Best Eye Doctors In Windsor, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Windsor Optometrists in Windsor, Windsor, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Windsor reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Windsor.
Eye Care Institute
3035 Cleveland Ave suite 100, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
The Eye Care Institute receives mixed reviews. Patients praise the friendly, efficient staff and thorough eye exams. However, some express dissatisfaction with customer service issues like higher fees, lack of itemized billing, unprofessional receptionists, and poor complaint handling. Other criticisms include problems with glasses adjustments, lack of appointment reminders, long wait times, and repetitive questioning. Though not all reviews are positive, many still recommend the institute.
- Friendly and efficient service: Customers appreciate the friendly and efficient service at this eye care center. The staff is respectful of their time and they are able to complete their eye exams and consultations in a timely manner.
- Thorough exams and excellent care: Customers feel that they have received thorough eye exams and excellent care at this eye care institute. They are satisfied with the level of professionalism and dedication displayed by the doctors and staff.
- Good diagnosis and problem-solving: Customers have experienced positive outcomes with their eye care needs at this center. They have had successful cataract surgeries, accurate diagnoses, and proper treatments for their eye issues, which has led to improved vision.
800 4th St, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Empire Optometry is lauded for friendly, knowledgeable staff and doctors, state-of-the-art equipment, and eye exam and glasses selection. The sole critique is delayed prescription glasses, though customers still heavily endorse their exemplary eye care.
- Friendly and supportive staff for a comfortable eye appointment and exam.
- Thorough eye exams with clear explanations and professional service.
- Excellent selection of glasses and top-notch products available.
L. Lee Optometry
950 Coddingtown Center, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Dr. Lee’s eye care center is highly recommended by customers for the friendly, knowledgeable staff and Dr. Lee’s thorough and informative eye exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The optometrist and technicians are described as extremely helpful, kind, and passionate about their profession. They provide excellent service and take the time to explain everything and answer questions thoughtfully.
- Thorough and informative exams: Many reviewers mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough, detailed, and well-explained. The optometrist uses state-of-the-art equipment and takes the time to provide a comprehensive understanding of the patient's vision and any potential eye health concerns.
- Great selection of glasses frames: The office is praised for having a wide selection of glasses frames and sunglass frames. Customers are able to try on frames and see how they would affect their vision and appearance. The staff in the front office are patient and helpful when it comes to selecting the right pair of glasses.
950 Coddingtown Center, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Customers commend the eye care center’s attentive service and expert care, especially from Dr. Lee, Seghen, Stacy and Gabby. They note thorough exams and helpful frame selection. The center provides a professional yet welcoming environment where customers feel comfortable and valued.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews praise the staff for their exceptional customer service and willingness to go above and beyond to help customers. They are described as friendly, patient, and supportive.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the expertise of Dr. Lee and mention that she takes the time to explain everything and answer any questions. Her diligence in recommending referrals for further treatment is also praised.
- Help with frame selection: The team at Target Optical is described as helpful in assisting customers with choosing the right frames for their needs. They provide honest opinions and are patient with indecisiveness.
9240 Old Redwood Hwy Unit #108, Windsor, CA 95492
Lyons Optometry receives glowing reviews for their welcoming staff, clean facilities, and Dr. Lyons’ informative exams. While a couple customers cited issues with warranty work and one staff member, most praise the team’s expertise and exceptional service.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at Lyons Optometry are friendly, welcoming, and make patients feel comfortable during their visit.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviewers praised Dr. Lyons for providing thorough eye exams and taking the time to explain things to them. They appreciated her expertise and attention to detail.
- Great selection of glasses: Another pro mentioned by reviewers is the great selection of glasses available at Lyons Optometry, allowing patients to find the perfect fit and style for their needs.
- Note: Please keep in mind that these pros are based on the provided reviews and may not encompass all aspects of the eye care center. It is always recommended to conduct further research and visit the location personally to make an informed decision.
LaserVue Eye Center
3540 Mendocino Ave #200, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
The LaserVue Eye Center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews, with many patients citing excellent vision results from Dr. Bansal’s expertise in LASIK, cataract surgery, and refractive procedures. Patients describe life-changing experiences, with praise for the professional, knowledgeable staff and state-of-the-art, clean facility. While a minority express less satisfaction, most portray their procedures as successful and are pleased with the friendly service.
- Cutting-edge and efficient facility: Multiple reviews highlight that the eye care center is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and provides efficient services. This suggests that customers can expect advanced treatments and quick procedures.
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff: Customers appreciate the expertise and professionalism of the staff, particularly Dr. Bansal. The reviews mention that the team is knowledgeable, caring, and attentive, which instills confidence in the patients. This indicates that customers can expect a high level of care and personalized attention.
- Life-altering results: Many reviewers express their
534 Larkfield Center, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Sonoma Eyeworks provides thorough, advanced eye exams and a wide selection of eyeglasses. Long-term patients praise the excellent service, welcoming atmosphere, and knowledgeable doctors. A few reviewers did note extended wait times and unclear pricing.
- Long-term stable employees: The eye care center has a team of long-term employees, providing consistent and reliable service.
- Excellent service: Multiple reviews mention the excellent service provided by the staff, including thorough eye exams, helpful frame selection assistance, and addressing customer concerns promptly.
- Good range of quality frames: The eye care center offers a variety of quality frames, including unique and non-traditional options, giving customers more choices for their eyewear.
Dr. Shipley and Associates
1430 Guerneville Rd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Customers endorsed the professionalism, friendliness, and COVID-19 safety of the eye care center. Most commended the expertise of Drs. Les and Margot Shipley in clarifying insurance and addressing concerns. Isolated negative feedback centered on insurance hassles and limited frames, though most still strongly recommended the practice for its quality care.
- Professional and friendly staff who provide excellent eye care and contact fitting.
- Knowledgeable and patient doctors who take the time to explain insurance benefits, address concerns, and explain changes in vision.
- Accessible and accommodating, even open on weekends and willing to help with last-minute contact prescriptions.
Family Optometry Center of Santa Rosa
1559 Farmers Ln, Santa Rosa, CA 95405
The Family Optometry Center receives excellent reviews for its convenient location, welcoming staff, and advanced technology. Customers commend Dr. Ian Middleton’s comprehensive eye exams and skill finding ideal lenses. However, one customer felt prices were higher than some competitors.
- Convenient location and availability: The Family Optometry Center is conveniently located and offers same-day appointments, making it easy to access eye care when needed.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The staff at Family Optometry Center are described as friendly, understanding, and welcoming, making the overall experience positive for patients of all ages.
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. Ian Middleton is praised for providing extensive eye exams and taking the time to explain and address any concerns or questions. Patients feel well taken care of by his expertise.
Barth Vision & Optical
640 Healdsburg Ave, Healdsburg, CA 95448
Patients praise Dr. Barth and his team’s kindness, professionalism, and successful surgical results. The friendly, attentive staff fosters comfort and safety. One negative review citing a rude doctor appears anomalous given the overwhelmingly positive feedback.
- Highly skilled and compassionate staff: Multiple reviews mention the caring and understanding nature of Dr. Barth and his team, making patients feel comfortable and safe during their procedures.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Many reviews praise the successful outcomes of cataract surgery and other eye treatments, with patients experiencing improved vision without the need for glasses.
- Attentive post-surgery care: Patients appreciate the follow-up and availability of Dr. Barth post-surgery, as well as the prompt scheduling of appointments and responsiveness to any complications or concerns.
Eyes On the Green: Gregg Robert OD
820 McClelland Dr, Windsor, CA 95492
Dr. Gregg provides thorough eye exams utilizing the latest equipment. However, some patients report issues with communication, customer service, and obtaining glasses. The experienced, friendly staff receives praise, though office management frustrations persist for some customers.
- Dr. Gregg provides thorough and complete eye exams using the latest equipment, making him the preferred choice for eye care.
- The staff at this eye care center are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, providing great customer service and assistance in choosing glasses.
- Patients have experienced improved eyesight and a positive overall experience under Dr. Robert's care, with the office offering top-tier glasses selection.
Site for Sore Eyes – Montgomery Village
2320 Midway Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95405
This eye care center is highly recommended for eye exams, glasses, and contacts. Patients describe the staff as friendly, helpful, and patient. They provide excellent customer service. While some note high prices for designer frames, most reviewers have had a positive experience and say this is the best eye care in town.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention how attentive, friendly, and patient the staff are, making the overall experience pleasant and stress-free.
- Knowledgeable and thorough optometrists: The doctors at this eye care center are praised for their attentiveness, thoroughness, and ability to identify specific vision needs, such as dry eye and astigmatism.
- Wide selection and customization options: Reviews mention a variety of frames and sunglasses choices, as well as the optician's willingness to go above and beyond to make custom adjustments and reshape frames.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in California
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 5.07% of Californians aged 40-64 were blind or had difficulty seeing, while 8.23% of those aged 65 and older experienced the same visual impairments. in California, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in California
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in California.
- The The percentage of people in California with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In California in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (7.03%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.89%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.14%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in California
- In California, 4.89% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in California
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.11% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in California face even higher rates at 8.23%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in California
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in California.
- 11.5% of those with diabetes and 7.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in California
- Early vision care is crucial, with 68.81% of children in California having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.5% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in California
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.89% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in California.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.