Best Eye Doctors In Boynton Beach, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Boynton Beach Optometrists in Boynton Beach, Boynton Beach, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Boynton Beach reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Boynton Beach.
Aaron R. Mallie, OD
701 N Congress Ave #2, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Customers value the professional and knowledgeable staff at this eye care center. Dr. Mallie thoroughly explains eye exams and patiently answers questions. Appointments run on time, and glasses and contacts can be ordered in one convenient visit.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff
- Friendly and accommodating service
- Thorough and efficient eye exams
- Convenient one-stop-shop for eye exams and ordering glasses/contacts
- Clear and understandable explanations during the exam
- Excellent customer service and personalized care
- Welcoming and clean office environment.
Michael L. Levine M.D., F.A.C.S.
3280 Old Boynton Road, Boynton Beach, FL 33436
This eye care center receives mostly glowing reviews for its professional, knowledgeable doctors and friendly, attentive staff. Patients frequently praise the efficient, thorough eye exams. However, one patient felt rushed and wished they had received pricing information upfront. Despite this isolated complaint, most patients highly recommend this practice for its exceptional service.
- Professional and engaging doctors
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Efficient and thorough eye exams
- Prompt and timely appointments
- Clear communication and explanation of results
- Excellent care and support throughout the process
- Highly recommended for cataract surgery
Palm Beach Eyes
640 Boynton Beach Blvd, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Palm Beach Eyes receives positive feedback for its friendly, efficient staff and knowledgeable, thorough doctors like Dr. Pientka. However, some patients expressed dissatisfaction with the eyeglass selection and an unwillingness of the image specialist to consider opinions. Despite these issues, most praise the eye exams and patient care.
- Efficient and friendly front office staff.
- Thorough and patient eye exams with knowledgeable doctors.
- Evening appointments available to accommodate work schedules.
- Friendly and accommodating staff for kids' eye exams.
- Up-to-date technology for comprehensive eye exams.
Florida Eye Microsurgical Institute – Boynton Beach
1717 Woolbright Rd, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Florida Eye Institute receives positive reviews for their professional, skilled doctors and technicians. Patients describe the staff as friendly, caring and helpful. Many appreciate the comprehensive eye exams and enjoyable experiences at their clinics.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center were polite, friendly, and knowledgeable. They made the whole experience pleasant and treated patients with respect and compassion.
- Excellent doctors and technicians: Several reviewers mentioned that the doctors and technicians at the eye care center were skilled, competent, and provided a thorough examination. They were appreciated for their expertise and professionalism.
- Convenient and efficient service: Some reviewers mentioned that the eye care center provided efficient service, with minimal wait times and a streamlined process. The staff were praised for their ability to manage appointments and make patients feel valued.
Dr. Stan Choi
650 N Congress Ave, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Dr. Choi’s patients speak highly of his professionalism, expertise, and friendly manner. The staff receives consistent praise for being courteous and helpful. Patients report a comfortable, efficient exam experience. Many intend to return and happily refer Dr. Choi for quality eye care.
- Dr. Choi is knowledgeable, thorough, and attentive during eye exams.
- The staff is friendly and professional, providing excellent customer service.
- The location is clean and convenient, with short wait times for appointments.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
366 N Congress Ave, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Customers report an overwhelmingly positive experience at this eye care center, highlighting the friendly and efficient staff, quick and thorough eye exams, and assistance choosing frames and lenses. While a few customers have complained of incorrect prescriptions and rude service from some employees, most recommend this place for affordable eye care and eyewear.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful staff members who assisted them during their eye exams and glasses selection process. Staff members such as Dorene, Noel, Marlene, and Stuart were specifically mentioned for providing excellent customer service.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers commended the eye care center for providing fast and efficient service. They mentioned being seen promptly for their eye exams, receiving their glasses and contacts earlier than expected, and having a quick but thorough eye exam.
- Affordable prices: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye care center offered affordable prices for glasses and contacts. They highlighted the cost savings of joining the eye care club, which provided discounts on glasses and contacts, as well as free eye exams for three years.
Elite Vision Care
3615 W Woolbright Rd, Boynton Beach, FL 33436
The majority of reviews for this eye care center are positive, commending the staff and doctors for their thorough exams, friendly service, and insurance expertise. However, there was one negative review citing rude front desk service and problems with Medicaid coverage.
- Excellent staff and doctors who provide thorough and detailed eye exams, taking the time to explain the results and answer questions.
- The staff is friendly, caring, and professional, creating a comfortable and pleasant experience for patients.
- The eye care center offers a wide range of frames and doesn't pressure customers to purchase more expensive options, allowing for a personalized and low-pressure eyewear selection process.
Cortes Eye Care
706 Boynton Beach Blvd, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
The eye care center receives largely positive feedback, with Dr. Cortes impressing patients as an intelligent, compassionate physician delivering efficient, pleasant care. A few negative reviews cite long wait times, disinterested staff, and unclean facilities.
- Efficient and pleasant experience with no wait time for eye exams.
- Compassionate and knowledgeable doctors who take the time to answer questions and make patients feel comfortable.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide excellent service and are helpful in choosing products.
701 N Congress Ave #2, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Customers praised the quick, efficient service and friendly help choosing glasses. However, some complained of rude, unprofessional staff and problems with lost frames or delayed orders.
- Quick, efficient, and friendly service: Many reviewers mentioned that the doctor and staff at this eye care center were quick, efficient, friendly, and welcoming. They appreciated the personalized attention they received during the eye exam and when shopping for glasses.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Several reviewers mentioned specific staff members who provided excellent service, such as Justin and Robert. They were described as top-notch, knowledgeable, patient, and providing honest and sincere help when it came to choosing glasses or making purchases.
- Good customer service and problem-solving: Despite some negative experiences with specific employees, other reviewers praised the overall customer service and problem-solving abilities of the staff. They mentioned that employees like Barry and Cynthia were courteous, helpful, and went above and beyond to address any issues with insurance coverage, ordering glasses, or making repairs.
650 N Congress Ave, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Most reviews of this eye care center commend the doctors for their professionalism and attentiveness during exams. The staff is also praised for being accommodating. However, a few negative reviews cite rude front desk staff and a doctor being discourteous with a child patient. While the quality of care seems high overall, some customers report inconsistent service experiences.
- Quick and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers praised the eye care center for providing the quickest and most thorough eye exams they have experienced in years. The process was seamless and efficient, allowing patients to get their new prescriptions and recommendations without wasting time.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and professional nature of the staff at the eye care center. From the front desk to the optical specialists, the employees were praised for their kindness, professionalism, and willingness to provide helpful information and guidance.
- Excellent customer service: The eye care center received positive remarks for its excellent customer service. Reviewers mentioned that the staff went above and beyond to assist them, offering personalized attention, answering questions about insurance, helping with frame selection, and even replacing missing parts on glasses at no charge.
Eye Care Professionals PA
3200 Old Boynton Road, Boynton Beach, FL 33436
Customers consistently express satisfaction with the friendly and professional service of Dr. Barbara George and her staff at Eye Care Professionals. Patients value the comprehensive eye exams using state-of-the-art equipment and fair pricing. The knowledgeable, patient and courteous staff aim to provide a positive experience for every customer.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center were cordial, kind, and took their time during the eye exam. They were also described as professional and thorough.
- Affordable prices: One review highlights that the eye care center's prices were at least 50% cheaper than their previous eye doctor. This indicates that the center offers competitive and affordable pricing for eye exams and eye care services.
- Accommodating appointments: Several reviews mention that the eye care center was able to accommodate patients' scheduling needs, even on short notice. This demonstrates their willingness to go above and beyond to provide timely care for their patients.
706 Boynton Beach Blvd, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
The many positive reviews commend the eye exams for their professionalism and thoroughness. They also appreciate the knowledgeable, helpful staff and wide selection of stylish, affordable eyewear. However, a small number cite frustrations with long waits, disorganization, and occasionally unhelpful staff.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Professional, knowledgeable, and patient staff with excellent customer service skills.
- Wide selection of eyeglasses at great prices.
South Florida Vision
9851-B S Military Trail, Boynton Beach, FL 33436
The staff’s friendliness and attentiveness are highlighted in positive reviews, along with thorough eye exams. Helpfulness with paperwork is appreciated. Doctors are commended for putting children at ease during exams and addressing patients’ vision concerns.
- Based on the reviews, here are the pros for the eye care center:
- The staff is friendly and helpful, providing a welcoming environment.
- Some customers had positive experiences with the eye doctors, finding them reassuring and thorough in their exams.
The Quantum Optical
1034 Gateway Blvd Ste 106, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
Customers enthuse about Quantum Optical’s attentive and knowledgeable doctors, reasonable prices, and outstanding selection of frames. The staff earns praise for friendliness without pressure. Patients feel well cared for during thorough exams and when choosing perfectly fitted glasses. This exceptional eye care makes Quantum Optical a top choice.
- Excellent service: Customers praise the eye exams and the professionalism of the doctors and staff, emphasizing their knowledge, thoroughness, and helpfulness.
- Wide selection: Reviewers mention the great variety of frames, contact lenses, and brands available at the eye care center.
- Affordable prices: Many customers appreciate the reasonable prices offered for eye exams, frames, and lenses, including discounts and Groupon deals.
Eye & Ear of Palm Beaches – Boynton Beach
514 E Woolbright Rd, Boynton Beach, FL 33435
Dr. Cohen at Boynton Eye & Ear receives glowing reviews for his thorough exams, no-pressure approach, and congenial manner. The knowledgeable, efficient staff also draws praise. One reviewer cites long waits, surprise fees, and a data breach, but most patients report a professional, caring experience.
- Dr. Cohen is thorough and does not try to upsell items during eye exams.
- Competent, knowledgeable, and friendly staff.
- Professional and friendly service, with a focus on patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Quick and efficient service, with minimal wait times.
- Dr. Cohen takes his time during eye exams and patiently answers all questions.
- The office staff is courteous, patient, and knowledgeable.
- The staff is understanding and provides immediate attention and relief for eye-related issues.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.