Best Eye Doctors In Brooksville, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Brooksville Optometrists in Brooksville, Brooksville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Brooksville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Brooksville.
Perich Eye Center
5363 Spring Hill Dr, Spring Hill, FL 34606
The eye care center is highly recommended for its exceptional patient care and professional service. Patients describe Dr. Miller as a wonderful optometrist who performs thorough exams and offers clear explanations. His upbeat attitude helps put patients at ease. The friendly, helpful staff provides detailed eye exams and efficient service, addressing patient concerns and making them feel comfortable.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center are friendly and provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Numerous reviews highlight that the eye exams conducted at the center are comprehensive and provide valuable information about the patient's eye health.
- Skilled and knowledgeable doctors: Many reviews praise the doctors at the center for their expertise, patience, and ability to explain diagnoses and treatment options clearly.
HCA Florida Oak Hill Family Care – Veterans
44 Veterans Ave, Brooksville, FL 34601
Patients appreciated the caring and thorough doctors at this eye care center, singling out Dr. Gonzalez, Dr. McCarthy, and Reji Augustine for providing excellent care. They also valued the friendly and helpful staff, including those at the front desk. Overall, patients felt safe and well cared for.
- Caring and thorough doctors and staff
- Telehealth appointments available and efficient in providing prescriptions
- Front desk staff goes above and beyond in customer service
Brian L. Weber, OD
2707 Forest Rd, Spring Hill, FL 34607
Dr. Weber’s eye care practice garners praise for attentive service. Patients commend the doctor’s nimble expertise during comprehensive exams. His staff helps guide patients through selecting accurately fitted lenses. The recently updated facilities impress with skilled care in pristine surroundings. Dr. Weber ensures patients understand procedures and asks if any questions remain. This practice comes highly recommended for meeting vision and eyewear needs.
- Professional and highly experienced staff and physician
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff for frame selection and fitting
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
13128 Cortez Blvd, Spring Hill, FL 34613
While some reviews mentioned issues with scheduling and staff rudeness, most highlighted exceptional service, fast appointments, thorough exams, quality products, and affordability at America’s Best eye care centers. Particular praise went to the professional, family-focused care from the General Manager.
- Professional service and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at this eye care center. They provide great customer service and treat patients with kindness and respect.
- Affordable prices: Many reviewers mention that this eye care center offers affordable prices, even without insurance. They appreciate the competitive prices for eye exams, glasses, and contacts.
- Knowledgeable and helpful optometrists: Several reviews highlight the expertise of the optometrists at this location. Patients feel that they received thorough and accurate eye exams and appreciate the knowledge and guidance provided by the optometrists.
Visionworks Coastal Landing
13217 Cortez Blvd, Brooksville, FL 34613
Reviews of this eye care center are largely positive, with patients commending the warm assistance of staff, especially Amanda, Jeanine, Stacy and Sarah. Patients also speak highly of Dr. Saint John and Dr. Muniz for their attentive eye exams. The few critical reviews cite inconsistent customer service, hurried appointments and challenges getting contact lens prescriptions filled onsite.
- Efficient and quick service: Many reviews mention the quick and efficient service they received, from repairing glasses to getting an eye exam.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Customers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, mentioning specific employees by name who provided excellent assistance during the visit.
6244 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, FL 34613
The eye care center has received mixed feedback. Some customers commended the friendly, professional staff, efficient service, and affordable eyewear. They appreciated the easy online scheduling and thorough eye exams. However, others cited concerning instances of unprofessional conduct, pressure tactics to upgrade glasses, poorly-fitting glasses, and problems with insurance claims.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being kind, pleasant, and going above and beyond to assist customers.
- Affordable options: Many customers appreciate the availability of affordable glasses and clear pricing on more budget-friendly options.
- Easy and smooth experiences: Several reviews mention fast and pleasant experiences, from scheduling appointments to completing exams and picking up glasses.
Advanced Cataract & Glaucoma Care, PLLC
7515 State Rd 52 STE 104, Hudson, FL 34667
Dr. Sheets provides quality eye care with thorough exams and attentive service. Patients comment on the professional yet friendly staff, efficient office flow, and minimal wait times. His expertise in glaucoma treatment is particularly noted.
- Quick and detailed eye exams with easy to understand explanations.
- Efficient and professional office with short wait times and first-class equipment.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide thorough exams and give feedback on eye care and prevention.
Florida Eye Clinic
2460 FL-50, Clermont, FL 34711
The reviews for these eye doctor offices vary. Patients praised the staff’s efficiency and friendliness, highlighting Drs. Levando and Shoss. They appreciated thorough exams and communication in English and Spanish. However, many expressed dissatisfaction with long wait times for appointments and products. Some felt rushed during appointments and cited poor receptionist-doctor communication. A few had negative experiences with phone transfers, appointment cancellations, and incorrect billing. Though the staff was friendly, some felt their time was not respected.
- Short wait times: Many reviewers commented positively on the short wait times at this eye care center. This means you won't have to spend a long time waiting to be called back for your appointment.
- Efficient eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were done quickly and efficiently. This indicates that the doctors are able to complete the necessary tests and assessments in a timely manner.
- Friendly staff: Despite some negative experiences, a few reviewers mentioned that the front staff and some of the nurses were friendly and helpful. This suggests that there are pleasant interactions with the staff members at this eye care center.
Joseph C Militello, MD
120 Medical Blvd Ste 101, Spring Hill, FL 34609
The majority of reviews for Dr. Militello at The Eye Center commend his caring, thorough approach and helpful, efficient staff. Patients highlight successful treatments like resolving infections and cataract surgery. A few mention issues with scheduling and customer service, but overall patients recommend Dr. Militello for his expertise and exceptional care.
- Excellent quality of service: Many reviewers were impressed with the overall quality of service they received at this eye care center. The staff was described as warm, professional, and respectful, and the doctor took the time to discuss findings and answer questions.
- Positive outcomes: Several reviewers reported positive outcomes from their eye care and eye exams at this center. From improved vision to successful treatment of eye infections and cataracts, patients expressed gratitude for the care they received and the positive results they obtained.
- Caring and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center was consistently praised for their kindness, professionalism, and knowledge. Reviewers appreciated the staff's ability to make them feel comfortable and well-cared for throughout their visits.
Newsom Eye – Brooksville
14543 Cortez Blvd #6065, Brooksville, FL 34613
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback for Dr. Jachimowicz’s attentive care and comprehensive exams. Patients complimented the professional, capable staff. A few reviewers cited misdiagnoses and prescription problems. Some shared positive experiences with cataract and LASIK procedures.
- Based on the reviews, here are the pros for the eye care center:
- Experienced and professional staff: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff provided excellent and professional patient care, making them feel comfortable throughout the eye exam process.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Reviewers appreciated that the eye exams were thorough and detailed, with the optometrist taking their time to answer all questions and address concerns.
- Successful surgeries: Multiple reviewers expressed satisfaction with their cataract and LASIK surgeries, noting improved vision and positive outcomes.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.