Best Eye Doctors In Waterford, CT
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Waterford Optometrists in Waterford, Waterford, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Waterford reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Waterford.
Professional Eyecare LLC
131 Boston Post Rd #4, Waterford, CT 06385
Professional Eyecare LLC receives high marks from reviewers for their professional, polite staff’s willingness to assist with exams and eyewear without pressure. They also take extreme health precautions. A couple reviewers cited issues with office staff cooperation and lens replacement policies. However most reviewers had positive experiences and appreciated the thorough, friendly service.
- Professional and polite staff that provides excellent eye exams and glasses without forcing unnecessary purchases.
- Takes extreme precautions to keep immunocompromised patients safe during the pandemic.
- Friendly and patient staff, making the eye exam experience comfortable and pleasant.
- Thorough and attentive service, with staff taking the time to listen to concerns and address them.
- Offers state-of-the-art eye exams and has knowledgeable, competent doctors.
- Provides personalized assistance in selecting and designing glasses.
- The office is clean and follows COVID protocols.
850 Hartford Turnpike Unit B, Waterford, CT 06385
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their quick, efficient eye exams and exceptional customer service from staff members Ashley, Erika, and Sarah. A couple reviews cited issues finding doctors and professionalism, but positive feedback outweighs negative. Customers recommend this location overall for exams and glasses.
- Fast and efficient eye exams with friendly and helpful staff.
- Knowledgeable, patient, and attentive frame specialists who assist with selecting the perfect frames for customers.
- Outstanding customer service experiences, with staff going above and beyond to ensure satisfaction.
900 Hartford-New London Turnpike, Waterford, CT 06385
Most reviews of the eye care center are positive, citing Dr. Fedus as friendly, thorough, and providing a comfortable, informative exam. Staff like Kathy and Donna were praised for helping select frames and delivering excellent service. A few negative reviews mentioned problems getting accurate prescriptions and handling insurance claims.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's friendliness and willingness to assist customers in finding the right frames and lenses.
- Skilled and thorough eye exams: Dr. Fedus is complimented for providing thorough and informative eye exams, ensuring proper attention to patients' eyes and needs.
- Knowledgeable and attentive opticians: Customers appreciate the knowledge and honest opinions of the opticians, such as Kathy and Donna, who offer assistance in frame selection and fitting.
909 Hartford Turnpike, Waterford, CT 06385
Customers describe exceptional care and attention to detail from Dr. Mann and staff at Pearle Vision. They received the best eyeglasses ever and thorough, personalized exams and prescriptions improving vision. Accommodating opticians and holistic eye care are appreciated. However, one customer experienced unexpected contact fitting charges and suggests shopping the prescription. Most highly recommend Pearle Vision for excellent care and positive experiences.
- Highly skilled and attentive eye care: Dr. Mann provides thorough eye exams and pays attention to detail, ensuring the best eyeglasses tailored to individual needs.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this location is described as amazing, helpful, and friendly. They go above and beyond to provide excellent service and support.
- Wide range of options: Pearle Vision offers a variety of frame, lens, and contact options, ensuring that clients receive the best options for their specific needs. The staff is knowledgeable in helping customers choose the perfect fit and style.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
351 N Frontage Rd Suite B 7, New London, CT 06320
The eye care center received highly positive reviews. Patients commented on the helpful, professional, and knowledgeable staff, especially Ben, William, and Joy. The wide selection of frames, affordable pricing, and welcoming atmosphere were also appreciated.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers praised the staff, particularly individuals such as Ben, William, and Aaron, for their helpfulness, professionalism, and ability to assist customers in finding the right frames and lenses. They were described as knowledgeable, patient, and accommodating.
- Affordable prices: Several reviewers commented on the affordable prices for eye exams, glasses, and contacts compared to other optical stores. Many mentioned getting multiple pairs of glasses for a good price or saving significant amounts of money on hardware and contacts.
- Efficient and prompt service: Reviewers appreciated the quick turnaround time for scheduling appointments and being seen by optometrists. They also mentioned the efficient and friendly service from the staff, from checking in to selecting frames to consulting with eye technicians.
Michael A. Simeone, OD
15 Chesterfield Rd, East Lyme, CT 06333
Dr. Simeone earns acclaim as an eye doctor for his professionalism, kindness to children, and skill in explaining complex eye issues. Patients commend his thorough exams and talent spotting eye conditions. His friendly office staff and wide frame selection also draw praise. Overall, Dr. Simeone is an attentive, knowledgeable doctor providing exceptional eye care.
- Dr. Simeone is excellent with children, making them feel comfortable during eye exams and including them in the process.
- He is knowledgeable, kind, and takes the time to explain everything clearly to his patients, ensuring they have a clear understanding of their eye care and any potential issues.
- The office has state-of-the-art examination equipment and a good selection of frames at affordable prices.
900 Hartford-New London Trnpk, Waterford, CT 06385
The eye care center receives mainly positive feedback for efficient, thorough eye exams. Customers appreciate the friendly, knowledgeable staff and quick, easy appointments. However, one doctor received negative feedback for an incomplete contact lens fitting that inconvenienced a patient. Most reviews recommend the professional doctors and staff.
- Quick and efficient eye exams without long wait times.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who are responsive to questions and concerns.
- The optometrist is personable, professional, and provides thorough examinations.
Friendly Eyes Optometry
850 Hartford Turnpike Unit B, Waterford, CT 06385
The center received praise for courteous staff and timely service. Patients found optometrists professional and thorough. Assistants were commended as polite and helpful. A few mentioned delayed appointments or preferred in-person visits, though most expressed satisfaction and willingness to recommend the center.
- Super friendly and knowledgeable staff for easy and quick eye exams.
- Thorough and precise eye exams with the use of the latest technologies.
- Friendly and polite staff, providing a great overall experience.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Connecticut
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 4.5% of people aged 40-64 and 5.21% of people aged 65+ in Connecticut reported being blind or having difficulty seeing. in Connecticut, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Connecticut
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Connecticut.
- The In Connecticut in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost 2.5 times higher among those with diabetes compared to the overall population, indicating that diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and The percentage of people in Connecticut who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Connecticut
- In Connecticut, 4.13% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Connecticut
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.98% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.5% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Connecticut face even higher rates at 5.21%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Connecticut
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Connecticut.
- 9.63% of those with diabetes and 8.92% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Connecticut
- Early vision care is crucial, with 75.27% of children in Connecticut having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.18% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Connecticut
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.13% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Connecticut.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.