Best LASIK Surgeon In Thornton, CO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Thornton LASIK Surgeons in Thornton, Thornton, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Thornton reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Thornton.
Dishler Laser Institute
8400 E Prentice Ave #1200, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Current Specials: Free LASIK
Patients report an excellent experience at Dishler Laser Institute, noting the professional and knowledgeable staff, top-notch service, and efficient LASIK procedures with minimal discomfort. They describe a welcoming, helpful team guiding them through consultations, surgery, and follow-ups. Most achieve 20/20 vision after quick, easy procedures and quick recovery times. Dishler comes highly recommended for those considering LASIK.
- Highly skilled and top-notch surgeon with a professional and caring staff
- Smooth, efficient, and painless procedure with quick recovery time and excellent results
- Informative, patient, and accommodating pre- and post-surgery care with clear instructions and personalized attention
Denver Eye Surgeons
13772 Denver W Pkwy Building 55, Suite 100, Lakewood, CO 80401
Current Specials: Free Consultation
Patients report positive experiences at Denver Eye Surgeons, highlighting competent surgeons Dr. Kumar and Dr. Brown, and a knowledgeable, friendly staff. Exams and procedures are described as efficient and thorough. Many patients say they achieved clear vision from their cataract or LASIK surgeries. A few patients expressed dissatisfaction with administrative issues like scheduling and billing.
- Dr. Kumar and his team are knowledgeable and professional, with great attention to detail and a caring attitude towards their patients.
- The staff at Denver Eye Surgeons are friendly, efficient, and accommodating, making for easy appointments and an overall positive experience.
- Many patients report life-changing results following surgeries and procedures, with improved vision and a higher quality of life.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4100 E Mississippi Ave Suite 105, Glendale, CO 80246
Current Specials: Save $1000* On LASIK!
This lasik surgeon practice received overwhelmingly positive feedback from patients regarding the helpful staff, skilled doctors, and simplicity of the procedure. Though wait times, communication issues, and post-op discomfort were cited in some negative reviews, the vast majority reported excellent vision improvement and would readily recommend this practice to others seeking lasik surgery.
- Friendly and informative doctors and nurses who make patients feel comfortable during the procedure.
- Smooth and efficient procedure with quick recovery time.
- Helpful customer service, including accommodating work schedules and providing thorough explanations of the process and aftercare.
Cutarelli Vision – Denver
7887 E Belleview Ave #180, Englewood, CO 80111
Cutarelli Vision provides effective lasik procedures with knowledgeable staff. Patients report quick, painless surgeries and thorough aftercare. Many see improved vision immediately with minimal discomfort. Overall an excellent, life-changing option for lasik candidates.
- Highly knowledgeable, caring, and professional staff.
- Quick and painless Lasik surgery procedure with exceptional, life-changing results.
- Excellent customer service, great communication, and comfortable experience throughout the entire process from initial consultation to post-operative appointments.
Mile High Eye Institute
3535 River Point Pkwy Suite 200, Sheridan, CO 80110
The lasik surgeon practice is highly regarded for its friendly, professional staff and skilled doctors. Surgical procedures have successfully improved patients’ vision. The state-of-the-art facility houses advanced equipment. Wait times were the primary complaint. Most patients recommend the practice.
- The staff is friendly and welcoming, making patients feel calm and comfortable during their visit.
- Many patients report positive experiences with LASIK surgery and other procedures, with improved vision after treatment.
- The clinic is equipped with modern technology and knowledgeable doctors and staff who can provide detailed explanations of procedures and answer questions.
1331 17th St M-120, Denver, CO 80202
Current Specials: FREE LASIK
The lasik surgeon receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for their friendly and knowledgeable staff, quick and minimally invasive procedures, and attentive post-op care. Many patients see improved vision within days and enthusiastically recommend the practice. Some reviews cite the rigorous screening process that evaluates surgical candidacy and safety. Patients are grateful to the 20/20 Institute for its transformative, life-changing treatments.
- Skilled, knowledgeable, and caring staff and doctors who make patients feel comfortable and safe throughout the entire process.
- Excellent communication and thorough information provided at every step of the process, allowing patients to make informed decisions and know exactly what to expect.
- Impressive surgical results, with many patients achieving 20/20 or better vision within hours or days after the procedure, and experiencing little to no side effects or discomfort during recovery.
Cherry Creek Eye Physicians & Surgeons, P.C.
4999 E Kentucky Ave Suite #202, Denver, CO 80246
Current Specials: free refractive consultation
Cherry Creek Eye Physicians and Surgeons provides patients with thorough eye exams, expert care, and technologically advanced LASIK surgery and cataract removal. Their knowledgeable and informative doctors take time to explain procedures. Patients appreciate the friendly, professional staff and their whole-patient approach.
- Thorough and knowledgeable approach to eye exams.
- Friendly and professional staff and practitioners.
- Expert and competent care for cataract and LASIK surgeries.
Colorado Ophthalmology Associates: Jacobs Jason M MD
1666 S University Blvd, Denver, CO 80210
Current Specials: 100% blade free LASIK
Dr. Jacobs performs Lasik and cataract surgeries with excellent results, including improved vision and freedom from glasses. Patients describe him as approachable, knowledgeable, caring and professional, with great bedside manner. He comes highly recommended.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeon who is able to address complex eye conditions and provide the best lens options for patients
- Excellent results from cataract surgeries and clear lens replacement surgeries, often resulting in 20/20 vision without glasses
- Courteous and professional staff who provide thoughtful and patient-centered care throughout the entire surgical process, from consultation to post-op follow-up appointments.
Associates in Eyecare, P.C.
4999 E Kentucky Ave #102, Denver, CO 80246
Dr. Kruger provides skilled cataract surgery with clear explanations. His detection of rare eye conditions is praised. The friendly, helpful office staff receive positive reviews. However, some cite issues with customer service, staff professionalism and procedural complications. Patients recommend Dr. Kruger for his expertise.
- Dr. Kruger is an exceptional surgeon with outstanding surgical skills and a caring demeanor that makes patients feel at ease.
- The office staff are friendly, professional, and efficient, providing excellent care and follow-up instructions.
- The practice is thorough and takes the time to explain procedures, risks, and benefits while addressing all questions and concerns a patient may have.
20/20 Institute – Englewood
6501 E Belleview Ave Suite 140, Englewood, CO 80111
Current Specials: FREE LASIK Consultation
The lasik surgeon practice received overwhelmingly positive feedback for their knowledgeable, professional and friendly staff, top-notch technology, quick and painless procedures, and excellent results with 20/20 or better vision. However, one patient was turned away due to dry eyes after multiple appointments and payments, and another felt the cost was high.
- Highly knowledgeable, professional, and friendly staff
- Quick and painless surgery with amazing results (20/20 or 20/15 vision)
- Comprehensive pre and post-operative care with patient satisfaction guarantee.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
4100 E Mississippi Ave Suite 105A, Glendale, CO 80246
Current Specials: Take $1000* OFF LASIK
TLC Laser Eye Center patients report an extremely positive experience, with most citing friendly, helpful staff, a quick, painless procedure, and impressive results. Many wish they had undergone the procedure sooner. Thoughtful care instructions and take-home items are appreciated. A small number cite issues with specific staff or follow-up, but satisfaction predominates. Patients find the practice skilled, knowledgeable and attentive.
- The staff at TLC Laser Eye Center are friendly and welcoming, making patients feel comfortable and confident throughout the process.
- The procedure is quick and painless, allowing patients to return to their normal activities quickly, often the next day.
- Patients report excellent results with improved vision, some even achieving better than 20/20 vision, and experience little to no complications post-op.
Colorado Ophthalmology Associates
11750 W 2nd Pl, Lakewood, CO 80228
Current Specials: 100% blade free LASIK
Colorado Ophthalmology Associates patients report high satisfaction with the friendliness, professionalism, and surgical expertise of doctors and staff. Patients highlight positive experiences with cataract and LASIK procedures, attentive care, and clear communication. The front desk staff provides timely appointments.
- Dr. Kelmenson is personable, patient, and caring. She diagnoses serious conditions during routine exams and offers thorough explanations of procedures.
- The office staff is polite, professional, efficient, and punctual. Patients experience minimal wait times, and the staff is accommodating in scheduling appointments and handling emergencies.
- The doctors, including Dr. Jacobs, Dr. Frank, Dr. Okafor, and Dr. Melzer, are knowledgeable, skilled, and confident. They use modern techniques and advanced technology to provide excellent care for cataract and LASIK surgeries and eye exams.
Denver Lasik Vision Center
1666 S University Blvd ste e, Denver, CO 80210
Current Specials: Free LASIK
Patients report professional service and friendly, attentive staff at Denver Lasik Vision Center. Drs. Jacobs and Keyser answer questions thoroughly and provide excellent care. Customers describe improved vision after procedures, no longer needing contacts or glasses. Some comments mentioned appointments running behind schedule.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeons
- Thorough and attentive pre- and post-operative care
- Life-changing results for many patients, with excellent vision correction and no more dependence on glasses or contacts.
Colorado Eye Surgeons
3401 Quebec St Suite 4100, Denver, CO 80207
Current Specials: Free Laser Vision Screening
Dr. Pennington provides exceptional care and ophthalmology expertise. His kind approach addresses patients’ specific needs. The modern facilities, efficient communication, and personal attention further the quality experience. Patients frequently report life-changing post-operative results.
- Exceptional clinician and patient advocate who goes above and beyond to find solutions for patients, even if it means finding a center in the patient's network.
- Knowledgeable, kind, ethical, respectful, and caring towards patients.
- Thorough, efficient, informative, and consultative, with a focus on building rapport and a strong doctor-patient relationship.
Levinson Eye Clinic
4545 E 9th Ave #270, Denver, CO 80220
Current Specials: free consultation
Dr. Levinson receives predominantly positive reviews for his LASIK and PRK surgeries. Patients report excellent results and appreciate his competence, kindness, thorough exams, attention to their concerns, and availability for follow-up care. His full-service eye clinic provides added convenience. The few negative reviews involve minor insurance and exam discomfort issues.
- Dr. Levinson is a skilled and experienced surgeon who makes home visits to resolve post-operative pain issues.
- Dr. Levinson and his team are thorough in their examinations, explain procedures in detail, and communicate effectively about what to expect before, during, and after surgery.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and competent, and the clinic offers a complete range of eye care services beyond just LASIK and PRK, including cataract surgery and treatment for other eye conditions.
LasikPlus: Dr. Howard Straub
7440 W Alaska Dr, Lakewood, CO 80226
LasikPlus center’s staff is highly regarded for their friendliness and professionalism. Their military discounts and 0% interest plans make procedures affordable. Patients often achieve clear vision without glasses or contacts post-lasik.
- The staff is incredibly friendly, polite, and helpful.
- The actual procedure is a breeze and the results are life-changing.
- The practice offers great discounts for military personnel and a 0% interest payment plan for those who need it.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.