Best Eye Doctors In Melbourne, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Melbourne Optometrists in Melbourne, Melbourne, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Melbourne reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Melbourne.
The Eye Institute for Medicine & Surgery
1995 W NASA Blvd Suite 200, Melbourne, FL 32904
The first review highlights concerning issues with Dr. Darlington’s patient care. The second review reports a good surgical outcome but problems with office experience and professionalism. The third commends the Eye Boutique’s helpful staff and recommends the Eye Institute’s exams.
- Highly recommend Dr. Darlington for eye surgery and lens replacement procedures.
- The staff is attentive and provides good care, with quick appointments for eye exams.
- The reception desk and nursing staff are professional and pleasant, making the overall experience positive.
1813 W New Haven Ave, West Melbourne, FL 32904
Dr. Tanke and the LensCrafters staff receive high marks for their knowledge, patience and customer service during thorough exams and frame selection. One customer experienced delayed contact lens delivery and poor communication. Overall, customers strongly recommend this eye care center despite the single negative review.
- Dr. Tanke is highly praised by multiple reviewers for his kindness, patience, and thorough explanations during eye exams.
- The staff, particularly Julie and Veronica, are commended for their exceptional customer service and willingness to help customers find the perfect glasses and contacts.
- The optometrist and optician are recognized for their expertise and professionalism, providing knowledgeable assistance in selecting frames and ensuring a proper fit for glasses.
Florida Eye Associates Hearing Center
502 E New Haven Ave, Melbourne, FL 32901
Patients express appreciation for the professionalism, care, and efficiency of the doctors and staff at this eye care center. The doctors are praised for their thorough exams and extensive knowledge. While some patients had negative experiences elsewhere, they are relieved and satisfied with the quality of care received here. The facility is noted to be clean and well-run.
- Professional and caring staff: Many reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center are professional, knowledgeable, and caring. They make the experience painless and easy for patients, providing thorough examinations and addressing concerns.
- Efficient and quick service: Several reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center efficiently handle appointments and keep things moving quickly. Patients experience short wait times and are seen promptly by the doctor.
- Thorough examinations and informative explanations: Patients appreciate that the doctors at the eye care center take their time during examinations, explaining the procedure and possible outcomes. They feel well-informed and trust the doctors' recommendations.
Atlantis Vision Center
2194 Florida A1A #109, Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937
Dr. Leann Mandese provides thorough, patient-centered eye exams. Patients appreciate her friendly approach and attention to detail. The Atlantis Vision Center staff creates a warm, caring atmosphere. Patients are grateful for the expertise of the knowledgeable doctors and professional staff.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Atlantis Vision are thorough and in-depth. Patients appreciate the time and care taken by Dr. Mandese to explain everything in detail and address any questions or concerns.
- Professional and friendly staff: Many reviews highlight the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at Atlantis Vision. Patients feel welcomed and important from the moment they enter the office. The staff is described as caring, knowledgeable, and polite.
- High-quality and personalized care: Dr. Mandese is praised for her expertise and ability to provide personalized care. She is described as personable, understanding, and skilled. Patients appreciate the level of attention given to their eye health and the accurate prescriptions provided.
Tres Vision Group
665 S Apollo Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901
Overall, Amanda receives glowing reviews for her exceptional service and knowledgeable assistance. But some criticize the doctor’s attentiveness and the office manager’s professionalism. Yet other customers compliment the front desk, optician and doctors for their competence.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Amanda provided exceptional service and customer support, going above and beyond to ensure a comfortable and appropriate fit for eyeglasses.
- Competent and friendly crew: The front desk staff, equipment operators, optician, and doctors were all courteous, competent, and made the patient feel welcome and cared for.
- Tres Vision Center offers exceptional customer service, with a staff that is professional, attentive, kind, and understanding. Amanda Sawyer, in particular, is highly recommended for her courteous and professional service.
928 W New Haven Ave, Melbourne, FL 32901
The first review describes an unsatisfactory encounter with staff over a prescription issue. The second praises the eye exam, service quality, and pricing options. The third details a positive experience with a staff member who provided assistance when purchasing glasses.
- Wide variety of frames and options: Customers mentioned that this eye care center has a great selection of frames and options to choose from, allowing them to find the eyewear they needed with the best value.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the helpfulness, knowledge, and friendliness of the staff. Customers appreciated their ability to provide thorough eye exams, offer recommendations, and resolve any issues or insurance complications.
- Excellent customer service and problem resolution: Many customers mentioned positive experiences with customer service, particularly with employees like Jordan and Christina. They went above and beyond to research and resolve issues, ensuring a positive and less frustrating experience for the customers.
1573 S Wickham Rd, West Melbourne, FL 32904
Simply-See Eye Care Center receives excellent reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff, short wait times, and thorough exams. Patients appreciate their child-friendly atmosphere, clean facility, frame selection, and printed prescriptions. Reviewers highly recommend Simply-See, especially for pediatric eye care.
- Efficient and convenient: The eye care center allows patients to complete new patient paperwork online, saving time and eliminating the need for paperwork upon arrival. There is also minimal wait time, unlike other doctor's offices that tend to overbook appointments.
- Excellent service for all ages: The center provides great care and service to patients of all ages, including children. The staff was patient, understanding, and made the whole experience enjoyable for kids, even those who were nervous about their first eye exam.
- Knowledgeable and personable staff: Dr. Lewis and the technicians were highly knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. They took the time to explain each step of the exam, answer questions, and provide personalized recommendations.
2186 Harris Ave NE #1, Palm Bay, FL 32905
Coastal Vision Care receives enthusiastic feedback for personalized eye exams conducted by Dr. Heather Sorensen and her friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients describe thorough exams and individualized care, leading many to recommend the practice as the best they’ve experienced.
- Excellent customer service and care: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at Coastal Vision Care was friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. They took their time during the exams, answered all questions, and provided thorough explanations.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness: Reviewers were pleased with the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at Coastal Vision Care. The doctors took the time to explain each step of the process and ensured that all concerns were addressed.
- Affordable options and loyalty program: Coastal Vision Care was praised for working with patients, even those without insurance, to provide the best possible deals. One reviewer specifically mentioned the loyalty program, which saved them over $300.
Brevard Vision Care
2420 S Babcock St, Melbourne, FL 32901
Most reviewers indicate positive experiences here, noting friendly, professional staff, advanced technology, and expert doctors. However, some cite long waits and issues with communication and customer service. Overall, reviews recommend this place for exams and eyewear.
- Friendly and professional staff
- State-of-the-art technology for eye exams
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors
880 N Miramar Ave, Indialantic, FL 32903
Optique Unique provides a wide selection of distinctive eyewear frames and thorough eye exams by knowledgeable doctors. Their helpful staff excel at customer service, accommodating special requests.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff at Optique Unique, particularly Cary, are described as knowledgeable, friendly, and patient. They take the time to understand the customers' needs and guide them in choosing the right frames and lenses.
- Extensive selection of distinctive eyeglass frames: Optique Unique offers a wide range of eyeglass frames, including both traditional and trendy options. Customers appreciate the variety and the ability to find frames that suit their unique style and face shape.
- Excellent customer service and accommodations: The staff at Optique Unique is praised for their exceptional customer service and willingness to accommodate their customers' needs. They go above and beyond to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience, even offering assistance with entertaining children.
Dry Eye Center of Florida
930 S Harbor City Blvd # 200, Melbourne, FL 32901
Patients laud Dr. Jennifer Ramsower’s eye care center for attentive service and expertise identifying issues like dry eye and blocked tear ducts. Her state-of-the-art office boasts the latest diagnostics and spotless facilities. Patients recommend Ramsower unreservedly for personalized, comprehensive eye care.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Reviewers consistently mention that Dr. Jennifer Ramsower and her staff provide thorough and comprehensive eye exams, taking the time to listen to patients' concerns and explain their findings.
- Specialized in addressing dry eye issues: The practice is praised for their expertise in treating dry eyes and blocked tear ducts. Patients express relief in finding a local eye doctor who specializes in these conditions and provides effective solutions.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and courteous staff, creating a comfortable and pleasant environment for patients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.