Best Eye Doctors In Lake City, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lake City Optometrists in Lake City, Lake City, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lake City reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lake City.
Publix Super Market at Lake City Commons
255 NW Commons Loop, Lake City, FL 32055
The reviews for this eye care center do not pertain to the quality of eye exams or vision services. Customers mainly commented on other departments at this Publix supermarket location, including positive feedback about friendly employees, fresh food, and good customer service. However, some clients reported finding hair in prepared food items and issues with out-of-stock inventory. A customer also cited problems with the in-store pharmacy and meat department.
- Friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly and helpful.
- Well-stocked: Customers commented that the eye care center had a wide selection of products and items needed for eye care.
- Clean and organized: Reviewers noted that the eye care center was clean and well-maintained, creating a pleasant shopping experience.
Alachua Family Eye Care
16181 NW US Hwy 441 Unit 140, Alachua, FL 32615
Alachua Family Eye Care receives glowing reviews for Dr. Avonda’s meticulous exams and congenial staff. Patients frequently commend Debbie’s aid in selecting eyewear. The practice is lauded for attentive care, with a reviewer citing their cataract being detected and cured. Alachua Family Eye Care comes highly recommended for comprehensive eye exams and exemplary optical services.
- The team at Alachua Family Eye Care is friendly and pleasant to deal with. They provide a thorough eye exam and take the time to explain everything to the patients.
- The staff at Alachua Family Eye Care is knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to selecting frames and glasses. They ensure a smooth and efficient process from choosing frames to picking up the glasses.
- Patients appreciate the comprehensive and thorough eye exams provided by Dr. Avonda and his team at Alachua Family Eye Care. They are professional, knowledgeable, and make patients feel at ease throughout the entire process.
Lake City Eye Physicians
621 SW Baya Dr Ste 101, Lake City, FL 32025
Dr. Cole receives positive feedback for his friendly, professional, and caring approach. Patients describe personalized care and an efficient office environment. He comes highly recommended for eye care.
- Dr. Cole is highly recommended for eye care needs, especially for families with young children and teens.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, providing excellent service.
- The office environment is welcoming and clean, with little to no wait time.
LaTour Eye Care
23352 W U.S. Hwy 27 #90, High Springs, FL 32643
Dr. LaTour provides friendly, professional eye care and thorough exams. His helpful staff and cozy office impress patients, who appreciate his personal approach.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and polite staff, making patients feel comfortable and respected throughout their visit.
- Good quality eye care and prescriptions: Patients appreciate the thoroughness and expertise of Dr. LaTour, stating that they have received accurate prescriptions for their glasses and improved sight.
- Quick and efficient service: Reviews mention fast and efficient service, with minimal waiting times during appointments and prompt assistance with issues like broken glasses or nose pads.
Charles C. Greene, MD, PhD
789 W Duval St, Lake City, FL 32055
Most reviews praise the eye doctors for their friendly and informative manner. Patients mention the doctors resolved their vision issues and provided reassurance. The professional yet courteous service of the doctors and staff is also appreciated.
- Friendly and informative staff
- Excellent patient care and doctor's expertise
- Polite and professional service
Florida Retina Institute
265 SW Malone St Suite 109, Lake City, FL 32025
The FL Retina Institute is highly regarded for its professional, kind, and attentive doctors, nurses, technicians, and staff. Patients consistently describe receiving excellent eye care at their conveniently located offices.
- Same day appointments available for emergencies.
- Professional, kind, and attentive staff who listen to patients' concerns.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers for their excellent care and staff.
Julie L. Owens, OD
763 SW Main Blvd #101, Lake City, FL 32025
Dr. Owens’s patients commend her compassionate bedside manner and attentive eye exams. Her diligent work led to one patient’s early diagnosis of a concerning medical issue missed by previous doctors. Patients appreciate her thoughtful care and thorough exams.
- Compassionate and thorough eye exams - Dr. Julie Owens takes extra time and listens to patients' concerns, ensuring that all issues are addressed.
- Potential life-saving discoveries - Dr. Owens discovered a serious thyroid condition in one patient that other doctors had missed, potentially saving their life.
Karl Bodendorfer, MD
1615 SW Main Blvd, Lake City, FL 32025
Customers who received eye surgery here reported improved vision. Patients appreciated the successful surgical outcomes.
- Successful vision correction surgeries: Many reviewers have experienced good vision after undergoing surgery at this eye care center, indicating that the center has a track record of successful eye procedures.
- Grateful patients: One common sentiment expressed in the reviews is gratitude. Several individuals thanked the center for their vision improvement, suggesting that the staff and services provided are highly appreciated by patients.
William M. Avonda, OD
105 Grand St NE, Live Oak, FL 32064
Dr. Avonda comes highly recommended for his friendly manner and dedication to optimal vision outcomes. Multiple satisfied patients enthusiastically endorse his services.
- Dr. Avonda is highly recommended by both patients and other healthcare professionals.
- He is dedicated to providing the best visual results for his patients.
Nausheen Khuddus, MD
1615 SW Main Blvd, Lake City, FL 32025
The patient was highly satisfied with the eye care center. They commended the doctor for prioritizing patient comfort and service. The reviewer awarded a top rating of five stars.
- Friendly and comforting atmosphere: The reviewer appreciates the sweet and accommodating nature of the staff, making patients feel happy and comfortable during their visit.
- Patient-centered care: The reviewer notes that the eye care center focuses on making their patients happy and comfortable with themselves, suggesting a personalized and attentive approach to care.
Lake City Vision
295 NW Commons Loop Suite 105, Lake City, FL 32055
Dr. Cole provides attentive eye exams and thoughtful guidance at Lake City Vision. Patients comment on his patience in answering questions and taking care to prescribe correct lenses. His friendly, knowledgeable staff and fair pricing also draw positive remarks. However, one customer cited issues with ill-fitting glasses and poor service. In general, Dr. Cole earns strong recommendations for his diligent exams and quality eyewear.
- Dr. Cole provides thorough and patient eye exams, taking the time to answer all questions and ensure the right prescription is provided.
- The staff at Lake City Vision is friendly and helpful, providing excellent customer service and making patients feel welcome.
- They offer good prices for eyewear and have the capability to make lenses and glasses on the same day, providing convenience for patients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.