Best Eye Doctors In Merritt Island, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Merritt Island Optometrists in Merritt Island, Merritt Island, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Merritt Island reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Merritt Island.
Florida Eye Associates
5510 Murrell Rd, Melbourne, FL 32940
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients describe the doctors as caring, knowledgeable, and thorough during exams. However, some express frustration with long wait times and front desk disorganization.
- Dr. Consbruck was accommodating to patients with disabilities and made sure they were comfortable during the eye exam.
- The eye care center has professional and caring staff, including Eddy who did a preliminary eye exam and Lauren who provided a thorough eye evaluation.
- Dr. Haft and Dr. Lalonde were praised for their professionalism and expertise in providing comprehensive eye exams and accurate prescriptions.
Hendrix Eye Care
5505 N Atlantic Ave Suite 105, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Hendrix Eye Care patients report exceptional service, thorough exams, and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Doctors take time explaining results and recommending optimal eye care. Patients feel valued and cared for, with many recommending Hendrix for their eye care needs.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Hendrix Eye Care are thorough and conducted by knowledgeable doctors. They take the time to explain the results and make recommendations.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Many reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff at Hendrix Eye Care. Patients feel welcomed and important, and the staff members take the time to answer questions and address concerns.
- Convenient location and state-of-the-art equipment: Reviewers appreciate that Hendrix Eye Care has a convenient location and state-of-the-art equipment. They also mention that the facility is nice and clean.
1941 Michigan Ave, Cocoa, FL 32922
Visionary Optometry patients describe Dr. Girard as caring and knowledgeable. His friendly, professional staff provides helpful service and minimal wait times. Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams and frame selection assistance. A few reviews mentioned high prices and unclear costs. Overall, customers recommend Visionary Optometry for quality eye care.
- Dr. Girard is caring, competent, and capable, providing high-quality eye exams and glasses.
- The staff is nice, professional, and provides prompt service with minimal wait time.
- The office is clean, efficient, and well-staffed, providing a comfortable and personalized experience for patients.
Florida Eye Associates
2003 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Patients appreciate the friendly staff, thorough exams, and knowledgeable doctors like Drs. Ravin and Lalonde. The state-of-the-art facility and efficient workflow are positives. A few mention longer waits or appointment confusion, but most highly recommend this caring, skilled eye care center.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers praised the doctors for being professional and thorough during their eye exams. They appreciated that everything was explained to them, leaving no questions unanswered.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate staff: Several reviewers commended the doctors for being knowledgeable, compassionate, and taking the time to go over things with them. They felt cared for and appreciated the doctors' attention to detail.
- State-of-the-art facility: One reviewer mentioned that the facility was state-of-the-art. This indicates that the eye care center has the necessary equipment and technology to provide advanced eye care services.
Tres Vision Group
250 N Courtenay Pkwy # 101, Merritt Island, FL 32953
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its friendly, professional, and knowledgeable staff. Patients report thorough exams where doctors address all concerns with competence and care.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff, including the eye techs and doctors, were knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. They were patient, answered questions, and made the patients feel at ease.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were thorough and detailed. The staff took their time to address all concerns and ensured that the patients understood their medical plans and options.
- Caring and attentive doctors: Some reviews praised the doctors for being caring, attentive, and dedicated to patient care. Patients felt reassured, especially in cases where they had complex eye conditions or unusual reactions to treatment.
100 N Plumosa St, Merritt Island, FL 32953
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its caring and supportive staff, efficient eye exams, and exceptional customer service. A minority of reviews cite concerns over inaccurate prescriptions, lengthy wait times for glasses, and subpar communication. In general, customers report satisfaction with the eye exams and customer service but occasional issues with prescriptions and delays in obtaining glasses.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers praised the staff for their compassion, helpfulness, and dedication to resolving customers' issues. They were accommodating and went above and beyond to ensure a positive experience and satisfaction.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye exams were thorough, efficient, and painless. The optometrists were knowledgeable and took the time to explain the results and provide recommendations for glasses or contacts.
- Affordable prices: Some reviewers appreciated the affordable prices for glasses and eye exams. They found the prices to be great, especially when compared to other optical stores or providers.
Florida Retina Specialists
280 N Sykes Creek Pkwy suite b, Merritt Island, FL 32953
Florida Retina Specialists is highly regarded for attentive front desk staff, knowledgeable doctors, and quality care during routine eye exams and emergency retina procedures.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mentioned how nice and polite the front desk staff and doctors are. They felt welcomed and valued as patients.
- Thorough and attentive care: Many reviewers appreciated that the doctors took the time to explain procedures and answer questions. They felt that the doctors were knowledgeable and provided quality care.
- Quick response and timely appointments: Several reviewers mentioned that they were able to get appointments quickly, even for urgent eye issues. They appreciated the efficiency of the practice in addressing their needs in a timely manner.
Family Vision Center
1982 US-1 STE 101, Rockledge, FL 32955
The Family Vision Center is well-regarded for their friendly, knowledgeable staff, with Dr. Dunn receiving particular acclaim. Patients praise the thorough eye exams and help choosing frames. However, one review cites concerning behavior by Dr. Dunn toward a patient with disabilities. Most reviews recommend the Family Vision Center for eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The front desk staff and eye care professionals at Family Vision Center are praised for their friendliness and helpfulness. Patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Several reviewers mention that the optometrists at the center provide thorough eye exams and take the time to educate patients about their eye health. Patients appreciate the level of detail and personalized care they receive.
- Great selection of frames: The center offers a wide variety of eyeglass frames. Reviewers mention that the staff, particularly Chris, is patient and helpful in assisting with frame selection, ensuring patients find the perfect fit for their face shape.
Family Vision Center
228 S Courtenay Pkwy, Merritt Island, FL 32952
The Family Vision Center is highly recommended for comprehensive eye exams and a wide selection of glasses. Patients describe the staff as friendly and helpful. The knowledgeable doctors provide quality care, resulting in many satisfied customers.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, including the front desk, technicians, and optical associates.
- Excellent eye exams: Several reviews praise the thoroughness and professionalism of the eye exams, with one reviewer specifically mentioning the use of the latest technology.
- Great selection of frames: The optical center receives positive feedback for its wide selection of frames and the helpfulness of the staff in assisting with frame selection.
Vision Source- Santisi Vision Care
950 N Courtenay Pkwy #2, Merritt Island, FL 32953
Patients consistently give high marks to Dr. Santisi and staff at Vision Source for their professionalism, expertise, and warm demeanor. Thorough eye exams and personalized care are highlights. With advanced equipment and a wide array of glasses, Dr. Santisi provides excellent vision care in a welcoming setting.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff
- Thorough eye exams and advice
- Wide selection of glasses in all price ranges, including safety glasses
777 E Merritt Island Causeway, Merritt Island, FL 32952
While most reviews commend the thorough exams and quality service from the independent eye doctor and LensCrafters, one expresses dissatisfaction with rude staff behavior during check-in.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams provided at this location are top-notch, with one customer even describing it as "the best results for my eyes." The doctors and technicians explain the procedures and options clearly, making the experience informative and helpful.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers comment on the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at this location. From the receptionists to the opticians, customers appreciate the professionalism and customer service they received. The staff is described as patient, attentive, and willing to answer any questions or clarify doubts.
- Repair services and assistance: A few reviews highlight the repair services provided by this LensCrafters location. Customers mention having their glasses fixed, often at no charge, which shows that the staff is dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction and providing assistance when needed.
Eyedeal Vision Care
5500 Stadium Pkwy Suite #102, Melbourne, FL 32940
This eye care center provides excellent service, with detailed and thorough exams by knowledgeable doctors who take the time to understand patients’ needs. Patients describe friendly, professional staff in a clean, well-organized office. Patients strongly recommend this facility for comprehensive eye care.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams, with knowledgeable and caring staff.
- Clean and well-maintained facility, with a friendly and professional front desk and lobby staff.
- Highly recommended doctors who are knowledgeable, thorough, and take the time to explain options and answer questions.
237 W Cocoa Beach Causeway, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
A1A Optics in Cocoa Beach is lauded for attentive care from knowledgeable staff who help customers find ideal eyewear. Their accommodation of urgent needs and positive reviews reflect high customer satisfaction.
- Excellent and prompt repair service for broken glasses
- Knowledgeable and caring staff who go above and beyond to help with contact emergencies
- Personalized attention and detailed measurements for selecting and fitting frames and lenses
Eyedeal Vision Care
1285 US-1, Rockledge, FL 32955
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, thorough exams, minimal wait times, and clean and comfortable office. Specific doctors are praised for taking time to answer questions and explain eye health. Patients describe the overall experience as highly recommended.
- Friendly and welcoming office personnel
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors and staff
- Thorough eye exams and answers to all questions
Vision Source- Dr. Peter Santisi
950 N Courtenay Pkwy #12, Merritt Island, FL 32953
Dr. Santisi provides knowledgeable and thorough eye care, explaining issues clearly. His friendly, customer-focused staff create a great atmosphere for exams and eyewear.
- Dr. Santisi is knowledgeable and takes the time to explain eye issues, providing a comfortable experience.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.
- The office atmosphere is welcoming and customer-friendly.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.