Best Eye Doctors In Kissimmee, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Kissimmee Optometrists in Kissimmee, Kissimmee, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Kissimmee reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Kissimmee.
1204 John Young Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL 34741, United States
Despite one negative review citing insurance, service, and care issues, most reviews praise the eye center’s prompt scheduling, attentive staff like Mabel, COVID-19 precautions, friendly and efficient service, swift appointments, range of glasses, and exceptional employees.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, helpful, and providing excellent customer service.
- Efficient and quick service: Several reviews note that the eye exams were done in a timely manner, with minimal waiting time.
- Wide selection of glasses: One review specifically mentions a great selection of glasses, and another review mentions staff members with good taste in frames.
104 W Vine St Suite C, Kissimmee, FL 34741, United States
Customers appreciate the efficient and quick eye exams. Specific staff members like Melitza, Jenna, and Gloria provide excellent customer service. Customers are satisfied with the expertise and help in selecting frames and products. Many recommend this eye care center for exams and glasses.
- Fast and easy eye exams
- Great customer service during eyeglass purchase
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff during eye exams and glasses selection
1011 W Vine St, Kissimmee, FL 34741, United States
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff and comprehensive eye exams. Patients frequently compliment the wide selection of eyewear. A few negative reviews cite high prices on frames or frustration with wait times and customer service.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being sweet, professional, and friendly, creating a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for eye exams and care.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviewers praised the doctors for providing thorough and comprehensive eye exams, ensuring that all aspects of eye health are addressed during the visit.
- Large selection of glasses: Multiple reviews mention a wide variety and great selection of glasses available at the eye care center, giving customers plenty of options to choose from.
1303 E Vine St, Kissimmee, FL 34744, United States
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly, helpful doctors and thorough eye exams. The staff assisting with eyeglasses are praised as patient and attentive. Some negative reviews cite issues with scheduling, wait times, and unprofessionalism from certain staff. Online appointment booking with complete information is advised to avoid cancellation.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, particularly when it comes to the eye exam and selecting glasses. They offer thorough explanations and take the time to address all questions and concerns.
- Good customer service: Some reviews highlight the excellent customer service received at this eye care center. The staff is attentive, professional, and knowledgeable, making customers feel valued and well taken care of.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at this location. The optometrists are praised for being informative and providing detailed explanations about the changes in their vision.
Dr. Manikowski & Associates
3272 John Young Pkwy spc h-17, Kissimmee, FL 34741, United States
The eye care center largely receives positive feedback for professional, thorough doctors who explain exam results and friendly, accommodating staff. However, some customers note high prices for glasses, limited frame selection, and inability to accompany children into exam rooms.
- Doctors take the time to explain eye exam results and answer questions thoroughly.
- The staff is knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive to patients' needs.
- The service is prompt, with short wait times for appointments.
Visionworks Osceola Village
3062 Dyer Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34741, United States
While some had negative experiences with poor customer service and high pricing, many praised the friendliness, efficiency, and thoroughness of the staff, use of latest technology, quick repairs, in-store optometry services, and helpfulness during vision emergencies.
- Fast and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams were quick and thorough, with clear explanations of the results. The use of latest technology also made the exams more comfortable, without the need for dilation.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviewers praised the staff for their kindness and excellent customer service. They were described as communicative, accommodating, and attentive to individual needs.
- Convenient on-site optometrist: The presence of an optometrist within the store was seen as a positive aspect, making it convenient for customers to get their eye exams and purchase glasses in one place.
Premier Vision LLC
703 N Main St, Kissimmee, FL 34744, United States
Multiple reviewers recommend Premier Vision for their professional, thorough eye care from Dr. Sam and her assistant Maria. Patients describe a clean, friendly office with an efficient yet comfortable experience. The practice takes time to educate on eye health and offers a quality selection of eyewear.
- Exceptional care and professionalism: Many reviewers mention the professional treatment they received, including thorough eye exams and clear communication from Dr. Kristine Sam and her staff. Patients appreciate the personalized service and attention to detail.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff at Premier Vision. Patients felt comfortable and valued during their visits, and appreciated the warm and accommodating atmosphere of the office.
- Modern facilities and advanced technology: Reviewers mention the modern and clean office environment, as well as the use of advanced technology in the eye exams. Patients appreciate the up-to-date instruments and equipment used at Premier Vision.
Magruder Eye Institute
2065 E Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL 34743, United States
Many patients reported negative experiences with unhelpful staff, insurance issues, unprofessionalism, and appointments rescheduled without notice, leading to frustration. Some cited concerns with doctor integrity, unsatisfactory surgical results, and financial motivations over health. However, others praised the professional, thorough eye exams, helpful and informative staff, and courteous service. Some felt comfortable and secure, with one highlighting the ‚ÄúAWESOME‚Äù customer service.
- Friendly and thorough staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center were friendly and provided a thorough examination.
- Positive experience with routine eye exam: One review specifically mentioned a positive experience during their annual routine eye exam, praising the care and professionalism of the staff.
Dr. Hajira M. Shujaat and Associates
4795 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746, United States
This eye care center is well-regarded for its knowledgeable doctors and helpful staff, providing quality eye exams and optical services. While most customers had positive experiences, one review mentioned a rushed, subpar exam. In general, this is a recommended eye care provider.
- The eye doctors are informative and take the time to answer questions and address concerns during the eye exam.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and helpful in assisting with frame selection and finding the right glasses.
- The office follows strict sanitizing procedures and practices social distancing, making customers feel safe and comfortable during their visit.
Florida Eye Clinic
2225 N Central Ave, Kissimmee, FL 34741, United States
Most reviews praised the respectful and helpful staff and thorough eye exams by the doctors. However, some cited disorganized receptionists and an incident of rude staff behavior.
- Orderly and respectful eye exams: Customers mentioned that their eye exams were conducted in an orderly manner and that everyone involved in the process was respectful.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many customers appreciated the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff, including the doctors and assistants. They felt well taken care of and had positive interactions with the team.
- Thorough and informative exams: Some customers mentioned that their exams were thorough and that the doctors took the time to explain the testing process and results, leaving them feeling confident in their care.
2376 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34744, United States
Clarkson Eyecare is an experienced clinic praised for superior customer service on warranties and temporary glasses. Dr. Miranda provides thorough eye exams, explaining results and alternatives to bifocals. The professional, friendly staff is particularly patient with children. One reviewer reported delays receiving glasses and unwanted contact.
- Excellent customer service and quick resolution of issues with glasses. The staff at Clarkson Eyecare, particularly Greg, are praised for their exceptional service. They efficiently handle warranty claims and provide temporary replacements while new frames are on the way. Customers appreciate the hassle-free experience and commend them for doing business right.
- Thorough and informative eye exams with knowledgeable doctors. Dr. Whitney Miranda is specifically mentioned as providing one of the most thorough eye exams one reviewer has had in years. She takes the time to explain test results, educate patients on alternative options, and fix previously flawed prescriptions. Reviewers also mention learning about their eye health conditions and progress. Dr. Miranda's expertise and patient communication are highly appreciated.
- Child-friendly environment and patient staff. Parents express their satisfaction with taking their children to Clarkson Eyecare for eye exams. Dr. Miranda is praised for her patience and understanding of toddlers' needs and attention spans. The customer service, particularly from Mr. Greg, is considered patient and accommodating. Parents recommend the clinic for pediatric optometry, and the presence of a nearby Dunkin Donuts adds a treat for the ride home.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.