Best LASIK Surgeon In Santa Rosa, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Santa Rosa LASIK Surgeons in Santa Rosa, Santa Rosa, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Santa Rosa reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Santa Rosa.
LaserVue Eye Center
3540 Mendocino Ave #200, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
The Lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive feedback, with patients commending the professionalism and kindness of the staff, Dr. Bansal's expertise and experience, and the exceptional vision results achieved. Many were delighted with clear vision without glasses or contacts and the attentive follow-up care. A small number had less positive experiences, though positive reviews predominated.
- Highly skilled and professional staff, including nurses and doctors, who handle nervous patients with care and kindness.
- Dr. Jay Bansal has vast knowledge and experience, having performed over 40,000 cataract and other eye surgeries, and delivers positive and gentle care to patients.
- The Laservue Eye Center provides state-of-the-art facilities and services that provide patients with life-altering results, including improved vision that exceeds their expectations.
Eye Care Institute
3035 Cleveland Ave suite 100, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
The Eye Care Institute provides exceptional eye care and lasik surgery. Patients consistently commend the professional, friendly, and efficient staff. Drs. Ni, Shah, and Yang receive outstanding reviews for their expertise and attentive care, with some patients stating they are the best eye doctors ever visited. The spacious, clean facility and quality eyewear selection are also appreciated.
- Efficient, friendly, and professional treatment
- Highly skilled and caring doctors, with excellent surgical outcomes
- Great customer service, with compassionate and respectful staff who prioritize patient comfort and needs.
Mark R. Mandel MD
1237 B St, Hayward, CA 94541
Patients consistently describe Dr. Mark Mandel and his team as professional, caring, and attentive, putting them at ease before, during, and after procedures. Patients recommend Dr. Mandel for his expertise, cutting-edge treatments, and transformative outcomes. His friendly, supportive staff contribute to an overall positive experience.
- Leading edge treatment that delivers remarkable results, including life-changing work.
- Professional, competent, and compassionate staff who provide thorough support throughout all stages of treatment.
- Dr. Mandel is knowledgeable, experienced, and skilled in performing eye surgeries and is highly recommended by both patients and other eye care professionals.
IQ Laser Vision - Santa Clara
2901 Tasman Dr # 208, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Patients reported successful procedures, knowledgeable staff, and attentive care from this Lasik surgeon practice. They commended Dr. Phan and Dr. Lin's experience. Minor issues included appointment delays and limited communication about recovery. Despite this, patients recommend this practice for vision correction.
- Experienced and knowledgeable surgeons who provide thorough consultations and excellent care before, during, and after the procedure.
- The staff is friendly, informative, and attentive, making the entire process seamless and quick.
- The SMILE procedure is minimally invasive, and patients experience less eye dryness and halo after the procedure, resulting in improved adverse effects and quicker recovery times. Also, patients achieve excellent vision results, sometimes better than 20/20.
Eye Care Institute
1383 N McDowell Blvd # 100, Petaluma, CA 94954
The Eye Care Institute's skilled surgeons provide excellent eye care during efficient appointments. Though most patients recommend this practice, some cite long waits and billing issues.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff, including Dr. Wong, Dr. Ni, Dr. Shah, Dr. Lillian Yang, Dr. Anderson, and Dr. Barth.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams with engaging explanations from the technicians and doctors, including Dr. Rich.
- Excellent eye care results, including successful cataract and lasik surgeries, performed by skilled and caring physicians like Dr. Penn and Dr. Abramson.
Laser Eye Center East Bay
5790 Stoneridge Mall Rd, Pleasanton, CA 94588
Patients praise Dr. Bindi and staff at the Laser Eye Center for their friendly, patient guidance and professional support throughout the LASIK process. Patients report quick, painless procedures yielding 20/20 or better vision and rapid recovery.
- Quick, painless and easy LASIK procedure
- Professional, knowledgeable and friendly staff and surgeon
- Life-changing results with great vision and ability to do activities without glasses or contacts
Daniel F Goodman Md
2211 Bush St 2nd floor, San Francisco, CA 94115
Patients consistently comment on the professionalism, skill, and attentiveness of Dr. Goodman and his caring staff. The practice delivers excellent vision results and responsive post-op care. Multiple reviewers achieved 20/15 vision within a week of surgery. Patients appreciate the staff taking time to explain the procedure and address all questions and concerns. Overall, reviewers indicate this practice provides excellent lasik eye care.
- Positive experiences with every person at Goodman Eye Center
- Careful and thorough scans before determining if patient is a good candidate for LASIK
- Excellent patient care and successful results for cataract surgeries
ScottHyver Visioncare - An IQ Laser Vision Partner
2001 Junipero Serra Blvd #161, Daly City, CA 94014
Patients consistently commend Dr. Hyver and his team for their professionalism and mastery in LASIK surgery. They report the procedure as comfortable with rapid healing. Patients appreciate the supportive staff supplying clear guidance. In summary, patients describe vision transformed above 20/20 and excellent care from Dr. Hyver's office.
- Highly recommended by patients, with many positive reviews about the competence and professionalism of the surgeon and staff.
- Offers a range of laser vision correction procedures, including LASIK and PRK, with excellent results reported by patients who have undergone these procedures.
- Provides personalized attention and care, with thorough pre-operative evaluations and guidance throughout the process, resulting in successful outcomes for patients who were previously not candidates for LASIK or had high prescriptions.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.