Best Eye Doctors In Gulf Breeze, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Gulf Breeze Optometrists in Gulf Breeze, Gulf Breeze, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Gulf Breeze reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Gulf Breeze.
Bell & Terrezza Optical – Fairfield
800 N Fairfield Dr, Pensacola, FL 32506
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly, professional staff and comprehensive eye exams. While a few patients noted trouble finding the office or selecting eyewear, most describe a quality experience and recommend the practice for exams and glasses.
- Friendly and personable staff
- Efficient and timely appointments
- Thorough and informative eye exams
Eyeglasses Pensacola – Fifty Dollar Eye Guy
5328 N Davis Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32503
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for helpful staff, efficient exams, though some customers faced billing and prescription issues.
- Excellent customer care and advice: Multiple reviewers specifically mentioned receiving great customer care and advice at this eye care center. Customers appreciated the input provided by the staff and felt that their needs were listened to and understood.
- Efficient and streamlined eye exams: Many reviewers commended the eye center for providing quick and straightforward eye exams. They mentioned that they were able to get their eye exams done without having to wait for a long time.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Several reviewers praised the team at this eye care center for being knowledgeable, friendly, and patient. They had positive experiences with staff members who helped them select frames and provided information about pricing and insurance coverage.
Terrezza Optical Palafox
113 Palafox Pl, Pensacola, FL 32502
Terrezza Optical provides excellent customer service and caring staff. Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams by qualified doctors. The optical offers a wide selection of frames. Reviews overwhelmingly recommend Terrezza for comprehensive eye care.
- Outstanding customer service: Multiple reviews highlight the excellent customer service provided by the staff at this eye care center, emphasizing their friendliness, attentiveness, and prioritization of patient care.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviewers mention that they had thorough and informative eye exams, with the optometrists taking the time to address their concerns and answer their questions. This suggests a commitment to providing comprehensive eye care.
- Wide variety of frames and eyewear: Several reviews mention the extensive selection of frames and eyewear available at this eye care center, making it easy for customers to find the perfect pair of glasses.
Center For Sight
6190 N Davis Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32504
The first review takes issue with the Center for Sight’s dismissal of scheduled appointments and unexpected closures without patient notification. The next reviews commend the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff and doctors during exams. Others cite problems like insurance claim denials, long waits, rude staff, and unavailability for existing patients.
- Professional and friendly staff
- Thorough and detailed eye exams
- Prompt and efficient service
5100 N 9th Ave Ofc E503A, Pensacola, FL 32504
Overall, reviewers indicate satisfaction with this eye care center, citing Dr. Nolton’s expertise, prompt service, and professional environment. Though one reviewer encountered issues with staff at a LensCrafters location, they still recommend Dr. Nolton for exams. Multiple reviewers praise specific staff like Daniel and Joseph for excellent customer service in selecting eyewear.
- Professional environment and prompt service: The eye care center provides a professional environment and offers prompt services, making the visit a great experience for customers.
- Expert optometrist: Dr. Nolton demonstrates expertise in her job by clearly explaining procedures and anticipating concerns. Customers feel confident that their eyes are in safe hands.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The staff at the eye care center are described as knowledgeable, helpful, and willing to go above and beyond to assist customers. They provide excellent customer service and make each customer feel welcome.
Fifty Dollar Eye Guy
6700 N Davis Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32504
Customers appreciate the professional and thorough eye exams provided by the doctors at this eye care center. They value the helpful staff who assist with frame selection for a smooth experience. While some delays in glasses delivery occurred, most reviews praised the high quality eye care and customer service.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location were conducted by knowledgeable and professional optometrists who took their time to ensure customer satisfaction with their prescriptions.
- Wide selection of frames and helpful staff: Reviewers appreciated the assistance they received in selecting frames. The staff was described as knowledgeable, helpful, and patient in helping customers find the perfect pair of glasses.
- Good value for money: Many reviewers mentioned that the prices at this eye care center were reasonable and offered good value for money, especially for eyeglasses.
5101 N Davis Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32503
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their professional, friendly, knowledgeable staff, especially Dr. Jill Anderson. However, a couple negative reviews cite unprofessional conduct from some employees and a rude doctor, as well as overcharging concerns.
- Professional, pleasant, and informative staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as professional, pleasant, and informative. They greet customers warmly, explain procedures clearly, and address any concerns.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are praised for their knowledge and friendliness. They perform thorough eye exams and provide recommendations based on individual needs.
- Short wait times and efficient service: Many reviewers mention short wait times and efficient service at this eye care center. From the receptionist to the technicians to the doctors, the staff is described as prompt and efficient.
Dr. Nolton & Associates
5100 N 9th Ave Office E503a, Pensacola, FL 32504
Customers enthusiastically recommend this eye care center, with widespread acclaim for Dr. Nolton’s expertise and compassion. Advanced technology facilitates thorough exams, and the office’s cleanliness and no-pressure sales approach are appreciated. One negative review cited an unpleasant encounter with an unprofessional staff member; otherwise, customers praise the friendly service and plan to return.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center, including the receptionist and technicians, were friendly, kind, and helpful.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Reviewers appreciated the thoroughness and technology used in the eye exams, as well as the time taken by the doctors to explain the results and answer questions.
- Excellent customer service: Customers praised the professionalism, care, and thoughtfulness of the staff, highlighting their willingness to address concerns and provide a positive experience.
Ullman Eye Consultants
5528 N Davis Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32503, United States
Dr. Ullman provides quality eye care. Patients report thorough explanations of conditions, treatments and post-op care. His professional and kind staff create a positive experience.
- Dr. Ullman and his staff are highly praised for their thorough and professional eye exams and surgeries. Patients mention that Dr. Ullman takes the time to explain procedures, answer questions, and ensure their comfort throughout the process.
- The office staff at Ullman Eye Consultants is consistently described as friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate the professional and welcoming atmosphere.
- Patients have experienced successful outcomes from their eye surgeries, with many achieving improved vision without the need for glasses. They are pleased with the results and express gratitude for the exceptional care provided by Dr. Ullman and his team.
Dr. C Vision Care
9409 US-98 Ste. 50, Pensacola, FL 32506
Patients appreciate the thorough, friendly service at this eye care center, known for its helpful staff and wide frame selection. While most praise Dr. C’s expertise, one reviewer reported discomfort and inappropriate conversation during the exam.
- Thorough and complete eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Great selection of frames and sunglasses
- Accommodating and sensitive to needs
- Excellent customer service
- Affordable prices for exams and eyewear
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.