Best Eye Doctors In Orange City, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Orange City Optometrists in Orange City, Orange City, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Orange City reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Orange City.
20/20 Eyeglass Superstore – Orange City
1270 Saxon Blvd Ste 105, Orange City, FL 32763
This eye care center provides excellent customer service, friendly staff, and thorough eye exams, according to positive reviewers. Patients found it convenient to schedule appointments online and have exams completed promptly. The staff helped customers find ideal glasses and delivered new pairs quickly.
- Quick and efficient eye exam process, with some reviewers mentioning same-day glasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Utilizes advanced technology for eye exams, including virtual doctors and detailed explanations of eye health.
Dr. Joseph Vo & Associates
4700 W State Rd 46 #1000, Sanford, FL 32771
Patients rate this eye care center highly for the expertise, professionalism, and attentiveness of doctors during exams, as well as the friendliness and helpfulness of staff in explaining procedures and making patients comfortable. The sole criticism mentioned longer than expected waits for glasses, but customers strongly recommend the practice overall for its comprehensive, thoughtful care.
- Dr. Vi is amazing with kids and takes the time to explain everything to them during the eye exam, providing a safe and comfortable experience for young patients.
- Dr. Vo is highly knowledgeable and provides thorough eye exams, going above and beyond to call out possible medical issues and educate patients on their eye health.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and organized, making the process of getting an eye exam, fitted for glasses, and purchasing glasses quick and easy.
Logan Eye Care
560 Rinehart Rd STE 100, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Logan Eye Care patients consistently describe exceptional service, expertise, and personalized care. Optometrists impress with their knowledge, patience and attention to detail during exams. Patients also appreciate the wide frame selection, speedy glasses/contacts turnaround and friendly, helpful staff. Dr. Logan’s team comes highly recommended for their professionalism, thoroughness and genuine care.
- Exceptional service and expertise - Customers praised the exceptional service and expertise provided by the team at Logan Eye Care, making it a trusted place for eye exams and eye care.
- Personalized care and thorough exams - The staff at Logan Eye Care demonstrated a genuine commitment to customer satisfaction, offering personalized care tailored to each individual's needs. The optometrists showcased extensive knowledge and expertise during examinations, ensuring thorough and accurate prescriptions.
- Wide selection of frames and efficient turnaround time - Customers were impressed with the incredible selection of frames available at Logan Eye Care, ranging from classic to trendy styles. The staff provided helpful guidance in choosing frames, making the process enjoyable. Additionally, Logan Eye Care was praised for its efficiency in producing glasses and ordering contact lenses, ensuring a prompt and convenient experience.
890 Saxon Blvd #200, Orange City, FL 32763
The eye care center was highly rated for thorough eye exams performed by knowledgeable doctors. Patients commented positively on the efficiency, care, and hospitality of the staff. The office’s cleanliness and welcoming environment were also appreciated.
- Excellent eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are exceptional and thorough, with doctors who are knowledgeable and patient.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviews highlight the friendly and compassionate staff members, such as Julian, Joel, Gaby, and Andre, who provide efficient and professional service. Customers appreciate their assistance with choosing frames and explaining options.
- Modern equipment and telehealth options: Several reviews mention that the eye care center has modern equipment and utilizes telehealth for eye exams. This allows for a smooth and convenient experience, with minimal wait times and the ability to schedule appointments online.
Lake Mary Eye Care
1331 S International Pkwy STE 1271, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Lake Mary Eye Care earns overwhelmingly positive feedback for Dr. Love’s attentive, professional, and knowledgeable team. Patients appreciate the clinic’s state-of-the-art technology and specialized pediatric care. Though one customer cited insurance miscommunication, most reviews strongly recommend Lake Mary Eye Care for thorough eye exams and quality service.
- High-tech equipment: Lake Mary Eye Care is praised for having top-notch, high-tech equipment during eye exams, ensuring a comprehensive and accurate assessment of eye health.
- Efficient and on-time appointments: Multiple reviewers mention that their appointments at Lake Mary Eye Care always started on time and that the office is efficient, providing a calm and unhurried environment during the examination process.
- Expertise in pediatric eye care: Dr. Love is commended for his extensive expertise in pediatric eye care, with one reviewer specifically mentioning how he quickly corrected their son's vision issues using different lenses and exercises.
4700 W State Rd 46 #1000, Sanford, FL 32771
LensCrafters provides professional eye exams and a wide selection of glasses. Wait times and sanitation have drawn some criticism, although experiences with knowledgeable staff like Dr. Vo, Robby, and RobesPierre remain positives for many customers.
- Friendly and helpful staff who take the time to explain the eye exam process and results.
- Great selection of frames, including designer options, and helpful assistance in picking out glasses.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams provided by Dr. Vo, who takes the time to answer questions and explain details.
Total Vision Eye Health Associates
2836 Enterprise Rd, DeBary, FL 32713
The positive reviews cite the center’s friendly staff and quality exams leading to improved vision. Patients applaud the caring, kid-friendly environment and efficient visits. Doctors earn high marks for professionalism, patience, and clear explanations during thorough exams.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful staff, making the experience more pleasant and putting them at ease during the eye exam.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers commented on the quick and efficient service they received, with one mentioning they were able to order their new glasses in under an hour. This is especially beneficial for those with busy schedules.
2564 Enterprise Rd, Orange City, FL 32763
The eye care center received overwhelmingly positive reviews praising the warm and knowledgeable staff. Patients mentioned the professionalism and expertise of specific staff like Melissa, Lili, Lydy, and Deborah. Reviewers appreciated the welcoming environment and efficient eye exam appointments.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at the eye care center being friendly, accommodating, and helpful. They make customers feel welcomed and provide efficient service.
- Professional and competent doctors: Customers have praised the professionalism and efficiency of the doctors at the eye care center. They are described as knowledgeable, competent, and efficient in conducting eye exams and providing prescriptions.
440 St Charles Ct #1008, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Patients appreciate Dr. Tartibi’s personalized care and expertise. While some reviews cite issues with staff and changes after the practice was sold, many loyal patients continue to have positive experiences.
- Excellent, personalized service: The eye care center provides exceptional care and attentiveness to patients' needs, ensuring a comfortable and unrushed experience during eye exams and treatments.
- Skilled optometrist: Dr. Tartibi is highly recommended for her proficiency in adjusting prescriptions and providing quality eye care. Patients trust her expertise and appreciate her personalized approach.
- Courteous and professional staff: The office staff, including Marie and Randy, are consistently praised for their professionalism, friendliness, and commitment to providing top-notch service.
Frutchey Eye Care
157 Towne Center Blvd, Sanford, FL 32771
Frutchey Eye Care receives consistently positive reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff, state-of-the-art equipment, and comprehensive exams. Patients highlight the thoughtful care from Drs. Frutchey and Sandra, appreciating their clear test explanations and professionalism. The office is praised for insurance processing, appointments, glasses selection, and overall exceptional service.
- Advanced Medical Equipment: The eye care center has some of the most advanced medical equipment to scan your eyes, ensuring a thorough and accurate examination.
- Knowledgeable and Thorough Doctors: Both Dr. Mark and Dr. Sandra Frutchey have received praise for their knowledge and thoroughness during eye exams. They take the time to explain the results and provide clear explanations of the state of your eyes.
- Friendly and Helpful Staff: The staff at Frutchey Eye Care is known for being friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They create a warm and pleasant environment for patients during their visits.
5680 Wayside Dr, Sanford, FL 32771
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its welcoming and knowledgeable staff, comprehensive eye exams, and aid in selecting frames. However, some customers report issues with appointment availability, unsatisfactory retail service, obtaining prescriptions, and uncompetitive eyeglass pricing.
- The staff at Advanced EyeCare is welcoming, hospitable, and provides excellent care. They take the time to walk patients through the eye examination and answer any questions or concerns.
- The eye exams at this location are thorough and comprehensive, using state-of-the-art equipment. Patients feel listened to and not judged for any issues.
- The optometry staff is knowledgeable and friendly, providing a positive experience for patients. The staff is accommodating and helpful in finding the perfect frame for glasses.
Eagle Vision Eye Care
978 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Eagle Vision Eye Care receives consistently positive reviews for their expert and compassionate doctors, Dr. Cal and Dr. Alba Nazario, who provide thorough exams and educate patients on eye health. Their friendly staff facilitates quick turnaround on glasses and contacts. Patients highlight the cutting-edge technology and personalized care that led them to highly recommend this practice for its outstanding vision care.
- Caring and patient eye doctors who take the time to answer questions, educate patients, and provide thorough eye exams.
- Professional and compassionate staff who address patients' concerns, listen attentively, and explain everything clearly, leading to a comfortable and personalized experience.
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology, demonstrating a commitment to providing exceptional eye care and focusing on eye health.
Jeff L. Timko, OD
840 N Stone St, DeLand, FL 32720
CarePlus insurance is not accepted.
- Efficient and friendly service, with eye exams and contacts completed in just over an hour.
- The doctor is extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to listen to your concerns, providing a thorough examination and explanation of any issues.
- The staff and doctor are friendly and helpful, creating a welcoming and trustworthy atmosphere for eye care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.