Best Eye Doctors In Niceville, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Niceville Optometrists in Niceville, Niceville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Niceville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Niceville.
Wells Vision and Laser Eye Center
36086 Emerald Coast Pkwy, Destin, FL 32541
Current Specials: FREE CONSULTATION
The eye care center is highly regarded for its knowledgeable doctors, professional and thorough examinations, friendly and helpful staff, extensive selection of frames, and use of advanced technology. While reviews are largely positive, some patients note opportunities to improve appointment wait times.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, supportive, and patient, providing excellent customer service throughout the eye exam process.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers praised the optometrist, Dr. Wells, for his expertise and professionalism during eye exams. They found the exams to be thorough and detailed, and appreciated the time he took to answer their questions.
- Extensive selection of frames: Several reviews mentioned that the eye care center offers a wide variety of frames to choose from, making it easy for customers to find a pair that suits their style and preferences.
Eye Center South – Destin
151 Regions Way Building 1, Destin, FL 32541
This eye care center receives high recommendations for its thorough exams, detailed explanations, and compassionate, professional care from doctors like Zsolt Bansagi and Henkel. Reviews also note friendly, knowledgeable staff. However, some patients experienced long waits and scheduling difficulties for routine exams.
- Highly professional and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the high level of professionalism and care provided by the staff at this eye care center. They are commended for their attention to detail, explanation of procedures, and making patients feel comfortable during their visits.
- Experienced and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at this eye care center, specifically Dr. Zsolt Bansagi and Dr. Henkel, are praised for their expertise, experience, and ability to provide thorough and effective eye care services. They are described as compassionate, attentive, and skilled in their respective specialties.
- Efficient and quick appointments: Several reviews mention that the waiting time for appointments at this eye care center is minimal. Patients appreciate the promptness and efficiency of the staff in getting them in and out quickly, making the overall experience convenient and hassle-free.
American Family Care Niceville
1394 E John Sims Pkwy, Niceville, FL 32578
The eye care center provides a clean, welcoming environment with attentive, non-judgmental doctors and caring staff. Patients praise the quick, thorough service and often recommend specific doctors. This eye care center comes highly recommended for urgent care.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: Reviewers consistently highlight the cleanliness of the facility, indicating a commitment to maintaining a hygienic environment for eye exams and care.
- Quick and efficient service: Many customers praise the quick and efficient service they received, indicating a streamlined process for eye exams and treatments.
Dr. Kristian Edlund
251 Mary Esther Blvd ste d, Mary Esther, FL 32569
Customers were pleased with the friendly and knowledgeable staff at the eye care center, particularly Dr. Edlund. They appreciated the quick, thorough exams and variety of glasses options. One customer noted a lack of price breakdown on their receipt. Overall, customers were satisfied with their appointments and would recommend this eye care center.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the kind and patient demeanor of the staff, making the experience pleasant and comfortable during the eye exams.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Many reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams and the expertise of Dr. Edlund, ensuring a comprehensive assessment of the patients' vision needs.
- Good value and affordable options: Reviewers mention that the cost of the eye exams and the variety of affordable frames available make it a great value for money.
778 Beal Pkwy NW Suite 102, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for the doctor’s skill and congenial bedside manner. Patients consistently remark on the attentive and meticulous eye exams. Additionally, many patients appreciate the staff’s assistance in choosing frames and navigating insurance.
- One stop shopping: Customers have mentioned that this eye care center offers the convenience of getting an eye exam and purchasing new glasses in one place.
- Helpful and attentive staff: Reviewers have praised the staff for being helpful, attentive, and accommodating, going above and beyond to meet their needs and provide excellent service.
- Friendly and thorough doctors: Customers have mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center are friendly, kind, and thorough in explaining vision problems and prescribing appropriate solutions.
Dr. Jennifer Goette
350 Racetrack Rd NW suite c, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Dr. Goette’s office is lauded for their friendly, helpful, and professional service. Patients value the wide selection of affordable eyewear, including options for the uninsured. While some felt rushed during appointments and desired more time adjusting to new lenses, most recommend this practice for the experienced, caring staff.
- Dr. Goette and her staff are friendly, professional, and provide outstanding customer service.
- The eye exams are thorough and you receive a copy of your new prescription the same day.
- They have a great selection of glasses and take the time to ensure you get a comfortable fitting pair.
4263 Legendary Dr J-105, Destin, FL 32541
Dr. Heidi Gonzalez provides informative eye exams and readily answers questions at LensCrafters in Destin, FL. Helpful sales staff assist customers in choosing frames and lenses. Patients recommend this location for comprehensive eye care and glasses.
- Convenient location in the Destin Commons shopping center, making it easily accessible.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff, including Dr. Heidi Gonzalez, who provides comprehensive eye exams and takes the time to explain results and answer questions.
- Wide variety of frames available, with helpful assistance in selecting frames and ordering lenses to meet personal preferences.
417A Racetrack Rd NW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Patients consistently praised Dr. Doolin and his caring, professional staff at the eye care center for their thorough exams, clear explanations, and affordable prices. The friendly atmosphere and attentive service also received positive reviews.
- The staff at Clarkson Eyecare, including Dr. Doolin, are patient, friendly, and approachable.
- The eye exams at this location are thorough, providing the best level of care.
- The office is professional, efficient, and committed to patient comfort and satisfaction.
Mollega Eye Care
13346 Emerald Coast Pkwy, Miramar Beach, FL 32550
Dr. Mollega and his friendly, knowledgeable staff provide thorough eye exams in a clean, comfortable facility with efficient scheduling and check-in processes. Multiple reviewers highly recommend Mollega Eye Care.
- Dr. Mollega provides a thorough eye exam with state-of-the-art equipment and considers underlying possible causes for abnormalities, leading to a decisive treatment plan.
- The staff is professional, prompt, and informative, with a great selection of eye frames available on-site.
- Note: These pros have been condensed and paraphrased for simplicity and coherence.
Bayside Vision Center/Annette Brabham, OD, PA
111 N John Sims Pkwy, Valparaiso, FL 32580
Dr. Brabham provides attentive, professional eye care and thorough eye exams at Bayside Vision Center. Patients appreciate her attentiveness to their concerns. Her knowledgeable, friendly staff and the office’s modern technology and large frame selection make this a recommended vision care provider.
- Thorough and proactive care: Dr. Brabham is praised for her thoroughness and proactive approach in providing excellent eye care for the whole family, including eye exams, eye injuries, and glaucoma.
- Friendly and courteous staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as friendly, courteous, and personable, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and professional: Dr. Brabham is commended for her knowledge, professionalism, and ability to explain details of eye exams and answer questions, making patients feel confident and well-informed about their vision health.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.