Best Eye Doctors In Aurora, CO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Aurora Optometrists in Aurora, Aurora, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Aurora reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Aurora.
UCHealth Sue Anschutz-Rodgers Eye Center
1675 Aurora Ct, Aurora, CO 80045
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients describe the doctors as thorough, knowledgeable and caring. The staff is efficient and operations run smoothly. However, some patients report long wait times and parking difficulties.
- Thorough eye exams and clear explanations: The doctors at this eye care center are known for their thoroughness in conducting eye exams and explaining the results clearly to patients.
- Caring and conservative treatments: Patients appreciate the thoughtful and conservative approach taken by the professionals at this eye care center. They feel that their concerns are valued and that the treatments recommended have been effective in improving their eye issues.
- Efficient operations and friendly staff: The staff at this eye care center are highly trained and efficient in their operations, ensuring that patients have a smooth and short wait time. Patients also feel welcomed and valued by the friendly and courteous staff members.
1550 S Potomac St Suite 155, Aurora, CO 80012
The eye care center led by Dr. Sandra Rugama offers an excellent customer experience with helpful staff like Kristine assisting with frame selection. However, some patients report receiving incorrect prescriptions, unnecessary tests, and experiencing wasted money and frustration. While the office has friendly and knowledgeable staff, there are complaints about rude service and long exam wait times.
- Friendly and patient staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being patient and friendly, particularly with children during eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough optometrists: Reviewers praised individual optometrists for their knowledge and thoroughness during eye exams, including explaining things that hadn't been addressed before and offering helpful suggestions.
Burcham Eyecare Center
750 Potomac St # 223, Aurora, CO 80011
The eye care center receives positive feedback for Dr. Takara’s professional and friendly manner, as well as her helpful, knowledgeable staff. Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams and relaxing office environment.
- Dr. Takara and her assistant provide professional and friendly eye exams, making patients feel comfortable.
- The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, ensuring that patients understand each step of their eye exams and addressing any concerns or questions.
- The aesthetic appeal of the waiting area is impressive, creating a tidy and organized environment for patients.
Vision First Denver
200 Quebec St #107, Denver, CO 80230
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its helpful, friendly staff. Patients specifically commend Patricia, Madison, and Dr. Hanson. Reviews praise the thorough, professional eye exams by Dr. Davis and Dr. Pond. Many are satisfied with the wide selection of frames and guidance in choosing the optimal glasses.
- Dr. Hanson is highly recommended for eye exams. She takes the time to explain findings in detail and involves the patient in decision-making.
- The staff is friendly and welcoming. They provide attentive and kind service, making patients feel comfortable throughout the eye exam process.
EyeCare Specialties of Colorado
1113 S Abilene St, Aurora, CO 80012
The majority of reviews highlight friendly, attentive staff and comprehensive eye exams. Many also compliment the frame selection and lens quality. However, some experienced issues with discourteous staff, damaged glasses, and dissatisfaction with their eyewear.
- Friendly and attentive staff, including the receptionist and doctor.
- Informative and thorough eye exams that explain the process and address any concerns.
- Good selection of frames to choose from for glasses.
Vision First Aurora
15320 E Alameda Pkwy, Aurora, CO 80017
Customers appreciate the friendly and professional staff, thorough eye exams, and helpful explanations at this eye care center. While some experienced delays receiving glasses, most were satisfied with the care from knowledgeable Dr. Pond, who puts patients at ease.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional staff, indicating a positive and welcoming atmosphere at the eye care center.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the doctors' ability to explain the process and results in a clear and understandable manner.
10651 E Garden Dr #107, Aurora, CO 80012
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their helpful, friendly staff and wide selection of frames. A few customers noted less satisfactory experiences with one rushed doctor’s bedside manner and delays in appointments or sharing exam results. However, the customer service team earns consistent praise for their personable support throughout the eye exam process, impressing many satisfied visitors.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention the helpful and friendly staff, making customers feel welcomed and attended to during their eye exams and frame selections.
- Knowledgeable and patient sales staff: The sales staff at this location is praised for their patience in helping customers find the right frames and making necessary adjustments, ensuring a satisfactory fit.
- Efficient eye exams and seamless process: Customers appreciate the quick and easy eye exams, as well as the timely delivery of their glasses. The entire process, from the exam to frame selection and ordering, is described as smooth and efficient.
Colorado Family Eye Centers | Children’s Eye Physicians
2373 Central Park Blvd #102, Denver, CO 80238
The eye care center is highly recommended for its skilled doctors, friendly staff, and thorough exams. Patients report enjoyable visits and praise the expertise shown, particularly with children. A minor complaint is upfront payment instead of post-insurance billing.
- Excellent and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they had the best eye exam they've ever had at this eye care center. The doctors were skilled, competent, and took their time to ensure a comprehensive and accurate examination.
- Great with kids: Parents were particularly impressed with the staff's ability to handle eye exams for their children. They made the experience fun and engaging, and were patient with wiggly toddlers. Dr. Huston and Dr. Arbuckle were highly recommended for pediatric eye care.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Reviewers consistently praised the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center. They were attentive, informative, and provided a positive and welcoming environment for patients. The office was also described as modern, clean, and well-organized.
1400 S Havana St, Aurora, CO 80012
Patients appreciate Cindy’s helpfulness and patience. Dr. Sider’s professionalism and the center’s service also draw praise. However, one reviewer expressed frustration with a delay receiving glasses post-exam. In general, the staff, particularly Cindy and Haimei, garner compliments for knowledge and customer care.
- Helpful and patient staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff, particularly Cindy and Haimei, were extremely helpful, patient, and knowledgeable. They assisted customers in choosing frames, adjusting glasses, answering questions, and providing excellent customer service.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Reviewers praised the eye exams they received at the center, mentioning that the doctors were professional, knowledgeable, and thorough during the exams.
- Good frame selection: Customers appreciated the wide variety and quality of frames available at the optical center, noting that they were able to find the perfect pair of glasses.
- Excellent customer service: The staff, especially Cindy and Haimei, were consistently highlighted for their friendly and positive attitudes. They made customers feel comfortable and went the extra mile to ensure their needs were met.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers mentioned that they had a fast and efficient experience, particularly when it came to adjustments or minor repairs to their glasses.
- Expertise in lens ordering and frame selection: Customers appreciated the expertise of Sydney in lens ordering and frame selection. She provided valuable guidance in choosing the right lenses and frames based on individual preferences and needs.
14200 E Ellsworth Ave, Aurora, CO 80012
This eye care center receives high marks for quick, thorough, and painless eye exams. Patients describe the doctors as knowledgeable, informative, and friendly. The staff earns positive feedback for helpfulness, professionalism, and excellent customer service. Patients report feeling satisfied and would recommend this center.
- Quick and thorough eye exams
- Excellent customer service with polite and knowledgeable staff
- Doctors are proficient, smart, and take the time to explain and answer questions
InSight Vision Group
8101 E Lowry Blvd Suite 255, Denver, CO 80230
Dr. Johnson’s staff received mixed reviews. Support nurses were praised for their caring approach, but some receptionists were considered rude and unprofessional, including over a service pet. While doctors were thorough and willing to answer questions, especially at Insight Vision, where staff was called exceptional, some found staff unaccommodating about health issues. Surgeries went smoothly for most but pre-op communication gaps caused confusion. Despite flaws, many would still recommend the eye centers.
- Dr. Starck Carl Johnson and his staff are highly knowledgeable, professional, and caring.
- The office has a courteous and professional office staff, including a pleasant and thorough doctor's assistant.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Colorado
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.25% of people aged 40-64 and 4.68% of people aged 65+ in Colorado experienced blindness or difficulty seeing. in Colorado, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Colorado
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Colorado.
- The In Colorado in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was significantly higher at 8.24% compared to the overall percentage of 2.91%, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than 5%. and In Colorado in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (5.27%) compared to the overall population (2.91%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.36%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Colorado
- In Colorado, 2.91% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Colorado
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.75% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.25% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Colorado face even higher rates at 4.68%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Colorado
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Colorado.
- 8.24% of those with diabetes and 5.27% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Colorado
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.24% of children in Colorado having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.13% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Colorado
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 2.91% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Colorado.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.