Best Eye Doctors In Homosassa, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Homosassa Optometrists in Homosassa, Homosassa, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Homosassa reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Homosassa.
Publix Super Market at Springs Plaza
3942 S Suncoast Blvd, Homosassa, FL 34448
This eye care center has limited reviews available. The majority discuss experiences at a Publix grocery store rather than the eye care center. One review briefly comments on the staff being courteous and attentive to patients’ needs.
- Clean and organized store with a good selection of items.
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide excellent customer service.
Beverly Hills Eye Clinic
3636 N Lecanto Hwy, Beverly Hills, FL 34465
Drs. Newcomer provide excellent eye care in a professional, welcoming office. Patients appreciate the clean, efficient atmosphere and attentive, friendly staff. The comprehensive exams and top-notch customer service lead many to highly recommend this eye care center.
- Excellent care and service: Multiple reviewers mentioned receiving excellent care and service from the moment they walked in until they left. The staff was described as professional, efficient, friendly, and welcoming, creating a pleasant atmosphere for eye exams and eye care.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Reviewers consistently praised the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this location. They mentioned being impressed with the comprehensive testing and detailed explanations provided by Dr. Newcomer and his staff. This attention to detail ensures that patients receive a comprehensive evaluation of their eye health.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The reviews consistently highlight the friendliness and expertise of both the front desk staff and the doctors. Reviewers felt comfortable and well-cared for, with their questions answered and concerns addressed. The staff's attention to detail and ability to make patients feel at ease contributes to a positive experience during eye exams and eye care.
MezMerEyes Optical Part of the True Eye Experts Family
707 N Citrus Ave, Crystal River, FL 34428
The eye care center is highly recommended for their thorough exams performed by knowledgeable staff. Patients describe friendly, patient employees and a wide selection of frames. The modern, clean facility and strong communication earn acclaim.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center, particularly Dr. Chavez, are knowledgeable and conduct thorough eye exams, ensuring a comprehensive assessment of patients' eye health.
- Friendly and attentive staff: The staff at this eye care center are repeatedly praised for being friendly, polite, and attentive. They make patients feel welcome, take the time to answer questions, and provide excellent customer service throughout the entire visit.
- Wide selection of frames: Several reviews highlight the wide selection of frames available at this eye care center, specifically for women. Patients appreciate the variety of options, making it easier to find the perfect pair of glasses that suit their preferences.
Perich Eye Center
5363 Spring Hill Dr, Spring Hill, FL 34606
Patients praise the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center, singling out Dr. Miller as an excellent optometrist who takes time to explain procedures thoroughly. Reviewers appreciate the professional, attentive service they receive here, with many mentioning the successful treatments and positive outcomes.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center were friendly and helpful, creating a positive and welcoming environment for patients.
- Thorough eye exam: Several reviewers praised the eye exams they received at the center, mentioning that the doctors were knowledgeable and took the time to explain their diagnoses and treatments. This suggests that the center provides thorough and comprehensive eye exams for their patients.
Homosassa Eye Clinic
4564 S Suncoast Blvd, Homosassa, FL 34446
The eye care center is highly regarded for its professional, helpful staff, thorough exams, and efficient, friendly service. Patients commend the knowledgeable, patient doctors and attentive, informative staff. The clinic comes well recommended for examinations and optical needs.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the professionalism of the staff and the thoroughness of the eye exams offered at the eye care center.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff: Reviewers appreciate the knowledge and expertise of the optometrists and staff members at the eye care center. They mention that the staff takes their time to address all concerns and answer questions.
- Friendly and efficient service: The staff is described as friendly, polite, and efficient. Reviewers feel comfortable and welcomed during their visits to the eye care center.
3922 S Suncoast Blvd, Homosassa Springs, FL 34448
Customers report positive experiences with the friendly, attentive staff at this eye care center, particularly Glynis. The doctors take time with patients, including children. Limited frame selection and occasional appointment cancellations are noted as areas for improvement.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention the helpful and friendly staff, particularly mentioning individuals like Glynis Rector, who go above and beyond to ensure satisfaction.
- Great with kids: The eye care center is praised for their ability to keep children occupied and comfortable during eye exams, making it an ideal place for families.
- Patient and encouraging: The staff is patient and encouraging with first-time contact lens wearers, providing support and instilling confidence.
Brian L. Weber, OD
2707 Forest Rd, Spring Hill, FL 34607
Dr. Weber provides professional, thorough eye care with expertise. His friendly, helpful staff give comprehensive exams and carefully fit glasses. Patients recommend Dr. Weber for his accuracy, attentiveness, and commitment to eye health.
- Highly experienced and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that Dr. Weber provides comprehensive and thorough eye exams, ensuring that patients receive the best possible care for their vision needs.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers commend the staff for their friendliness, professionalism, and helpfulness in assisting with frame selection and making appointments. The office is also described as clean and welcoming.
Visionworks Coastal Landing
13217 Cortez Blvd, Brooksville, FL 34613
VisionWorks is highly rated for its knowledgeable, personable eye doctors who provide quality exams and fast eyeglass repairs. Customers commend the staff for professionalism and helpfulness. A small number of reviews cite negative experiences like rushed appointments, inadequate customer service regarding prescriptions, and unnecessary charges. In general, most customers strongly recommend VisionWorks.
- Efficient and timely service: Customers mention that they were able to get their eyeglasses repaired quickly and received a complete eye exam with minimal wait time.
- Knowledgeable and personable doctors: Several reviews highlight the expertise and friendliness of the doctors, who ensure a comprehensive examination and make the experience comfortable for patients.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers mention the outstanding customer service provided by the staff, who are helpful in selecting glasses, adjusting frames, and addressing any concerns with patience and professionalism.
Opti-mart Inverness – A Sight360 Company
2637 E Gulf to Lake Hwy b1, Inverness, FL 34453
Dr. Day receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for his expertise in diagnosing serious conditions through comprehensive eye exams. Many patients express gratitude for his attentive care and helpful staff. A few negative reviews cite issues with customer service, staff professionalism, and phone accessibility. Overall, patients rate the quality of Dr. Day’s care very highly, though some administrative aspects of the practice may need improvement.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctor (Dr. Day) who has accurately diagnosed serious medical conditions during eye exams, potentially saving lives.
- Polite and helpful front desk staff, as well as knowledgeable opticians who provide excellent customer service.
- Professional and attentive optometrists who pay attention to detail and correct issues with previous prescriptions from other optometrists.
Glasses 2Day @ Citrus Vision
2332 Hwy 44 W, Inverness, FL 34453
Citrus Vision customers highly recommend their exceptional eye care services, with praise for the informative exams, friendly staff, and knowledgeable doctors. While most experiences were overwhelmingly positive, especially regarding Dr. Cook and Susie, one review mentioned lack of care communicating a potential eye health issue. Still, Citrus Vision emerges as a top choice for eye exams and eye care.
- Fantastic customer service: The receptionist and staff are friendly, polite, and knowledgeable, providing a great experience during the eye exam process.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Patients mention that the eye exams at Citrus Vision are comprehensive and detailed, with the optometrist taking the time to explain everything and answer questions. Dr. Cook is specifically praised for his professionalism and extensive knowledge.
- Easy appointment scheduling and minimal wait times: Reviewers mention that they were able to easily schedule appointments and that there was little to no waiting time during their visits.
Opti-mart Crystal River – A Sight360 Company
1661 SE US Hwy 19, Crystal River, FL 34429
The majority of reviews for this eye care center commend the friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean facilities, and high-quality products. A few mention rude doctors, unexpected charges, and incorrect prescriptions. In general, patients appreciate the center’s thorough eye exams, professional service, and competitive prices.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide thorough eye exams.
- Competitive prices and a good selection of frames for glasses.
- Covid-safe practices were implemented during the eye exam.
Stamp, Thomas P OD
6244 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, FL 34613
Dr. Stamp diagnosed a retinal tear during an attentive exam, preventing potential eye damage. Patients praise Dr. Stamp’s expertise, patience, and accurate diagnoses. The professional, caring staff and friendly office receive positive reviews, with one grandmother reporting their grandchild enjoyed the visit. Patients rate this as the best eye care in decades.
- Highly skilled and attentive doctors: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for their doctors’ ability to accurately diagnose and provide appropriate care. One review specifically mentioned how a doctor was able to spot a retinal tear and promptly refer the patient to a surgeon, saving their retina.
- Professional and caring service: Reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center was both professional and caring. One reviewer even mentioned that their granddaughter loved the experience.
- Friendly office environment: One reviewer described the office as friendly, indicating that the overall atmosphere of the eye care center is welcoming and comfortable.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.