Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Palmdale, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 27 LASIK Surgeons in Palmdale, CA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 2308 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Palmdale.
Michael Hsieh, O.D. APC.
38019 47th St E, Palmdale, CA 93552
Dr. Hsieh's office offers easy online scheduling and a thorough approach to LASIK surgery. Patients appreciate the clear explanations given by the doctor and his attentive nature. The practice is a great choice for those seeking a skilled and caring LASIK surgeon.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and staff.
- The doctor is very thorough in his examinations and takes the time to explain everything to a patient.
- Appointments are easy to schedule/reschedule online.
- The doctor is tentative in his approach, creating a plan that patients can follow every year.
38660 Medical Center Dr, Palmdale, CA 93551
Retina Specialists is a professional and friendly practice that provides excellent care. Dr. Robert See and the office staff are helpful and attentive to patients' needs. Their expertise and attention to detail make them a top choice for those seeking a lasik surgeon.
- People feel very friendly and welcoming at this medical facility.
- The doctors are very knowledgeable and have a lot of experience with retinal diseases.
- The office staff is very helpful and efficient.
Dr. Babak Shabatian
1739 W Ave J, Lancaster, CA 93534
Dr. Babak Shabatian's office offers a chance to regain 20/20 vision without glasses through informative consultations and painless cataract surgery. Patients highly recommend the practice for their expertise and quality of care. Experience exceptional eye care with Dr. Shabatian and his team.
- People feel that Dr. Shabatian is informative and provides an opportunity to regain their eyesight without glasses now 20/20.
- People feel that the cataract surgery was nearly painless.
- People feel that Dr. Shabatian is highly recommended.
Dr. Steven Israel, Optometrist
1046 W Ave K, Lancaster, CA 93534
Dr. Steven Israel, Optometrist, is a knowledgeable and attentive practitioner who specializes in keratoconus eye disease. Patients appreciate his personalized approach and the stylish glasses he offers. The practice provides excellent care for those seeking treatment for their vision needs.
- People feel that Dr. Israel is very honest and takes his time to listen to patients.
- He specializes in keratoconus eye disease, which makes him an expert on the topic.
- The staff is friendly and helpful, making it a great experience overall.
- The glasses look stylish and modern.
Antelope Mall Vision Center Optometry
40033 10th St W unit a, Palmdale, CA 93551
Antelope Mall Vision Center Optometry is a standout choice for those seeking a top-tier lasik surgeon. The doctors are incredibly helpful and appointments are easy to schedule. The office is immaculate and adheres to strict Covid guidelines, making it a safe and reliable option for all.
- People feel comfortable coming here because of the Covid guidelines.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and helpful.
- The staff is friendly and accommodating.
California Retina Consultants
38660 Medical Center Dr Suite A-350, Palmdale, CA 93551
California Retina Consultants is a highly skilled and compassionate lasik surgeon's office. Patients appreciate the short waiting times and coordinated care. The doctors are knowledgeable and efficient, providing a professional and caring experience.
- People feel very professional and efficient.
- Short waiting times.
- Coordinates well with other medical staff.
- Gentle and expert care.
Laser Eye Center - Valencia
23838 Valencia Blvd #110, Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Laser Eye Center - Valencia is a welcoming and clean practice that provides excellent laser eye surgery. The doctors are friendly and take the time to explain everything in detail. Patients can trust that they are in good hands at this top-rated practice.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at the Laser Eye Center
- The staff is friendly and helpful, with doctors who are always willing to explain things in detail.
- There is no pain involved with laser eye surgery, making it an ideal option for those looking to improve their vision without any discomfort.
Antelope Valley Family Optometry
2720 E Palmdale Blvd, Palmdale, CA 93550
Antelope Valley Family Optometry is highly regarded for their exceptional service, professionalism, and care. Dr. Lin and the staff are known for their friendly and helpful demeanor, taking the time to listen to patients' needs. Patients with fluctuating vision have found success with Dr. Lin's accurate measurements and personalized treatment plans.
- People feel very comfortable here.
- They take their time to listen to what you have to say and do their best to help you.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Glenn Hiura OD
38433 20th St E, Palmdale, CA 93550
Dr. Glenn Hiura's office is known for providing exceptional service and accurate prescriptions. Patients appreciate his professionalism, friendly demeanor, and willingness to explain everything thoroughly. While some find his prices affordable without insurance, others may find them slightly higher than other optometrists.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and staff. They feel like they can ask any questions and that the staff will be able to help them find what they need.
- The prices are very affordable for those without insurance, which is great.
- The doctor takes the time to explain everything he is doing in detail to his patients, which makes them feel more confident about their care.
- The doctor has a lot of experience and knows how to treat different types of eye problems.
Lancaster Eye Institute
1739 W Ave J, Lancaster, CA 93534
Lancaster Eye Institute is a professional and accommodating practice with friendly staff and impressive technology. Patients appreciate the quick appointment availability and highly recommend Dr. Shabatian and the team at Lancaster Eye Institute for their LASIK needs. Trustworthy and efficient, this practice is a top choice for anyone seeking exceptional eye care.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at the Lancaster Eye Institute.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful, always willing to help out in any way possible.
- The doctors are highly skilled and knowledgeable, able to provide excellent care for their patients.
- There is a high level of efficiency within the clinic, with appointments being scheduled quickly and efficiently.
- The clinic is always kept clean and sterile, ensuring that patients feel safe and comfortable during their visits.
516 E Palmdale Blvd, Palmdale, CA 93550
Palmdale Optometry boasts a new, kind, and professional doctor. However, some have reported instances of rudeness from the staff. The office offers a play area for children, though it may be crowded for some.
- People feel taken seriously and well cared for by the new doctor.
- Dr Helen Tran is amazing.
- Eye issues can be confusing, but she explains everything and is so understanding of your concerns.
- I definitely recommend seeing her.
Helm Vision Group
619 W Ave Q, Palmdale, CA 93551
Helm Vision Group is a highly recommended optometrist office with a caring doctor and helpful front desk staff. Their use of optimap instead of dilation is appreciated by patients. While some have not mentioned the optician, the overall experience at Helm Vision Group is positive.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Ho and Christine because they are both very knowledgeable and caring.
- They offer an optometric service that is different from other vision groups, in that they provide optimap instead of getting your eyes dilated. This is a great option for people who are afraid of needles.
- The location is perfect for business people who need to be close to the office but also want easy access to quality optometry services.
Antelope Valley Eye Care
42543 8th St W #101, Lancaster, CA 93534
Antelope Valley Eye Care boasts a friendly and professional staff, with knowledgeable and compassionate doctors. Patients appreciate the clinic's efficiency and adherence to safety protocols, including the use of gloves and masks. Overall, a highly recommended choice for those seeking lasik surgery.
- People feel very passionate about their work here.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- The doctors are very experienced and knowledgeable.
- The location is convenient for residents of the Antelope Valley area.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article