligent follow-up were also appreciated. In short, reviews indicate this practice provides superb eye care that exceeds expectations.
- Excellent comprehensive eye exams: The reviews consistently mention that the eye exams at Florida Eye Specialists are extremely thorough and comprehensive.
- Highly skilled and caring doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are described as highly skilled, knowledgeable, and caring. They take the time to explain eye conditions and treatments, making patients feel confident about their vision health.
- Friendly and professional staff: Numerous reviews highlight the friendly and professional staff at Florida Eye Specialists. From registration to testing to discharge, the staff is described as welcoming, efficient, and attentive.
15 Cypress Branch Way Suite 205, Palm Coast, FL 32164
Customers commend the office’s welcoming staff like Jada and managers Katie and Emily for picking frames. Dr. Margaret Harrington provides thorough, professional exams. Customers appreciate the team’s amazing service, kindness, and help choosing eyeglasses, though some mentioned issues with glasses discomfort and no refunds. Overall, it’s recommended for friendly, knowledgeable doctors and staff, thorough exams and eyeglass assistance.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention that the front desk staff and other members of the team are friendly, nice, and welcoming. They create a positive and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Many reviewers praise Dr. Margaret Harrington and her team for providing thorough and professional eye exams. They mention that Dr. Harrington is knowledgeable, reassuring, and takes the time to answer questions.
- Helpful assistance with frame selection: Several reviews mention that the staff, particularly Emily, go above and beyond to help patients in selecting frames. They are described as accommodating, informative, and willing to find the right frames within the patient's price range.
Rowe Family EyeCare
1100-4 S Ponce De Leon Blvd, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Rowe Family Eye Care receives positive feedback for their knowledgeable and calming doctors, friendly staff, and comprehensive eye exams. They are commended for frame fittings and attentive care. However, some customers report overcharging, disorganized appointments, and problems with office staff, suggesting exploring alternatives.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviews mention that the staff at Rowe Family Eye Care is knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. They are described as professional and caring, making patients feel comfortable during their visit.
- Experienced and thorough doctors: Multiple reviews praise the doctors at Rowe Family Eye Care for their expertise and thoroughness in providing eye exams and eye care. They are described as knowledgeable, professional, and skilled at diagnosing and explaining conditions.
- Excellent customer service: Several reviews mention that the customer service provided by Rowe Family Eye Care is exceptional. The staff is described as caring, attentive, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure a positive experience for their patients. They are also noted for their honesty and lack of pushiness.
St Augustine Vision Center
25 Deltona Blvd, St. Augustine, FL 32086
The reviews highlight satisfied customers who appreciate the personalized care, expertise of staff. Wait times and pricing relative to competitors are concerns noted that should be weighed when choosing this provider.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mentioned that the doctors and staff at the eye care center were friendly, helpful, and treated them like family.
- Good selection of eyewear: Some reviewers praised the eye care center for offering a wide range of high-quality glasses at lower prices compared to other providers.
- Prompt and professional service: The eye care center was commended for providing quick appointments, efficient service, and addressing eye emergencies promptly.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.