Best LASIK Surgeon In Hayward, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hayward LASIK Surgeons in Hayward, Hayward, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hayward reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Hayward.
Mark R. Mandel MD
1237 B St, Hayward, CA 94541
The practice receives outstanding reviews for Dr. Mandel's surgical skill and patient care. Patients highlight the professionalism of the doctor and staff, as well as the impressive surgical outcomes from cutting-edge treatments and customized plans. Reviewers find the practice compassionate and supportive, recommending it for exceptional eye care.
- Exceptionally caring and professional staff, including Dr. Mandel, who are knowledgeable and skilled in leading edge treatment options.
- Efficient and thorough process with painless procedures, great follow-up care, and clear instructions for using necessary eye drops.
- Highly recommended by other medical professionals, with successful outcomes for various eye surgeries including cataract and ICL lens. Patients report feeling comfortable and reassured by the professionalism, compassion, and expertise of the entire team.
Pacific Vision Institute
1 Daniel Burnham Ct Suite 170-C, San Francisco, CA 94109
Patients consistently praise Dr. Ella Faktorovich and the Pacific Vision Institute team for their professionalism, expertise, and clear communication throughout the LASIK and PRK processes. The procedures are reportedly quick and easy in the clinic's clean and comfortable environment. Many reviewers describe life-changing experiences, with 20/20 or better vision after ditching glasses and contacts.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff, including Dr. Faktorovich, who is an expert in the field of LASIK and PRK.
- Patients have reported exceptional results with 20/20 or better vision, providing freedom from glasses and contacts.
- The clinic provides outstanding service, care, and professionalism throughout the entire process, including thorough pre-op and post-op appointments, which has left patients feeling well-cared for and satisfied with their choice of Pacific Vision Institute for their LASIK surgery.
NeoVision Eye Center
2 Union Square, Union City, CA 94587
Dr. Shobha Tandon's LASIK practice was praised for her professionalism, expertise, and attentive follow-up care. Patients were satisfied with their vision results. The friendly staff and comprehensive eye care services were also appreciated.
- Excellent results with LASIK surgery, even for high astigmatism, and thorough post-operative care from Dr. Tandon.
- Professional and polite staff who are helpful in selecting frames and accommodating appointment schedules.
- Dr. Tandon is highly knowledgeable, patient, and caring, with a track record of success in treating various eye conditions.
LaserVue Eye Center
711 Van Ness Ave Suite 320, San Francisco, CA 94102
The LaserVue Eye Center provides top-notch vision correction services. Patients praise the professional, informative staff and skilled, attentive doctors. The SMILE procedure is painless with excellent vision improvement results. Patients feel LaserVue offers personalized care that exceeds expectations.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeons and staff who provide personalized care and attention to patients throughout the entire process, from pre- to post-surgery.
- Procedures are virtually painless, and patients experience a remarkable improvement in their vision even within a few hours of the procedure.
- Patients report minimal discomfort and side effects, quick results, and no more reliance on glasses or contact lenses to navigate daily activities.
Laser Eye Center of Silicon Valley
606 Saratoga Ave, San Jose, CA 95129
The Laser Eye Center's lasik surgeons deliver outstanding results. Dr. Ling comes highly recommended for his surgical skill. The staff makes the process comfortable through their courtesy and efficiency. Patients have appreciated the life-changing gift of perfect vision after their painless, quick surgeries and excellent after-care.
- Highly skilled and outstanding surgeons who provide quick and painless procedures with amazing results, leaving patients with 20/20 vision without glasses or contact lenses.
- Exceptional patient care provided by courteous and efficient professionals who offer friendly, helpful, and thorough explanations throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to post-operative care.
- Affordable and flexible payment plans, coupled with expert advice on the best procedure to suit a patient's unique requirements, make Laser Eye Surgery Center a life-changing and worthwhile investment.
IQ Laser Vision - Santa Clara
2901 Tasman Dr # 208, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Patients appreciated the expertise of IQ Laser Vision's surgeons and friendly staff. Detailed pre-op visits and post-op follow-ups ensured proper healing and results. SMILE received positive feedback for faster healing and fewer side effects than traditional LASIK.
- Experienced doctors: Multiple reviewers mentioned the experience and expertise of the doctors, which instilled confidence in the patients.
- Various procedure options: Reviewers appreciated the variety of procedure options available at IQ Laser Vision, allowing them to choose the procedure that was best suited for them.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers mentioned the friendly nature of the staff, their ability to answer all questions, and provide a wealth of information throughout the process.
LaserVue Eye Center
3540 Mendocino Ave #200, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Patients consistently report positive experiences with Dr. Bansal and the staff at LaserVue Eye Center in Santa Rosa. Many have undergone LASIK and cataract surgeries, resulting in improved vision through efficient procedures. Dr. Bansal's expertise, experience, and compassion set patients at ease. The friendly, knowledgeable staff also receive high marks. Patients strongly recommend LaserVue for a range of eye surgeries.
- Highly skilled and professional staff, especially in handling nervous patients during procedures.
- Excellent outcomes for various eye surgeries, including Laser Cataract Surgeries, LASIK, Refractive Lens Replacement, and SMILE procedures.
- Friendly and knowledgeable doctors and staff who provide a comfortable and welcoming environment, with exceptional aftercare services.
LaserVue Eye Center
1174 Castro St #112, Mountain View, CA 94040
Patients consistently praise the Laservue Eye Center staff, especially Dr. Jay Bansal, for their professionalism, friendliness, and dedication to patient education and care. Many have had excellent LASIK, PRK, and SMILE results with improved vision, minimal discomfort, and quick recovery times. Patients appreciate the Center's clean, accommodating facility, competitive pricing, thorough pre- and post-op care, and excellent after-care. Overall, Laservue Eye Center comes highly recommended for those seeking quality LASIK surgery.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff, who take the time to explain the procedure in detail and answer all questions regarding pre and post-surgery care.
- Quick and painless surgery with amazing results, providing crystal clear vision with noticeable improvements in a short period of time.
- Competitive pricing and flexibility with scheduling appointments, making the process easy and convenient for patients.
Laser Eye Center East Bay
5790 Stoneridge Mall Rd, Pleasanton, CA 94588
Dr. Craig Bindi receives consistent positive feedback from patients regarding his professionalism, expertise, and caring approach at the Laser Eye Center of East Bay/Silicon Valley. Patients describe the LASIK procedure as quick and painless with a relatively easy recovery. Many note friendly, supportive staff. Even initially hesitant patients report wishing they had undergone the procedure sooner.
- Painless procedure and quick recovery
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff and doctor
- Highly satisfied with the results and improved vision
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.