Best Eye Doctors In Lafayette, CO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lafayette Optometrists in Lafayette, Lafayette, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lafayette reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lafayette.
Front Range Eye Associates
13605 Xavier Ln STE G, Broomfield, CO 80023
Customers consistently gave positive feedback about the friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff at Front Range Eye Associates, especially Drs. Pipkin, Perez, and Murphy. They appreciated the thorough eye exams and had good experiences with customer service and frame selection. A few customers did have negative experiences with pricing, staff unhelpfulness, and unsatisfactory contacts. However, most were highly satisfied with their visits and would recommend the clinic.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. They felt comfortable and welcomed as new patients and received excellent care from the doctors.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers were impressed with the thoroughness and comprehensiveness of their eye exams. They appreciated that the doctors took the time to explain everything and answer any questions they had. The exams were also described as being in-depth and communicative.
- Good customer service and efficient processes: Several reviewers mentioned positive experiences with customer service and efficient processes. The front desk professionals were helpful and informative, and the overall experience was enjoyable. The staff communicated well and handled public health situations perfectly.
Colorado Eye Center – Broomfield
4 Garden Center # 100, Broomfield, CO 80020
The center’s staff receives mainly positive reviews for their thorough and friendly service. Specifically, Drs. Kuskie, Holtzman, Hagen, and Page are often complimented. However, some negative reviews cite issues with lost orders and billing. Overall the center provides quality eye exams but has room to improve customer service.
- The staff at the eye care center are friendly, kind, and knowledgeable.
- The eye exams are thorough and comprehensive, providing patients with detailed information about their eye health.
Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado
300 Exempla Cir Suite 120, Lafayette, CO 80026
Most reviewers commend the eye care center’s attentive doctors and staff. However, a few cite problematic experiences like rude receptionists and extensive wait times. Overall, patients appreciate the exhaustive exams and expertise of doctors, particularly Drs. Burton and Manry.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Reviewers praised the eye care center for providing thorough and detailed eye exams, with doctors explaining exam results in a clear and understandable manner.
- Professional and friendly staff: Many reviewers mentioned the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, from the receptionists to the doctors. They described feeling well taken care of and appreciated the attentive and caring nature of the staff.
- Expertise in specialized areas: Reviewers mentioned specific doctors who were highly qualified and talented in their respective areas, such as problem-solving, contact lens corrections, and retina specialties. Patients felt confident in the knowledge and expertise of these doctors.
Front Range Eye Health Center, P.C.
1220 Summit View Dr, Louisville, CO 80027
Front Range Eye Health Center provides friendly, professional service and comprehensive eye exams. The knowledgeable staff, including Holly, help customers schedule appointments and navigate insurance. Customers especially appreciate the excellent customer service and compassionate care from knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Kell and Dr. Gitchell.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Several reviews mention that the eye exams at Front Range Eye Health Center are thorough and utilize the latest technology. Patients appreciate the detailed explanations and personalized care they receive during the exam.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at Front Range Eye Health Center is praised for their friendly and professional demeanor. Customers mention that the staff goes above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service, from helping with insurance navigation to finding last-minute appointments.
- Caring and knowledgeable doctors: Front Range Eye Health Center is known for having caring and knowledgeable doctors who take the time to answer questions and provide helpful suggestions to improve eye health. Patients appreciate the personalized care they receive from the doctors.
Summit Vision Care
619 Mitchell Way, Erie, CO 80516
Dr. Kennedy provides knowledgeable and compassionate care at Summit Vision Care. Patients commend the friendly, professional staff and thorough exams. The new office and helpful employees enhance the positive experience. Patients recommend Summit Vision Care for comprehensive eye care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional staff at Summit Vision Care. Patients appreciate the welcoming and courteous demeanor of the receptionists, technicians, and doctors.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Several reviews highlight the expertise and thoroughness of Dr. Kennedy and Dr. Rohr. Patients trust their knowledge and feel that their eyes are in capable hands. The doctors take their time during appointments to address concerns and provide comprehensive care.
- Prompt and responsive service: Patients commend Summit Vision Care for their promptness in delivering products, such as contact lenses, and for their responsiveness to inquiries or requests for medical records. Quick and efficient service is appreciated by patients.
Eye Doctors of Louisville
1371 E Hecla Dr STE C1, Louisville, CO 80027
The Eye Doctors of Louisville offer comprehensive eye exams and attentive customer service. Patients appreciate the doctors’ thorough and patient approach. Helpful staff assist in selecting quality frames in their clean, welcoming office. Patients strongly recommend this practice for outstanding eye care.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were comprehensive and thorough, addressing not just the prescription but also the health of the eyes.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers praised the doctors and staff for being knowledgeable, patient, and kind. They appreciated the detailed explanations and the time taken to answer questions during the exams.
- Quality frames and selection: The eye care center provides a great selection of quality frames, according to reviews. Multiple reviewers mentioned the help they received in selecting frames that suited their needs and preferences.
Lafayette Eye Associates
511 Crossing Dr, Lafayette, CO 80026
Lafayette Eye Associates received largely positive feedback for their facilities, frame selection, and kind staff, especially Dr. David Himel. However, some customers mentioned issues with billing, wait times, unprofessional staff, and insurance changes that caused confusion.
- Large, clean facility with a great selection of frames: The facility is spacious and clean, and they offer a wide range of high and mid-range frames to choose from.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at Lafayette Eye Associates are described as friendly and professional, making the whole eye exam process enjoyable. They are proactive in explaining insurance changes and are knowledgeable about the state-of-the-art equipment.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Multiple reviewers praise the doctors at this eye care center for their expertise, kindness, and willingness to take the time to explain eye conditions and prescriptions. The doctors are described as smart and comprehensive in their approach to eye care.
Visionworks Flatiron Crossing
1 W Flatiron Crossing Dr Ste 2026, Broomfield, CO 80021
The eye care center receives positive feedback for Dr. Mara’s educational consultations and the staff’s kind professionalism. Patients value the fair pricing. One satisfied customer mentions the team’s friendliness and aid in choosing eyewear.
- Friendly and professional staff, providing a pleasant and informative eye exam experience.
- Fair pricing for eye exams and services.
Ekin Vision Care
1 W Flatiron Crossing Dr #1104, Broomfield, CO 80021
Dr. Ekin receives mostly positive reviews for his attentive and professional care. Patients cite his expertise in eye exams along with convenient scheduling and helpful staff. However, one reviewer described unethical practices and dismissive behavior.
- Highly skilled and caring doctor: Dr. Ekin is praised for his attention to detail, patience, and thoroughness during eye exams.
- Efficiency and convenience: Patients appreciate the ease of booking appointments, the quick and painless exams, and the streamlined process of getting prescriptions and ordering glasses.
- Knowledgeable and informative: Dr. Ekin takes the time to explain conditions and treatment options clearly, ensuring patients understand their eye health and recommended care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Colorado
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.25% of people aged 40-64 and 4.68% of people aged 65+ in Colorado experienced blindness or difficulty seeing. in Colorado, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Colorado
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Colorado.
- The In Colorado in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was significantly higher at 8.24% compared to the overall percentage of 2.91%, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than 5%. and In Colorado in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (5.27%) compared to the overall population (2.91%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.36%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Colorado
- In Colorado, 2.91% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Colorado
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.75% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.25% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Colorado face even higher rates at 4.68%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Colorado
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Colorado.
- 8.24% of those with diabetes and 5.27% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Colorado
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.24% of children in Colorado having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.13% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Colorado
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 2.91% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Colorado.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.