Best Eye Doctors In Lake Mary, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lake Mary Optometrists in Lake Mary, Lake Mary, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lake Mary reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lake Mary.
Filutowski Eye Institute
1070 Greenwood Blvd, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Customers appreciate the thorough, stress-free eye exams and knowledgeable, professional staff. The courteous technicians and front desk personnel provide a welcoming environment. Reviewers note the detailed doctor explanations and excellent customer service.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were thorough and detailed, conducted by knowledgeable and professional doctors and technicians. This indicates a high standard of care and attention to detail.
- Friendly and courteous staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff at the eye care center for being friendly, courteous, and welcoming. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients, making their visit stress-free.
- Accommodating and informative doctors: Some reviewers mentioned that the doctors at the eye care center were informative, took the time to explain the procedures and options, and answered all their questions. This indicates that the doctors are accommodating and prioritize patient education and satisfaction.
Primera Eye Care
800 Currency Cir Suite 1010, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Primera Eye Care is highly recommended for their friendly staff, enjoyable exam process, wide frame selection, and Dr. Bever’s professionalism in addressing all patient questions. One negative review mentioned an initial refusal to provide PD measurements, but management resolved the issue.
- The staff at Primera Eye Care is described as awesome, sweet, and welcoming. They make the eye exam and glasses selection process easy and enjoyable. Patients feel comfortable and valued throughout their visit.
- The optometrists, particularly Dr. Bever, are highly praised for their thoroughness, patience, and professionalism during eye examinations. Patients appreciate their ability to alleviate anxiety and explain the process and results in a calming manner.
- Primera Eye Care offers a wide selection of frames, allowing patients to find glasses that suit their preferences and needs. They also work well with insurance and provide a comprehensive range of eye care services.
Dr. Joseph Vo & Associates
4700 W State Rd 46 #1000, Sanford, FL 32771
Patients report high satisfaction with the knowledge, thoroughness, and attentiveness of the doctors during eye exams. They appreciate the friendly, professional staff who facilitate quick and easy appointments. While largely positive, some noted extended wait times for glasses fittings. Patients strongly recommend this eye care center for their exceptional service.
- Dr. Vi is great with kids and takes the time to explain everything during the eye exam, ensuring that they feel safe and comfortable.
- The eye exams at this location are thorough and extensive, with the doctor calling out potential medical possibilities and providing recommendations.
- The staff, including Dr. Vo, are professional, friendly, and attentive, making the experience pleasant and informative.
Logan Eye Care
560 Rinehart Rd STE 100, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Logan Eye Care patients consistently compliment the office’s exceptional, personalized service and staff expertise. Patients value thorough eye exams by knowledgeable optometrists. The friendly, helpful staff guides patients in choosing frames. The office operates efficiently in producing glasses and contact lenses. Patients highly recommend Logan Eye Care for quality vision care.
- Exceptional personalized service: Customers mention that the team at Logan Eye Care provided a personalized experience that exceeded their expectations. They felt welcomed and valued from the moment they walked through the door.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise: The optometrists at Logan Eye Care showcased their extensive knowledge and expertise during eye exams. They answered all questions and explained each step of the process in a way that was easy to understand. Customers felt confident in the accuracy of their prescriptions.
- Wide selection of frames and prompt service: Logan Eye Care offers an incredible selection of frames, catering to various styles and tastes. Customers appreciated the staff's help and guidance in choosing the perfect frames. They were also pleasantly surprised by the efficient turnaround time for glasses and contact lenses.
Lake Mary Eye Care
1331 S International Pkwy STE 1271, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Lake Mary Eye Care provides excellent service and pediatric expertise under Dr. Robert Love. The office runs efficiently with knowledgeable, friendly staff. However, some patients experienced costly insurance miscommunications, marring an otherwise professional practice.
- High-tech equipment: Lake Mary Eye Care is equipped with high-tech equipment for eye exams, ensuring accurate diagnoses and comprehensive evaluations.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff, including Dr. Love and Ashley, are attentive, professional, and knowledgeable. They provide exceptional customer service and take the time to explain details and treatment plans.
- Expertise in pediatric eye care: Dr. Love's extensive expertise in pediatric eye care has been highly praised, with positive results in correcting children's vision issues, such as Amblyopia.
440 St Charles Ct #1008, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Dr. Tartibi receives high marks for her attentive, personalized care and ability to clearly explain eye care. Her expertise fine-tuning prescriptions also draws praise. However, some express frustration with the new ownership, citing problems scheduling appointments, lack of communication, and declining service quality.
- Personalized service with extra care and responsiveness to patient needs.
- Excellent optometrist who knows how to tweak prescriptions to fit patients properly.
- Courteous and professional staff.
Frutchey Eye Care
157 Towne Center Blvd, Sanford, FL 32771
Frutchey Eye Care patients compliment the thorough exams, friendly staff, advanced technology, and welcoming atmosphere. Drs. Mark and Sandra Frutchey earn consistent praise for their professional, caring approach to eye health. Most reviews highly recommend this practice.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Frutchey Eye Care are thorough and comprehensive. The doctors take the time to explain the results of each test and provide clear explanations about the state of the eyes and available options for care.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: The doctors at Frutchey Eye Care are praised for their knowledge, professionalism, and friendliness. They make patients feel comfortable and take the time to answer all their questions. The reviews highlight their willingness to explain test results and provide recommendations for eye care.
- Advanced technology and equipment: Reviewers mention that Frutchey Eye Care utilizes advanced medical equipment to scan and examine the eyes. This includes retinal imaging scans and digital eye exams, which help provide more accurate and detailed information about the eyes' health.
5680 Wayside Dr, Sanford, FL 32771
Advanced EyeCare is known for their caring staff who provide thorough exams, assist in finding frames, and offer excellent customer service, especially from Ariana. Some concerns were raised about appointment cancellations and retail experiences during the pandemic, but reviews are positive overall for their knowledgeable doctors and welcoming staff.
- The staff is welcoming, kind, and knowledgeable, providing a positive experience.
- The eye exams are thorough and comprehensive, with state-of-the-art equipment and a doctor who explains everything in easy-to-understand terms.
- The office is beautiful and the optometry staff provides excellent service.
1201 WP Ball Blvd, Sanford, FL 32771
Customers spoke highly of the knowledgeable and personable staff at the eye care center, noting Jennifer, Cheryl, and Dr. Watson. However, some customers expressed concerns regarding long wait times, prescription errors, and difficulty contacting the office.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The team at this eye care center is praised for being personable, helpful, and informative. They take the time to assist customers in finding the perfect frames and ensure a pleasant experience.
- Easy and quick process: Customers appreciate the efficiency of the eye exams and frame selection process at this location. They mention being able to get in and out without spending hours, making it a convenient option for those with little time to spare.
Eagle Vision Eye Care
978 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Eagle Vision Eye Care receives glowing reviews for its caring doctors, Dr. Cal and Dr. Alba Nazario, who take time to educate and meet patients’ needs during thorough exams. Patients praise the friendly, professional staff and quick turnaround for glasses and contacts. The office focuses on eye health and prevention, earning its reputation as a top choice for eye care.
- Caring and patient eye doctors who take the time to answer questions and educate patients on caring for their vision.
- Professional and compassionate staff who address specific concerns and make patients feel comfortable during exams.
- Thorough and in-depth eye exams with state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
Bayhead Eye Centre
820 W Lake Mary Blvd, Sanford, FL 32773
Patients consistently commend Dr. Patel and the staff at Bayhead Eye Centre for their professionalism, patience, and kindness. They value the attentive care, thorough eye exams, and assistance choosing frames. Patients describe a friendly, accommodating staff who create a welcoming environment, especially for children. Overall, Bayhead Eye Centre comes highly recommended for quality eyecare.
- Professional and patient staff: Customers appreciate the professionalism and patience of the staff, especially with children and first-time visitors. They felt comfortable and well-cared for throughout the eye examination process.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The staff is described as friendly, accommodating, and understanding. Customers felt welcomed and at ease during their visits, and the staff was helpful in assisting them with frame selection and addressing any concerns or questions.
- Comprehensive and thorough examinations: Patients praised the thoroughness of the eye examinations and the expertise of the doctors. They felt confident in the care and advice they received, and some mentioned having a long-standing relationship with the center.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.