Best LASIK Surgeon In Stockton, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 40 LASIK Surgeons in Stockton, CA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1691 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Stockton.
Brookside Optometric Group
3133 W March Ln STE 2020, Stockton, CA 95219
Patients praise Brookside Optometric Group for their friendly and helpful staff, efficient and quality care, and excellent customer service. The optometrists are knowledgeable and caring, making patients feel comfortable and taking the time to explain everything thoroughly. Patients appreciate the wide selection of frames and the lack of pressure to oversell. Overall, patients highly recommend Brookside Optometric Group for their vision care needs.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews praised the staff for being kind, accommodating, and attentive to their needs.
- Efficient and thorough care: Many reviewers noted the high quality and quick service, including efficient eye exams and assistance with frame selection.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: The optometrists were described as knowledgeable, thorough, and professional, with a focus on providing personalized attention and care.
Mark R. Mandel MD
1237 B St, Hayward, CA 94541
Dr. Mandel and his team are highly professional, caring, and knowledgeable. Their treatment is leading-edge and delivers remarkable results for cataract and Lasik surgeries. Patients felt fully supported and comfortable throughout the process. The staff is friendly and efficient in addressing patients' needs and concerns. Many expressed gratitude and highly recommend Dr. Mandel's practice for any kind of eye surgery.
- Exceptionally caring and professional staff.
- Leading-edge treatment that delivers remarkable results.
- High-quality customer service that makes patients feel comfortable and fully supported.
Pacific Vision Institute
1 Daniel Burnham Ct Suite 170-C, San Francisco, CA 94109
The majority of reviews for the lasik surgeon practice are extremely positive, with patients praising the expertise and professionalism of Dr. Faktorovich and her team. Patients consistently report excellent vision results and a smooth and comfortable procedure, with many now enjoying freedom from glasses and contacts. The office environment is comfortable, clean, and welcoming, and the staff is friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. Overall, Pacific Vision Institute is highly recommended for anyone considering lasik or other vision correction surgeries.
- Highly qualified and experienced surgeon: Dr. Faktorovich is highly qualified and experienced in LASIK and PRK procedures, and has received many accolades and accomplishments.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: The staff at Pacific Vision Institute is courteous, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, providing exceptional care and support to patients before, during, and after the procedure.
- Excellent results and life-changing experience: Many patients have reported excellent results and a life-changing experience after the procedure, with improved vision and freedom from glasses and contacts. The procedure is fast, painless, and smooth, and patients see results as soon as the next day.
LaserVue Eye Center
711 Van Ness Ave Suite 320, San Francisco, CA 94102
LaserVue Eye Center received overwhelmingly positive reviews for their vision correction procedures, particularly their SMILE eye correction procedure. Patients praised the professionalism, friendliness, and personalized care they received from the entire staff, including Dr. Bansal and Dr. Barnes. The procedure was largely painless with minimal discomfort and produced excellent results, sometimes even overnight. Patients recommended LaserVue to anyone considering vision correction surgery and appreciated the convenience and organization of the office. Overall, LaserVue was described as a life-changing experience with an outstanding team of medical professionals.
- Highly skilled and experienced doctors who provide exceptional care during SMILE procedure and other corrective eye surgeries.
- Friendly and professional staff who instill confidence and make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Minimal discomfort and pain experienced during and after the SMILE procedure, resulting in quick recovery and life-changing results.
IQ Laser Vision - Santa Clara
2901 Tasman Dr # 208, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Patients who had procedures done at the practice have mostly reported positive outcomes. Many have mentioned that the surgeons, particularly Dr. Phan, were knowledgeable, experienced, and made them feel comfortable before, during, and after the procedure. Patients were appreciative of the attentive and helpful staff, who provided thorough pre- and post-op instructions. Some patients have specifically mentioned the SMILE procedure, which is a minimally invasive alternative to Lasik with faster healing time and fewer adverse effects. Some patients reported minor discomfort and side effects such as dry eyes and halo vision at night, but most have had good vision outcomes within a few days or weeks after the surgery.
- Experienced and knowledgeable doctors
- Thorough pre-op visits and follow-up care
- Use of new and less invasive procedures like SMILE, resulting in quick recovery times and improved adverse effects
LaserVue Eye Center
1174 Castro St #112, Mountain View, CA 94040
The lasik surgeon practice has excellent reviews from satisfied patients who had a good experience with both the staff and the procedure itself. Patients appreciated the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff, the quick and painless procedure, and the competitive pricing. They said they received clear information and careful follow-up care, leading to excellent results with no complications. Patients also said they felt comfortable and confident throughout the whole process and were happy with the decision to choose this practice for their vision correction.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and helpful, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- The surgery is quick and painless, with great results and minimal discomfort during recovery.
- The practice offers multiple options for refractive surgery, and the staff is knowledgeable and thorough in explaining each option to patients. Additionally, the practice offers affordable pricing and works with insurance to help make the process more accessible.
Pacific Laser Eye Center North Bay
3035 Cleveland Ave suite 100, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Patients who had positive experiences with Pacific Laser Eye Center note that they received thorough and informative consultations and felt comfortable with the staff and surgeons. They report being happy with their results and appreciate the post-surgery care provided by Pacific Laser. The surgery was described as quick and the doctors were careful, while patients appreciated the humor of the surgeons during the procedure.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who take the time to explain all options and answer all questions.
- Highly skilled surgeons with a well-organized and efficient approach to the procedure, resulting in excellent outcomes for most patients.
- Thorough post-operative care, including follow-up appointments with a specialized eye doctor.
Ellis Eye & Laser Medical Center
112 La Casa Via #360, Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Despite a few negative reviews, Dr. Ellis and his team at Ellis Eye & Laser Medical Center receive positive reviews for their successful eye surgeries, professional and detail-oriented staff, and attentive care. Patients express satisfaction with their visual outcomes and appreciate Dr. Ellis' thorough revisions of patient files to ensure the best surgical procedure for the individual. However, some negative reviews mention bait-and-switch pricing, long wait times, and poor customer service from some staff members, causing caution for potential patients.
- Dr. Ellis is a pioneer in the field and takes extra care to revise files in order to provide the best surgery option for each patient.
- The San Jose office had a great staff and provided a detail-oriented experience, resulting in wonderful eyesight with no issues.
- The practice offers a free consultation to determine if a patient is a good candidate for lasik corrective surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article