Best LASIK Surgeon In Elk Grove, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Elk Grove LASIK Surgeons in Elk Grove, Elk Grove, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Elk Grove reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Elk Grove.
NVISION Eye Centers - Roseville
1524 Eureka Rd, Roseville, CA 95661
NVision Eye Center provides excellent lasik surgery with professional and attentive doctors and staff. The facility is clean and organized. The procedure is painless, quick, and produces visible results the next day. Patient care and comfort are the top priority. Highly recommended.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable doctors and staff
- Focus on patient comfort and care, with attention to detail
- Use of advanced technology for better surgical outcomes and faster recovery times
Sacramento Eye Consultants
1515 Response Rd, Sacramento, CA 95815
The positive patient reviews highlight the thoroughness, competence, and professionalism of the LASIK surgeons and staff. Patients value the practice's efficiency and commitment to achieving patient goals. Many patients have expressed gratitude for the excellent surgical outcomes, including cataract procedures.
- Competent and thorough doctors such as Dr. Lee, Dr. Sierra, Dr. Wu, Dr. Liu and Dr. Brubaker who are knowledgeable and willing to patiently explain their assessment.
Friendly, efficient, and caring staff who make the procedure go smoothly, assist patients with pre-exam tests, and take the time to answer all questions.
- Excellent care and top-notch eye care, including cataract surgery, LASIK surgery, and treatment for glaucoma. Additionally, some patients have had an overall positive experience and are happy with the results.
Mark R. Mandel MD
1237 B St, Hayward, CA 94541
Patients regularly commend Dr. Mark Mandel's group for professional, expert care resulting in successful procedures with minimal discomfort. His attentive staff thoroughly explains the process, easing patients' minds. Many patients say their vision and lives have dramatically improved under Dr. Mandel's compassionate care.
- Exceptionally caring and professional staff
- Leading edge and effective treatments
- Efficient, painless and successful surgeries with thorough post-operative care
Liang Keith MD - Center For Sight
3160 J St, Sacramento, CA 95816
Reviews for Dr. Liang's lasik surgeon practice highlight his caring bedside manner and surgical expertise producing excellent vision outcomes. His office runs efficiently with knowledgeable staff. Though a few patients had poor service experiences, most describe a professional and well-organized practice.
- Efficient and well-managed office, with prompt appointment times and minimal waiting.
- Caring and professional physician and staff who provide easy, painless, and trouble-free cataract and Lasik surgeries.
- Skilled and knowledgeable practitioners who have excellent follow-up and patient care, resulting in improved vision outcomes.
Laser Eye Center of Silicon Valley
606 Saratoga Ave, San Jose, CA 95129
The Laser Eye Center of Silicon Valley provides life-changing vision correction through Lasik surgery. Patients experienced excellent results, citing the professionalism and helpfulness of the skilled surgeons and staff. Most reported improved vision that enabled them to enjoy outdoor activities without glasses or contacts.
- Highly skilled and outstanding surgeon with excellent outcomes as reported by patients.
- Professional, courteous, and efficient staff that made the whole process easy and painless.
- Life-changing experience for patients with clear vision, greater freedom, and improved quality of life after surgery.
IQ Laser Vision - Santa Clara
2901 Tasman Dr # 208, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Patients consistently commend IQ Laser Vision's experienced doctors and staff for thorough pre-op visits and attentive post-op care. Many report outstanding vision results from the minimally invasive SMILE procedure known for fast recovery time. Though some experience temporary discomfort or dryness, most issues resolve within months. Overall, patients express deep gratitude and satisfaction.
- Experienced and knowledgeable doctors who provide thorough pre-op visits and personalized care throughout the process.
- Offers modern and less invasive procedures like SMILE with quick recovery times and fewer side effects.
- The staff is friendly, informative, and attentive, making the entire process from consultation to post-op follow-ups seamless and comfortable for patients.
Eye Care Institute
1383 N McDowell Blvd # 100, Petaluma, CA 94954
Eye Care Institute's knowledgeable doctors take time to answer patient questions. Many patients had successful cataract and LASIK surgeries under Dr. Ni and Dr. Wong's compassionate and thorough care. Some reviewers raised concerns about long waits, billing, misdiagnosis, and physician competence.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff who take the time to answer all questions and explain procedures clearly.
- Offers a range of eye care services, including cataract surgery and Lasik.
- Many patients report positive experiences with their doctors and staff, with some even stating that they've been coming to the Eye Care Institute for years and have received excellent care.
Newman Leonard A MD
3838 Watt Ave Site A-110, Sacramento, CA 95821
This lasik surgeon practice has received largely positive feedback for their friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, and efficient procedures. Most patients report improved vision and independence from glasses or contacts, with some citing the affordable price. A few negative reviews criticize aftercare or vision regression post-surgery. In general, reviews recommend this practice for lasik needs.
- Friendly and professional staff, making patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process.
- Dr. Newman is a gifted and knowledgeable surgeon who talks patients through every step of the surgery, providing a smooth and painless experience.
- Affordable prices for the high-quality lasik services provided, making it accessible to a wider range of patients.
Griffin & Reed Eye Care
651 Fulton Ave, Sacramento, CA 95825
Griffin and Reed Eye Care is highly regarded for their LASIK surgery and patient care. Patients report exceptional service, professional and caring staff, and positive surgical outcomes. The facilities are state-of-the-art. Dr. Maboudi receives consistent praise for LASIK surgery. Dr. Kim is also well reviewed for cataract surgery and PRK eye correction.
- Highly professional and friendly staff who go above and beyond to repair and fix frames and lenses.
- Dr. Maboudi is a brilliant and compassionate LASIK surgeon who takes the time to explain the procedure and answer all questions, resulting in life-changing outcomes for many patients.
- Dr. Kim-Dunlavey is a skilled cataract surgeon who works with patients to achieve the clearest vision and takes the time to monitor chronic conditions but may not be as helpful for long-term care.
Wilmarth Eye and Laser Center
1830 Sierra Gardens Dr #100, Roseville, CA 95661
Dr. Wilmarth receives consistently positive reviews for his lasik procedures, with many patients achieving 20/15 vision or better. His friendly, knowledgeable staff helps put nervous patients at ease. The office and surgery center are clean and well-maintained. While some reviewers cite issues with communication, most highly recommend Dr. Wilmarth.
- Highly skilled surgeon with almost 30 years of experience
- Very friendly and professional staff who make patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the process
- Excellent results with many patients achieving better than 20/20 vision, making the cost of the procedure worth it for many reviewers
California LASIK & Eye
1111 Exposition Blvd Building 200 Suite 2000, Sacramento, CA 95815
Patients laud Dr. Barnett's friendliness, expertise, and dedication. His attention to patients' needs and wife's aesthetic skillset impress. Communication and affordability also draw praise, along with the office's cleanliness. Numerous patients delighted with their cataract, LASIK, and other surgeries. Overall, Dr. Barnett earns outstanding marks for his compassion and surgical skill.
- Dr. Barnett is a great communicator and is passionate about his work. He takes a thorough and comprehensive approach to eye care, ensuring that his patients are well-informed and cared for.
- The staff at California LASIK and Eye are friendly, kind, and knowledgeable. Patients feel at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process.
- The practice offers a range of services, from optometry to aesthetics, and patients report high satisfaction with their experiences and results.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.