Best LASIK Surgeon In Sunnyvale, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Sunnyvale LASIK Surgeons in Sunnyvale, Sunnyvale, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Sunnyvale reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Sunnyvale.
Mark R. Mandel MD
1237 B St, Hayward, CA 94541
Current Specials: FREE LASIK consultation
Dr. Mandel is highly regarded for his professionalism, compassion, and expertise performing leading-edge, painless vision correction procedures that deliver life-changing results. His knowledgeable, friendly staff provide exceptional patient care, answering questions and offering detailed pre and post-op instructions. Patients strongly recommend Dr. Mandel for cataract and refractive surgeries, and any corneal condition needing extra skill. Some phone access issues, but patients overall report great experiences and successful surgeries.
- Highly skilled and professional surgeon and staff
- Compassionate and caring treatment before and after surgery
- Patients had successful procedures with excellent results, including improved vision and no pain
LaserVue Eye Center
711 Van Ness Ave Suite 320, San Francisco, CA 94102
Patients highlight the personalized care and surgical expertise of Drs. Bansal and Barnes at LaserVue Eye Center. Many describe the SMILE procedure as life-changing, with crystal clear vision and minimal discomfort the very next day. The professional and kind staff, easy booking, and convenient appointments are also praised. LaserVue receives excellent reviews for their exceptional service and results.
- Highly skilled and attentive doctors and staff, who are informative, professional, friendly, and patient, and provide personalized care from start to finish.
- Cutting-edge procedures and technology, such as SMILE and ICL, that produce dramatic and life-changing results, with minimal discomfort and recovery time.
- Smooth and easy process, with seamless and convenient scheduling, short wait times, thorough and clear pre- and post-procedure instructions, and excellent communication and follow-up, that ensure a positive experience and excellent outcomes.
Laser Eye Center of Silicon Valley
606 Saratoga Ave, San Jose, CA 95129
Patients consistently report improved vision and satisfaction with the surgical results from the skilled surgeons at this practice. Patients describe the staff as courteous, efficient, and knowledgeable in easing concerns throughout the process. Many patients strongly recommend this practice to those considering LASIK.
- Exceptional surgeon: Many reviews praise the surgical skills of the doctors at Laser Eye Center, particularly Dr. Ling, calling him an outstanding surgeon and a miracle worker.
- Efficient and courteous staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff at Laser Eye Center, with comments about the positive experiences they had from the initial consultation to post-op care.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviews express satisfaction with the results of their procedure, such as having 20/20 vision, being able to see clearly without glasses or contacts, and eliminating the hassle and expense of corrective eyewear.
IQ Laser Vision – Santa Clara
2901 Tasman Dr # 208, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Patients appreciated the knowledgeable doctors, thorough pre-op visits, and helpful staff at this lasik surgeon practice. Many found the SMILE procedure life-changing, with quick recovery and few side effects. Patients strongly recommended this practice to others considering lasik.
- Experienced and knowledgeable doctors, especially Dr. Phan and Dr. Lin, who are highly recommended and provide thorough pre-op care.
- Smooth and seamless process from consultations to surgery to follow-ups, with attentive and helpful staff who are willing to provide any information patients need and answer all their questions.
- Excellent results, with many patients achieving 20/20 or better vision after the procedure, especially with the SMILE procedure, which is less invasive, leads to improved adverse effects, and requires shorter recovery times.
Eye Care Institute
1383 N McDowell Blvd # 100, Petaluma, CA 94954
The Eye Care Institute is highly regarded for its professional, caring doctors and staff and their surgical expertise. Patients report successful outcomes from procedures like cataract and LASIK surgery. While the practice is efficient and well-organized, a few reviews cited long wait times and billing confusion.
- Highly professional and informative doctors, such as Dr. Yang, Dr. Ni, Dr. Anderson, and Dr. Shah.
- Friendly and efficient staff members, including the technicians and receptionists.
- Good surgical outcomes and successful treatments, especially with lasik surgery.
LaserVue Eye Center
1174 Castro St #112, Mountain View, CA 94040
Current Specials: free LASIK
Dr. Jay Bansal and his professional team at the lasik surgeon practice have received numerous positive reviews for their friendly manner, painless procedures, detailed aftercare instructions, and successful results. Patients recommend Dr. Bansal for his thorough eye exams, clear communication, fair pricing, and flexible appointment scheduling. Many describe the lasik procedure as life changing, with some wishing they had undergone it sooner.
- Highly professional and friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process.
- Quick and painless procedure with amazing results, including improved vision and life-changing experiences for many patients.
- Thorough consultations and follow-up care including multiple checkups after surgery to ensure everything is going smoothly. Additionally, the flexibility with scheduling and financing makes it easier for patients to undergo the procedure.
Daniel F Goodman Md
2211 Bush St 2nd floor, San Francisco, CA 94115
Dr. Goodman’s LASIK surgery at Goodman Eye Center has received mostly positive feedback. Patients report high satisfaction with the staff’s professionalism, the comprehensive consultations, and successful vision improvement post-surgery. Some concerns raised include billing and appointment wait times.
- Dr. Goodman and his team are knowledgeable and professional when it comes to LASIK surgery. They take their time to thoroughly evaluate candidates, rather than rushing them through the process.
- Patients report excellent results and improved vision after LASIK surgery with Dr. Goodman. Some have even achieved better than 20/20 vision.
- Dr. Goodman is not just skilled, but also compassionate and caring towards his patients. Many patients highly recommend him for procedures such as cataract surgery.
Mark R. Mandel MD
455 O'Connor Dr #360, San Jose, CA 95128
Current Specials: FREE LASIK consultation
Dr. Mandel provides a thorough LASIK experience with clear instructions and a knowledgeable, accommodating staff. The quick, painless surgery results in clear vision and minimal discomfort.
- Dr. Mandel and his team prioritize safety and take a cautious and thorough approach to the procedure, ensuring the best results and experience possible.
- The office provides detailed information and instructions both before and after the procedure, making the process simple and stress-free for patients.
- The surgery is painless, with quick and efficient procedures resulting in improved vision within 24 hours. Patients report feeling comfortable and at ease throughout the process due to the knowledgeable and friendly staff.
Dr. Craig S. Bindi, MD
606 Saratoga Ave #10, San Jose, CA 95129
Dr. Bindi provides excellent LASIK surgery with modern techniques. Patients describe him as talented and kind. His professional staff offers a welcoming environment. Patients report improved vision, smooth healing, and recommend him, including professional athletes who trust his expertise.
- Dr. Bindi is personable, kind, and explains the procedure to patients, making them feel at ease.
- The practice has modern machines and Dr. Bindi has extensive experience, making the procedure efficient and effective.
- The staff is welcoming and professional, the facilities are hygienic, and the end result is amazing 20/20 vision, making the surgery worth the investment.
Eye Laser Center
2452 Watson Ct, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Dr. Manche’s expertise in LASIK and PRK surgeries produced excellent results for patients, who also appreciated his professionalism and commitment to their health. His clinic staff received positive feedback for their friendly, courteous manner. Patients valued Dr. Manche’s use of state-of-the-art testing equipment and his focus on their safety.
- Dr. Manche is an expert on eye surgery and provides a thorough evaluation to determine the safest alternative for patients.
- The practice has a professional and friendly staff that provides clear instructions and scheduling.
- Patients have had successful surgeries and great outcomes with both LASIK and PRK procedures, and Dr. Manche is highly recommended for his expertise and caution in recommending the safest option for each individual.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.