Best Eye Doctors In Bartow, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Bartow Optometrists in Bartow, Bartow, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Bartow reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Bartow.
3408 Florida Ave S, Lakeland, FL 33803
Patients appreciate the prompt and efficient service, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and comprehensive eye exams using advanced technology at Dr. Farah’s eye care center. The professional, clean, and welcoming facility is recommended for attentive patient care.
- Prompt appointment availability: Customers appreciated being able to schedule their eye exams for the same day and not having to wait too long past their scheduled appointment time.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviews praised the staff, including the doctors and technicians, for their friendliness and professionalism. They were described as thorough, informative, and taking the time to explain the exam process and answer questions.
- COVID-19 safety measures: Patients noted that the eye care center took proper precautions to ensure a safe environment during the COVID-19 pandemic, including cleaning between each patient, wearing masks, and sanitizing equipment.
924 Florida Ave S, Lakeland, FL 33803
Despite scheduling issues, Dr. Hubbell receives positive reviews for his thorough eye exams, friendly manner, and attentiveness to patients’ vision needs. While some patients express dissatisfaction with the optical department, Dr. Hubbell and his professional, helpful staff are repeatedly complimented.
- Dr. Hubbell is an amazing optometrist who conducts thorough eye exams and provides excellent care.
- The office staff and technicians are friendly and professional, making patients feel welcome and comfortable.
- The optical department offers a wide selection of frames and helps patients find glasses that fit and compliment their faces.
- The clinic is clean and follows strict sanitation protocols.
- The wait time for appointments, though occasionally longer than expected, is generally reasonable.
- Many patients have been loyal customers for over 15 years and highly recommend Dr. Hubbell.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
3615 Florida Ave S Suite 460, Lakeland, FL 33803
Customers had largely positive experiences at the eye care center, noting professional and attentive service from staff like Esme and Dr. Lewis. They felt at ease during comprehensive eye exams and were assisted in selecting suitable eyewear. However, some cited impersonal service, limited contact lens training, and confusion over pricing.
- Professional and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and care provided by the staff, specifically mentioning Esme and Dr. Lewis. This indicates that the eye care center has a team that is knowledgeable, attentive, and focused on providing a positive experience for their patients.
- Thorough eye exams: Many reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at this location. Patients mention that they received detailed explanations about their eye health and any issues that were identified during the exam. This suggests that the eye care center prioritizes comprehensive and high-quality eye exams for their patients.
- Helpful and friendly customer service: Several reviews mention the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, specifically mentioning individuals like Selena and Melissa. Customers appreciate the assistance provided in choosing glasses, resolving insurance issues, and finding the best deals. This indicates that the eye care center has a customer-centric approach and strives to provide excellent service to their patients.
3408 Florida Ave S, Lakeland, FL 33803
Most patients had positive experiences with the eye doctors here, describing them as personable and thorough during exams. The sales staff also received praise for their professionalism when assisting with frames. However, a couple reviewers expressed dissatisfaction, feeling rushed or ignored by sales staff. There were also some complaints about delayed orders for glasses and contacts.
- Friendly and helpful sales team: Reviewers consistently praise the sales team for being helpful, patient, and providing excellent customer service in selecting frames and fitting glasses.
- Knowledgeable and personable optometrist: Customers appreciate Dr. Farah's personal approach, thorough explanations during the eye exam process, and her willingness to answer questions and provide information about prescriptions.
- Convenient Sunday availability: One reviewer mentions the convenience of Sunday availability for eye exams, which can be helpful for those with busy schedules.
Dr Alex Cayon Associates
1371 Town Center Dr, Lakeland, FL 33803
Dr. Cayon is consistently described as professional, thorough, and informative. His gentle demeanor puts patients at ease during exams, and he takes time to explain procedures and results. Though waits can be long, most patients report positive experiences with Dr. Cayon and his friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Dr. Cayon is highly professional, thorough, and informative, providing the most thorough eye exams.
- The office staff is attentive, friendly, and courteous, creating a pleasant and welcoming environment.
- Patients appreciate the efficiency of the eye care center, with minimal waiting times and streamlined processes for selecting glasses.
Dr. Alex Cayon
1371 Town Center Dr, Lakeland, FL 33803
Customers speak highly of their experiences at this eye care center, noting attentive service, knowledgeable staff, and comprehensive eye exams. Dr. Laskerr provides personalized care, explaining procedures and answering questions. The welcoming front desk staff make patients feel comfortable. Patients strongly recommend this provider for professional, friendly service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They provide professional and friendly service, greet customers with a smile, and take the time to answer questions and address concerns.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Customers praise the thoroughness and informativeness of the eye exams at this location. The eye doctor takes the time to explain each step of the exam process, ensures that prescriptions are accurate, and even provides visual aids such as pictures to help patients understand their eye health.
- Great customer service: The entire staff at this eye care center is commended for providing great customer service. They are described as patient, accommodating, and willing to go above and beyond to meet customers' needs. The staff works with customers to find the right pair of glasses and ensures a peaceful and pleasant visit.
Eyes on Lakeland
1400 Florida Ave S, Lakeland, FL 33803
Eyes On Lakeland provides thorough, personalized eye exams with friendly doctors who take time to explain everything. The clean, upscale office has knowledgeable, helpful staff and cutting-edge technology. Most patients say it’s the best exam they’ve had, describing the doctors as professional, knowledgeable, and caring. For exceptional service, Eyes On Lakeland is highly recommended.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the doctors' ability to provide comprehensive and detailed eye exams, using cutting-edge technology and explaining the results in a clear and understandable manner.
- Welcoming and friendly staff: Patients consistently praise the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, who take the time to answer questions and make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire eye care process.
- Wide selection of frames: The eye care center offers a diverse range of frames at different price points, allowing customers to find the perfect pair of glasses that suits their style, lifestyle, and budget.
Eye Specialists of Mid Florida, P.A.
202 Magnolia Ave, Auburndale, FL 33823
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its clean, comfortable setting and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients especially appreciate Dr. Hafner’s professionalism and thorough exams. However, some reviews cited long wait times, issues with glasses orders, and poor customer service.
- Friendly and welcoming staff, providing excellent customer service.
- Clean and comfortable atmosphere.
- Dr. Hafner is thorough and informative during eye exams.
1371 Town Center Dr, Lakeland, FL 33803
Customers were largely satisfied with the service, eye exams, and glasses options at this eye care center. While some mentioned longer wait times during appointments, they felt the attentive care made it worthwhile. Patients found the staff friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful in ensuring a positive experience.
- Excellent service: The staff and doctors at this eye care center are praised for their exceptional service and going above and beyond for their patients.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the knowledgeable and helpful staff who assist with frame selection and provide detailed explanations during eye exams.
- Friendly and personable doctors: The doctors, particularly Dr. Laskerr and Dr. Miller, are highly praised for their professionalism, patience, and thoroughness during eye examinations.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
341 & 343 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33880
Our eye care professionals provide thorough, professional eye exams. Customers consistently praise our friendly, helpful staff and diverse frame selection. Some note our expertise adjusting frames for comfort and prompt order fulfillment.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers praised the eye care center for providing thorough eye exams and checking for various issues.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many users mentioned that the staff at the center were friendly, professional, and took the time to assist them in selecting frames and answering their questions.
- Adequate frame selection: Several reviewers mentioned that there was a decent range of frames to choose from at the center.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.