Best Eye Doctors In Bonita Springs, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Bonita Springs Optometrists in Bonita Springs, Bonita Springs, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Bonita Springs reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Bonita Springs.
All Saints Eye Center
1435 Immokalee Rd, Naples, FL 34110
The eye care center received positive feedback for timely appointments, comprehensive exams, and helpful staff. Patients praised specific doctors for their expertise, professionalism, and compassion. Overall, reviewers found the center welcoming, organized, and efficient.
- Prompt and efficient service: Multiple reviews mention being seen in a timely manner and receiving thorough eye exams and treatments.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers frequently praised the doctors and technicians for their expertise, professionalism, and ability to make patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Comprehensive eye care: The eye center offers a range of services, from routine eye exams to specialized treatments, and has specialists available on staff for various eye issues.
Quigley Eye Specialists
3940 Via Del Rey, Bonita Springs, FL 34134
The eye care center receives highly positive reviews overall. Patients praise the thorough and professional eye doctors and staff for creating a friendly, caring atmosphere. Reviews mention attentive doctors who show concern for patients’ needs. While some note occasional appointment delays, most find the positive experience outweighs this. However, a few negative reviews cite issues with follow-up care and appointment scheduling.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and comprehensive, with doctors taking the time to address concerns and answer questions.
- Friendly and caring staff: Reviewers consistently note the friendly and caring nature of the staff, including doctors, nurses, and front desk personnel. The warm and professional environment contributes to a positive experience.
- Good patient follow-up and communication: Several reviews highlight the staff's attentiveness and willingness to address patient concerns and answer questions. They are described as informative and dedicated to providing excellent care.
Eye Care of Southwest Florida
2382 Immokalee Rd, Naples, FL 34110
Eye Care of Southwest Florida is praised for Dr. Jill Sagona’s expertise, professionalism and kindness. Patients appreciate the thorough exams, contact lens trials and detailed explanations. The friendly, helpful staff makes patients feel comfortable. One review criticized insurance handling but most highly recommend the practice.
- Thorough and extensive eye exams: Customers consistently mention the comprehensive nature of the eye exams at this eye care center. The doctors take the time to conduct a detailed assessment and address any concerns, even identifying issues that were missed by other eye doctors.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff at the eye care center, including Dr. Jill Sagona and her husband Sam, are highly praised for their knowledge, professionalism, and kindness. They provide detailed explanations and make patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Welcoming atmosphere: The eye care center is described as welcoming, clean, and with a friendly front desk staff. They take the time to explain everything to patients, including children, making the experience pleasant for all.
860 111th Ave N, Naples, FL 34108
Overall, patients are very satisfied with the professionalism, thorough exams, knowledgeable doctors, and modern, efficiently-run facilities at this highly rated eye care center. Both Dr. Collins and Dr. Friedrichs come highly recommended for their expertise, attentive care, and positive outcomes. While a few negative reviews exist, the predominant experience is an excellent one.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional staff: The doctors and support staff at this eye care center are praised for their expertise, professionalism, and caring attitude. They take the time to answer questions, explain procedures, and provide thorough eye exams.
- Efficient and well-run office: Patients appreciate the modern office environment and efficient operations at this eye care center. The appointment process is smooth, waiting times are reasonable, and the staff is attentive, responsive, and courteous throughout the visit.
- Excellent results and patient care: Many patients report positive experiences with cataract removal and other eye surgeries performed by the doctors at this practice. The whole process is described as professional, and patients have achieved excellent vision outcomes. The staff and doctor take the time to listen to concerns, explain each step and procedure, and provide valuable feedback during the diagnosis.
1201 Piper Blvd #22, Naples, FL 34110
Customers speak highly of Dr. Yontz’s expertise and meticulous eye exams. They find the staff friendly, helpful, and professional. While some had issues with the optical department, their concerns were ultimately resolved. Patients appreciate the office’s congenial environment and attentive service.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews praise Dr. Yontz for her knowledge and the thoroughness of her eye exams.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Reviewers mention that the staff, including Dr. Yontz, is friendly, accommodating, and takes the time to answer questions and make patients feel comfortable.
- Professional and compassionate care: Many reviews highlight the professionalism and compassion of the staff at this eye care center. Patients felt well taken care of and appreciated the personal attention they received during their visits.
Estero Eyecare, LLC, Elizabeth M. Gearing, OD, owner/optometrist
8040 Mediterranean Drive, Estero, FL 33928
Dr. Elizabeth Gearing receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for her eye care center, with patients highlighting her professionalism, thorough exams, and clear communication. While wait times and contact lens help could improve per some comments, her staff garners praise for their friendliness and patients overwhelmingly recommend her practice.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that Dr. Gearing provided thorough and detailed eye exams, explaining the results and tests being performed.
- Professional and friendly staff: Many reviewers praised the professionalism, friendliness, and knowledge of the staff at this eye care center.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers appreciated the helpfulness of the staff, from assisting with contact lens orders to helping select glasses that fit well.
3925 Bonita Beach Rd SW, Bonita Springs, FL 34134
Patients speak highly of the knowledgeable and capable staff at this eye care center. Patients comment on the friendly and helpful front desk staff. The doctors are thorough and professional. Appointments run on time in this efficient office. Patients recommend it for eye exams and optical needs.
- Competent and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center were very knowledgeable and explained the eye exams thoroughly. They also mentioned that the staff was professional and efficient.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere: Several reviewers praised the welcoming and friendly atmosphere at this eye care center. They mentioned that the front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and the overall experience was pleasant.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers appreciated the excellent customer service provided by the staff at this eye care center. They mentioned that the staff was caring, kind, attentive, and took the time to listen to their concerns and answer their questions.
Rory D. Brienen, OD – Tyson Eye
3925 Bonita Beach Rd SW, Bonita Springs, FL 34134
Patients were appreciative of the professional and thorough eye exams, especially by Dr. Summerton and Dr. Brienen. They described the staff as polite, helpful and knowledgeable. Prompt service and caring, attentive doctors were praised. The office was noted to be clean with friendly, efficient staff. Many reviewers highly recommended the center and intend on returning.
- Polite and helpful staff
- Professional and thorough eye exams
- Knowledgeable and caring optometrists
- Efficient and prompt service
- Friendly and attentive staff
Scott R. Prickett, O.D.
3940 Via Del Rey, Bonita Springs, FL 34134
The eye care center received overall positive feedback. Patients commended the professional, knowledgeable staff, noting Dr. Prickett’s thorough explanations of treatment plans. Most reviewers were satisfied with their experience and would recommend the center. However, one patient felt the doctor lacked sufficient time and care.
- Excellent and professional service during eye exams and assessments.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who take the time to explain problems and treatment plans.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctor who is concerned about patients' well-being.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.