Best Eye Doctors In Ormond Beach, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Ormond Beach Optometrists in Ormond Beach, Ormond Beach, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Ormond Beach reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Ormond Beach.
Eye Design Eyewear
900 W Granada Blvd Unit #1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Eye Design customers consistently mention the professionalism of Dr. Harbuck and the friendly staff. Their thorough eye exams, wide selection of frames, onsite manufacturing of glasses, and reasonable prices make them a recommended local eye care provider.
- Thorough and friendly eye exams: The eye care center is praised for providing thorough eye exams and putting patients at ease.
- Great selection of frames: Customers appreciate the wide array of eyeglass frames available, ranging from sporty to elegant. The sales and fitting associates are also commended for doing a great job in meeting customer expectations.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at the eye care center is consistently described as friendly, knowledgeable, and patient. Customers feel well taken care of and appreciate the extra care and attention they receive during their visit.
DiGaetano Cataract Services
505 Health Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams and professionalism of the knowledgeable doctors and staff at DiGaetano Cataract Services. Dr. DiGaetano and Dr. Acevedo receive high marks for their expertise and attentive care. Reviews describe a prompt, pleasant office with helpful, courteous staff.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviewers mention that their eye exams at this center were thorough and extensive. The technicians and doctors were praised for their professionalism and attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: Reviewers appreciate the knowledge and expertise of the doctors at this eye care center. They were commended for their ability to explain diagnoses and treatment options, as well as their kindness and patience with questions.
- Friendly and courteous staff: The staff at this center are frequently described as friendly, courteous, and professional. Reviewers appreciate their warm and welcoming demeanor, which makes the overall experience pleasant.
Daytona Eye Center
701 S Ridgewood Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
The eye care center received mixed reviews. While some praised the efficient service and thorough exams, others cited rude staff who were unhelpful with contacts, glasses, and orders. One patient experienced significant delays receiving their daughter’s glasses due to the order not being placed.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Many reviews praise the doctors at Daytona Eye Center for their thorough and detailed eye exams, with questions being answered and no concerns left unaddressed.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff members at Daytona Eye Center, from the front desk to the technicians and frame consultants.
- Efficient service and short wait times: Multiple reviews highlight the efficiency of the eye center, with short wait times for appointments and quick turnaround on glasses orders.
Dr. Ronald Baldwin
2475 W International Speedway Blvd Ste 100, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
This eye care center is highly recommended for its knowledgeable doctors, thorough exams, advanced technology like Optomap to avoid dilation, and helpful staff. However, one patient complained of an unethical practice of being forced into an optional procedure.
- The eye care center has knowledgeable and kind staff who take the time to educate patients and provide thorough and informative eye exams.
- The sales team at the center is great and makes it easy for patients to select frames.
- The center uses advanced technology that eliminates the need for dilation and waiting for the effects to wear off, providing a more efficient and comfortable exam experience.
Dr. Eye / Dr. Jason Iannarelli
1400 Hand Ave unit N, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback for their professional, friendly, and thorough doctors and staff. A few reviews cite disappointments with front desk staff and slow contact lens deliveries. However, most customers enthusiastically recommend this center for eye exams, glasses, and contacts.
- Both Dr. Iannarelli (husband and wife) are excellent doctors who are thorough and knowledgeable. They put patients at ease, explain everything clearly, and answer questions in an easy-to-understand manner.
- The staff at the eye care center, including the front desk and technicians, are professional, friendly, and welcoming. They provide exceptional customer service and take the time to assist patients with their needs and answer any questions.
- The facility is clean, well-decorated, and welcoming. Patients appreciate the comfortable waiting room and the beautiful showroom for glasses selection.
Florida Eye Clinic
1089 W Granada Blvd, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Dr. Michael T. Cady’s eye care center provides professional, thorough eye care. Patients appreciate Dr. Cady’s expertise and staff’s friendliness, though some mention occasional waiting room delays. Highly recommended overall for exceptional service.
- The staff, including the receptionist, assistants, and nurses, are friendly, professional, and provide excellent customer service.
- Dr. Cady is thorough, knowledgeable, and takes the time to educate his patients about their eye health and provide helpful advice.
- The clinic maintains a clean environment, enforces COVID procedures, and the staff ensures patients feel comfortable and safe during their visits.
Elite Eyecare Inc
1185 W Granada Blvd, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Elite Eyecare patients appreciate the personalized care from knowledgeable staff. Dr. Ling stands out for her professional, efficient, and compassionate manner. Patients highly recommend this eye care center for its exceptional customer service and wide selection of eyewear.
- Personalized attention and thorough eye exams: The staff at Elite Eyecare takes the time to ensure that customers have the correct prescription and make sure they can see properly with their glasses or contacts. They even went above and beyond to examine the lenses against the prescription and performed additional tests to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and knowledgeable staff: Customers consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff at Elite Eyecare. They provide great customer service, professional care, and are knowledgeable in assisting customers with selecting the best frames and lenses for their needs.
- Prompt and efficient service: Elite Eyecare is known for their prompt and efficient service, from getting appointments quickly to ensuring customers receive their new glasses or contacts in a timely manner. They even accommodate urgent situations, such as replacing damaged contact lenses, and provide same-day solutions.
Central Florida Retina
529 Health Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Patients consistently recommend Dr. Dunn and his attentive staff. Despite potential wait times, the quality care from Drs. Safi, Waite, and Demming makes visits worthwhile. Their expertise, cordial bedside manner, and meticulous exams give patients confidence in their vision care.
- Knowledgeable and thorough staff, with caring and friendly doctors like Dr. Dunn and Dr. Safi.
- Efficient and organized, moving patients through the office quickly.
- Highly qualified retinal specialist, Dr. Demming, for any retinal needs.
1808 W International Speedway Blvd Ste 502, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
The eye care center receives acclaim for their attentive and professional service. Patients remark on the doctors’ clear explanations and personalized recommendations. Knowledgeable staff assist with selecting frames that suit patients’ needs and style. The thoughtful customer service creates a welcoming atmosphere.
- Professional and courteous staff: Multiple reviews mention that the employees at this eye care center are professional, friendly, and provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough eye exams: Customers appreciate that the doctors take the time to explain what is happening with their vision and how to correct any issues. They feel that the eye exams are comprehensive and exceed their expectations.
- Convenient appointments and good service turnaround: Some reviewers mention that the center offers convenient appointment times, even on weekends. Additionally, the staff provides efficient service, with glasses being ready in a reasonable amount of time.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.