Best Eye Doctors In North Lauderdale, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed North Lauderdale Optometrists in North Lauderdale, North Lauderdale, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze North Lauderdale reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in North Lauderdale.
West Broward Eyecare Associates
7822 N University Dr, Tamarac, FL 33321
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciated the expertise and thoroughness of the doctors during exams. They also commented on the friendly and efficient staff. However, some expressed dissatisfaction with the front desk staff’s lack of communication and professionalism. A few patients were surprised by unexpected charges or unsatisfied with the service.
- Dr. Garmizo provides quick and accurate fitting for gas permeable contacts, resulting in perfect prescriptions and comfortable wear.
- Dr. Rhue and the front desk staff are welcoming, friendly, and take the time to explain everything during the eye exam.
741 N University Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33071
Eyelab customers report a range of experiences. While some appreciate the kind, professional staff and quick, reasonably priced eye exams, others cite issues with rude staff, incorrect diagnoses, delayed orders, and limited frame selection. Overall, Eyelab offers quality eye care but may not meet every customer’s needs or expectations.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Multiple reviews mention the kind and helpful staff members, particularly Lana and Bella. They are praised for their professionalism and patience in assisting with eye exams and helping customers find the right glasses.
- Teleadoc for Eye Exams: One review highlights the convenience of a teleadoc, where the eye exams are conducted remotely through a wireless connection. This innovative approach to eye exams may be appealing to those seeking a more modern experience.
- Quick and Efficient Service: Several reviews mention the fast and organized service at this location. Customers appreciate the short waiting times, efficient eye exams, and timely delivery of glasses and contact prescriptions.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
5777 N University Dr, Tamarac, FL 33321
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for professional, thorough doctors and helpful staff. Many appreciate the opticians’ assistance in selecting frames. However, some experiences included long wait times, incorrect orders, and unexpected fees.
- The doctors take their time and patiently explain the processes involved in the eye exam, including offering advice on how to relieve eye fatigue from monitors.
- The staff, including receptionists and frame specialists, are professional, kind, patient, and offer great suggestions for frame selection. They also provide discounts and great deals on frames.
926 N University Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33071
Fortuna provides helpful service at Lens Crafters, with a customer eager to work with her again. The friendly and kind staff ensure great eye exam experiences. Customers are impressed by the fast, efficient glasses repairs.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The staff, particularly Fortuna, was praised for their helpfulness and knowledge about products during eye exams and frame purchases.
- Good customer service: Multiple reviewers mentioned great customer service and being treated with respect and kindness by the staff at the eye care center.
- Free adjustments: LensCrafters offers free adjustments for glasses, which was highly appreciated by a reviewer who mentioned Fortuna's exceptional assistance in adjusting their glasses.
True Eye Care & Associates
7900 W McNab Rd, North Lauderdale, FL 33068
Overall, patients were satisfied with the professional and thorough doctors and friendly staff. They appreciated the convenience of walk-in appointments and ease of obtaining contacts. However, one patient was frustrated by the high medical exam fees.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Reviewers consistently mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center were thorough and knowledgeable, providing thorough eye exams and explaining any concerns or issues.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers commented on the friendly and professional staff at this eye care center, from the receptionists to the technicians. They felt comfortable and well taken care of throughout their visit.
- Good customer service: Reviewers appreciated the good customer service they received at this eye care center, both in terms of the attention and care provided by the staff, as well as the efficient and prompt service they experienced.
South Florida Vision Associates
2900 W Cypress Creek Rd Suite 1, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
While many patients praise the quality of eye exams and professional staff, some mention issues with frame selection, bathroom cleanliness, appointment availability, and front desk customer service. Overall satisfaction seems dependent on individual interactions.
- Top-grade optometrist with excellent and comprehensive examinations.
- Short wait times for eye exams and glasses consultations.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff, especially in the eyeglass frames selection.
Kreda Eye Center
7020 W Commercial Blvd, Lauderhill, FL 33319
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and Dr. Kreda’s thorough eye exams. While some critique expensive frames and no warranty on glasses, most recommend this office for its professional service and efficient care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional staff who made patients feel welcome and at ease.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Patients praised the doctors for their knowledge and thoroughness during eye exams, making it a positive experience.
- Convenient location and reasonable prices: The eye care center is conveniently located and offers reasonable prices for frames and services, according to some reviews.
Advanced Vision Care – Tamarac
5865 N University Dr, Tamarac, FL 33321
The first two reviews detail frustrations with long wait times, poor service, ineffective communication with children, costly prescriptions, unresponsive staff, and denied refunds. The other reviews praise the office’s friendly and helpful staff, knowledgeable doctors, and quality care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the front desk and other staff members being friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. This creates a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Many reviewers mention being pleased with the expertise and professionalism of the doctors at the eye care center. They appreciated the thoroughness of the exams and the clear explanations provided.
- Good selection of frames: One reviewer specifically mentions the helpfulness of the staff in assisting with frame selection. This suggests that the eye care center offers a wide range of options for patients to choose from.
5251 N University Dr, Lauderhill, FL 33351
Most reviews commend this eye care center’s friendly, knowledgeable staff and skilled doctors who provide professional, thorough care in a comfortable setting. Despite one complaint about overcharging and unsatisfactory service, numerous positive experiences reflect excellent customer satisfaction.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers praised the friendly and helpful staff, including the optometrists and sales representatives. They felt comfortable asking questions and appreciated the attentive and patient service they received.
- Clean and safe environment: Due to Covid-19, reviewers mentioned that the location smelled clean and fresh. They appreciated the effort made to sanitize everything that was touched by the previous patient, making them feel safe during their visit.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Several reviewers specifically mentioned the doctors' professionalism and thoroughness during the eye exams. They felt that the doctors took the time to explain everything and genuinely cared about their eye health.
Vizio Eye Care
9129 W Atlantic Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33071
The eye care center receives high marks for its friendly, informative staff and knowledgeable doctors who provide thorough eye exams. Many satisfied customers plan to return and recommend the center to others. Some appreciate the convenience of an in-store location.
- Friendly and informative obstetrician who answers all questions and concerns.
- Dr. Ton is caring, takes time to explain findings, and gives recommendations based on activities and profession.
- Spectacular and thorough staff at Lens Crafters, patient and professional.
Eyes on Atlantic
7272 W Atlantic Blvd, Margate, FL 33068
This eye care center is generally well-reviewed for its eyewear selection and knowledgeable staff. Patients have had positive experiences with the eye doctor, particularly for specialized child care. However, some negative reviews cite unprofessional behavior, insurance issues, and problems with glasses. Still, many patients recommend the center and commend the professionalism and care.
- Excellent selection of eyewear and knowledgeable staff.
- Specialization in child vision and thorough exams, including tests not seen in previous appointments.
- Professional, warm, and respectful customer service, with attention to insurance verification and cost savings.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.