Best LASIK Surgeon In Torrington, CT
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Torrington LASIK Surgeons in Torrington, Torrington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Torrington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Torrington.
1206 Silas Deane Hwy Suite 2, Wethersfield, CT 06109
Patients consistently commend this lasik surgery practice for its efficient and professional service. Numerous patients report rapid procedures, with some achieving perfect vision the very next day. Reviewers also frequently mention the friendly, knowledgeable and supportive staff.
- Fast and efficient procedure with minimal discomfort: Many reviewers mentioned that the Lasik procedure was quick, taking less than 10 minutes, and caused only temporary discomfort for a few hours or days.
- Friendly and professional staff: Numerous reviewers praised the staff for their kindness, friendliness, and thorough explanations throughout the entire process. They felt well taken care of and supported.
- Excellent results: Multiple reviewers reported excellent results, including 20/20 or better vision after the procedure. They expressed satisfaction and mentioned that the experience was life-changing and worth the investment.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
1375 Kings Hwy UNIT 300, Fairfield, CT 06824
Reviews of the lasik surgeon’s practice laud the knowledgeable, patient staff for prompt, thoughtful answers to questions. Patients describe the procedure as quick and painless with fast recovery, including returning to work the next day. Many report life-changing visual improvements. Overall, reviewers highly recommend the practice for its excellent customer service and accommodating, friendly nature.
- Friendly and patient staff: The staff at the lasik surgeon practice are described as sweet, patient, and full of energy. They take the time to answer questions and make sure patients feel informed and comfortable throughout the process.
- Quick and easy procedure: Many reviewers mention that the lasik procedure was fast, taking only a few minutes. They also emphasize that the recovery time was relatively short, with some experiencing sharp vision and clear results within a few days.
- Life-changing results: Several reviewers express their gratitude for the life-changing results of the lasik surgery. They mention being able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contact lenses, which has improved their overall quality of life.
Dr. David A. Steinberg, MD
1401 NY-52 Suite 200, Fishkill, NY 12524
Dr. Steinberg is highly regarded for his expertise in cataract surgery, providing patients complication-free outcomes and thorough follow-up care. His staff is praised for efficiency, friendliness and patient-focused care. Many patients report life-changing vision improvements and deep gratitude after being treated by Dr. Steinberg.
- Dr. Steinberg is highly skilled and experienced, with successful cataract surgery and positive outcomes reported by multiple reviewers.
- The office staff is friendly, efficient, and accommodating, providing a welcoming and organized environment for patients.
- Dr. Steinberg and his team are praised for their professionalism, thoroughness, and willingness to address patient concerns, ensuring a positive and comfortable experience.
CT Eye Specialists
4 Corporate Dr Suite 380, Shelton, CT 06484
Dr. Cervantes is highly recommended for lasik. His patients describe excellent results, with the procedure being easy and recovery quick. His caring team makes patients comfortable. The doctor is thorough in examinations and provides a life-changing experience.
- Dr. Cervantes and his team are highly recommended for Lasik and cataract surgeries. Patients have praised their thorough pre and post-examinations, professionalism, and dedication to providing excellent results.
- The office staff is friendly, accommodating, and comforting, making patients feel at ease throughout the process. Dr. Cervantes is known for his excellent bedside manner, creating a relaxed environment during surgery.
- The results of Lasik and cataract surgeries performed by Dr. Cervantes have been described as life-changing. Patients have experienced incredible vision improvements, with some achieving 20/20 vision, and have reported minimal pain or discomfort during recovery.
Peter A. Shriver, DO
400 Saybrook Rd, Middletown, CT 06457
Dr. Shriver’s patients appreciate his attentive and knowledgeable consultations before and after LASIK surgery. Many have achieved excellent vision results, some exceeding expectations. He provides exceptional care that earns him glowing recommendations.
- Highly knowledgeable and attentive: Dr. Shriver is described as being very knowledgeable and guiding patients throughout the entire process, from initial consultations to post-operative care. He takes the time to answer questions and address concerns, providing personalized and thorough care.
- Successful and speedy procedures: Patients have reported successful and quick surgeries, with minimal pain and discomfort. Many have experienced improved vision shortly after the procedure, some even achieving better-than-expected results. The procedures, whether LASIK or PRK, have led to significant improvements in quality of life for patients.
- Excellent patient care and follow-up: Dr. Shriver is praised for his exceptional patient care and follow-up. Several reviews mention his attentiveness, including checking in on patients over weekends and holidays. Additionally, his staff is described as friendly and helpful, providing a positive overall experience for patients.
Fairfield County Laser Vision
2046 W Main St #2, Stamford, CT 06902
The lasik surgeon receives outstanding feedback for his professional expertise, welcoming staff, and state-of-the-art facilities. Patients report an exceptionally positive experience from their initial consultation through to their post-operative care. The majority achieve excellent vision correction results and smooth recovery.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and professional staff, making patients feel comfortable and reassured throughout the process.
- Excellent results: Many patients express their satisfaction with the surgery results, reporting great vision even after a year post-surgery. The surgeon, Dr. Mandava, is praised for his experience and skill in delivering successful outcomes.
- Personalized care and accessibility: Dr. Mandava is highly regarded for his patient-centered approach. He takes the time to explain the treatment options and is readily available to answer any questions or concerns, even providing his personal contact information. Patients feel well-supported throughout their journey towards better vision.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.