Best Eye Doctors In Jacksonville, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Jacksonville Optometrists in Jacksonville, Jacksonville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Jacksonville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Jacksonville.
Amit R. Chokshi, M.D.
1325 San Marco Blvd # 900, Jacksonville, FL 32207
Current Specials: Free Consultation
Dr. Chokshi is a compassionate and thorough eye doctor at FL Eye who is highly regarded for his excellent care and commitment to his patients’ well-being. His professional and attentive staff are also appreciated.
- Dr. Chokshi is highly knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate. He takes the time to explain everything and ensures that his patients' needs are met.
- The staff at this eye care center is professional, friendly, and attentive. They are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and addressing any concerns or questions.
- Patients have reported positive outcomes after surgeries performed by Dr. Chokshi, with improved vision and life-changing results.
Jacksonville Eye Center
2001 College St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
Current Specials: Free Consultation
The eye care center provides excellent customer service, according to positive reviews. Patients mentioned attentive doctors who address all concerns. The center helps find ideal contacts and frames. Patients commend Drs. Kovacs and Schnipper for their expertise.
- Super nice and helpful staff, providing unmatchable customer service.
- The doctors genuinely care about their patients and take the time to address concerns and provide undivided attention.
- Dr. Schnipper is highly recommended and considered a genius ophthalmologist for eye surgeries and vision improvement.
Jax Vision Care
201 N Hogan St #100, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Jax Vision Care and Wellness receives mostly positive reviews for their professional, friendly staff and knowledgeable, personable doctors. A few patients reported issues with incorrect prescriptions and delayed lenses, but most praise the eye exam thoroughness and helpful staff.
- Professional and friendly staff: The reviewers consistently mention that the staff at this eye care center is professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. This creates a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients, especially for those who may feel nervous or uncertain during eye exams.
- Selection of frames and products: Multiple reviewers highlight the wide selection of frames and products available at this eye care center. This allows patients to find the perfect eyewear that suits their style and needs.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Reviewers praise the doctors at this eye care center for being thorough, knowledgeable, and taking the time to explain the results of their eye exams. This indicates a high level of expertise and care provided by the doctors.
Riverside Eye and Laser Specialists
1034 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204
The eye care center is well regarded for its comprehensive eye exams, courteous staff, and quality care. Patients frequently cite Dr. Agee as knowledgeable and skilled. The tidy, inviting office also draws praise. In summary, most reviewers enthusiastically recommend this practice for eye exams and treatment.
- Thorough and precise eye exams with explanations of procedures and results.
- Friendly and professional staff who make patients feel comfortable and welcome.
- Knowledgeable and caring ophthalmologist who takes the time to explain everything and answer questions.
Pediatric Eye Consultants of North Florida
245 Riverside Ave Suite 550, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Dr. Duss draws acclaim for performing eye exams on all children, including those with special needs. Patients laud her thoroughness and efficiency. However, some express frustration over long waits, unclear billing, and limited personal interaction with the doctor. On the whole, Dr. Duss and her team come across as caring, knowledgeable professionals devoted to superb eye care.
- Dr. Duss is highly skilled and experienced in conducting eye exams, especially with children, including those with special needs. She is able to make treatments fun and offers incentives, gaining trust from patients and their families.
- The office is well-maintained and kid-friendly, with a waiting room stocked with games, a large fish tank, and tablets to keep children entertained.
- Dr. Duss and her staff provide exceptional patient care, even outside of office hours. They are responsive and accommodating, go above and beyond to address concerns, and provide immediate assistance when needed.
5 Points Eye Associates
2036 Forbes St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for thorough eye exams by Dr. Potochick and a helpful, friendly staff in a clean, modern office. Patients praise the advanced technology like Optomap imaging. However, one patient expressed insurance confusion. Despite this, patients highly recommend the center for its exceptional care.
- Thorough eye exams using the latest technology.
- Friendly and helpful staff who make the process enjoyable.
- Accepts multiple insurances and takes the time to explain insurance coverage.
Ravi R. Patel, M.D.
700-728 Stockton St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
Patients consistently praise Dr. Patel and his staff for their professionalism, kindness, and attentive care. Appointments are prompt, and patients feel respected. Dr. Patel offers clear explanations and tailored recommendations. Procedures yield successful outcomes. Highly recommended for all eye care needs.
- Dr. Patel and his staff provide thorough examinations and take the time to explain findings and recommendations.
- Patients appreciate the professionalism and efficiency of the office, with minimal wait times for appointments and surgeries.
- Many reviewers highly recommend Dr. Patel for eye care, particularly for surgical procedures like cataract surgery and cornea transplant, emphasizing his expertise and successful outcomes.
Kimberly A. Riordan, O.D.
1325 San Marco Blvd # 900, Jacksonville, FL 32207
Dr. Riordan of Florida Eye Specialists receives high marks for her professionalism, expertise, and thorough exams. Some patients report frustration with office staff and insurance issues. Overall, the practice is known for responsive, quality care.
- Excellent patient care, prioritizing safe health concerns to meet COVID guidelines.
- Dr. Riordan is knowledgeable, professional, and thorough in addressing patient needs and concerns.
- The doctors and staff at Florida Eye Specialists are highly responsive, professional, and courteous.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.