Best Eye Doctors In Yuba City, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Yuba City Optometrists in Yuba City, Yuba City, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Yuba City reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Yuba City.
Peach Tree Health
5730 Packard Ave #500, Marysville, CA 95901
The eye care center receives positive reviews for their friendly and knowledgeable staff, experienced doctors, thorough exams, professional service, minimal wait times, and clean, well-maintained facilities.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Reviewers mentioned that the doctors at Peach Tree Clinic provided thorough and detailed eye exams, answering questions and explaining the process to ensure a thorough understanding of the results.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews praised the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at Peach Tree Clinic, including the receptionists, nurses, and doctors. Reviewers felt welcomed and well-treated throughout their visits.
444 Colusa Ave Suite A, Yuba City, CA 95991
Stanton Optical provides efficient eye exams with minimal wait times. Patients commend the helpful expertise of staff members Lexie, Sophia, Ashley, Josafat, Claudio, Klarissa, Christopher, Angel, and Gloria. Customers appreciate assistance selecting frames and lenses at affordable prices in a welcoming environment.
- Short wait times: Many reviewers mention that they were able to get in for their eye exam quickly, with wait times typically under 10 minutes.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers praise the staff for being helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. They mention specific employees who provided exceptional customer service and made the process comfortable and easy.
- Wide selection of frames and affordable pricing: Several reviewers appreciate the large selection of glasses, including safety glasses and sunglasses, and mention that the pricing was reasonable. Some reviewers also mention staff members who helped them choose frames that fit their style and budget.
Dr. Christine Yang and Dr. Avni Shah
2004 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95050
Dr. Yang’s eye exams are thorough and informative. Her professional yet personable manner puts even children at ease. Located inside Target, her COVID-compliant office has a helpful staff. Patients recommend her excellent, conveniently-located service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff members at the eye care center, from the receptionists to the doctors. They appreciate the professional and informative nature of the staff, which creates a comfortable and positive experience during eye exams.
- Thorough and patient eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at the center. The doctors take their time to explain the tests and results in easy-to-understand terms, ensuring that patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the process. They also address any concerns or questions patiently, making the experience memorable for the reviewers.
- Convenient location and adherence to COVID protocols: The eye care center being located inside a Target store is seen as a positive aspect by some reviewers, creating a sense of community and convenience. Additionally, reviewers mention that the clinic follows strict COVID protocols and safety standards, providing peace of mind to patients during these times.
Children’s Choice Dental Care
871 Gray Ave Suite B, Yuba City, CA 95991
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their friendly staff and kid-friendly environment. Patients mention the staff’s efforts to keep children at ease during exams. Reviewers are complimentary of the doctors’ clear explanations of procedures and ability to put patients comfortable.
- Nice and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center are nice and friendly, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Kid-friendly environment: Several reviews mentioned that this eye care center is specifically designed to be kid-friendly, with fun elements and distractions to help children feel more comfortable during their eye exams and treatments.
- Accommodating to special needs: One review mentioned that the staff was understanding and accommodating to a child with sensory processing disorder, ensuring a comfortable and positive dental experience.
Three Rivers Optometry
1245 Tharp Rd, Yuba City, CA 95993
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for thorough exams performed by knowledgeable, friendly staff. Customers mention an ample frame selection and slight wait times. Highly satisfied patients consistently recommend this center.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention how thorough the eye exams are at this eye care center, highlighting the professionalism and attention to detail of the doctors and staff.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Customers consistently mention the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff members at this location, making the experience enjoyable and comfortable.
- Good selection of frames: Many reviewers appreciate the wide selection of frames available at this eye care center, allowing them to find a style that suits their preferences.
Marysville Optometry- Dr. Mark Byers, O.D.
429 D St, Marysville, CA 95901
Dr. Byers and staff take time to explain eye exams while providing excellent patient care. Patients appreciate the friendly, knowledgeable, patient and accommodating staff. The office has a welcoming atmosphere and great frame selection.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, patient, and accommodating. They are praised for their willingness to assist with insurance coverage, frame selection, and answering questions.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers appreciate Dr. Byers' patience, professionalism, and ability to explain each part of the eye exam. He takes the time to listen and ensures that the exams are thorough and detailed.
- Comfortable and relaxed atmosphere: Several reviews mention feeling at ease and not being rushed during their visit. The cozy office and friendly atmosphere contribute to a positive experience.
Distinctive Eyes Optometry
1641 Colusa Hwy #100, Yuba City, CA 95993
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews praising the professional, friendly, and knowledgeable staff and eye doctors. Patients value the comprehensive eye exams, frame selection assistance, and pleasant office environment. A few negative reviews cite issues with prescription accuracy, scheduling, and unprofessional conduct.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Thorough and professional eye exams
- Wide selection of eye glasses
- Professional and personable doctors
- Helpful and patient staff for frame selection
- Prompt appointments and efficient service
- Clean and welcoming environment
- Top-quality glasses available at different price points
- Staff provides honest opinions on frame choices
- Great experience with insurance and billing questions
Live Oak Clinic
9980 Live Oak Blvd, Live Oak, CA 95953
The eye care center received largely positive feedback for its friendly, professional staff, smooth eye exams, and frame selection. Patients appreciated Dr. Raymond’s warm and knowledgeable care. The clinic earned acclaim for accommodating those with special needs. A couple reviews cited appointment scheduling issues and long wait times.
- Friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center were friendly and welcoming.
- Good selection of frames: One reviewer noted that the center has a good selection of frames for glasses.
- Caring and knowledgeable eye doctors: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye doctors at this clinic were knowledgeable, patient, and explained procedures and conditions clearly.
Del Pero Eye Center
950 Tharp Rd STE 1500, Yuba City, CA 95993
The Del Pero Eye Center receives excellent reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff, especially Dr. Del Pero, who patients describe as kind and skilled. Many share positive experiences with cataract surgeries and comprehensive exams, though some note longer wait times. Overall, customers are grateful for the caring, thorough treatment and highly recommend the center.
- Friendly and cheerful staff who make patients feel comfortable and valued.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional doctors who provide thorough and personalized care.
- Excellent surgical procedures for cataract removal and lens replacement.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in California
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 5.07% of Californians aged 40-64 were blind or had difficulty seeing, while 8.23% of those aged 65 and older experienced the same visual impairments. in California, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in California
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in California.
- The The percentage of people in California with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In California in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (7.03%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.89%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.14%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in California
- In California, 4.89% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in California
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.11% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in California face even higher rates at 8.23%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in California
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in California.
- 11.5% of those with diabetes and 7.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in California
- Early vision care is crucial, with 68.81% of children in California having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.5% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in California
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.89% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in California.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.